It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New User with a question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Bit surprised by the twenty post rule but ah well. Anyway.. hello! I had a major question here. It's been raining since Friday - Thursday night last week in the Southeast, and major suburbs of Atlanta are getting flooded with some creeks expanding well beyond the banks they normally occupy, pretty much turning into rivers. This rain doesn't look like it's slated to end any time soon and Weather Channel is reporting it's actually worse then many of the hurricanes that have hit Georgia and surrounding states in recent years, potentially continuing up until the middle of the week with storm after storm flying in. Nearly the entire state of Georgia has been in a drought situation for the past five years until we got hit with this, any thoughts?

Weather.com for local area

[edit on 21-9-2009 by LittleDragon]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by LittleDragon

First off, welcome to ATS.

As to the situation at hand, my first and only thought was "be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it".

Perhaps someone else can chime in and help you out. I tend to be a real smart-y-pants sometimes.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thank you! They're now saying it's tropical moisture - much like any regular hurricane, except this has just decided to settle down right over the southeast and doesn't have a name

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleDragon

Welcome 'LittleDragon'. Boy did you just open a can of worms!
If you go up to the 'Search' bar in the top right hand side and type in-

Weather
Weather patterns
Weather modification
or just anything with 'weather' in it.

You will then see a plethora of threads that have been posted in the past here on 'ATS'. This subject, I promise, will keep you busy for quite some time.
Go through all the information and veiwpoints and see what your take is on all of this.

Remember ATS's motto- "Deny Ignorance"

Again 'Welcome' and look forward to your own findings and opinion. Just be sure to back up any of your claims.- Geo

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Welcome LittleDragon! The rain is absolutely bizarre.....We've had so much I've had to start covering what's left of my garden before everything drowns!

We've been seeing the effects of global climate change for a while now and I think it's just going to get worse. The funny thing is, the wet weather used to be quite typical for Georgia before everything dried out.

new topics

join