It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merced police used Taser on unarmed, legless man in a wheelchair

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You know, I wish that "angry mob" would have beaten that cop senseless! What a horrible excuse for a human being!

Oh no a guy in a wheelchair with no legs! What is he going to do? RUN FROM YOU?

Anyone else smell a lawsuit?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Notice how they say he was in jail on "suspicion" of domestic violence? So, he wasn't convicted, someone made the claim, so now the police punish you by mere accusation?

This taser stuff is totally out of control.

Reasonable suspicion has long been considered to be legal
cause for arrest, this is nothing new but the tasering of double
amptuees certainly is. Unless armed, someone in a wheelchair
could never pose a threat to anyone, The tasering was unwarranted
and cruel. Leaving the man with his pants down was just plain
humiliation. These policemen should lose their jobs as they have
proven themselves unfit to make critical decisions.

A friend of mine who was a former police officer told me that
the dept that he had worked for was now hiring the youngest,
most aggressive people they could find, some with misdemeanor
records the length of your arm. Perhaps that explains why this
sort of behavior goes on. I will always give police the benefit
of the doubt and follow any reasonable order they give me.
I do understand their job is a terribly difficult and I am
grateful for the services they provide. What these 2 did to the
man in the wheelchair was WAY out of line!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Based on the fact that the police were called out because this apparently defenceless man was beating the crap out of his partner, he doesn't strike me as quite so shy and timid.

Men who beat women deserve a good tasering, I could care less if your legs are missing.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Im getting tired of posting on these threads!!

This is harsh and unbearable to think of!!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You're assuming he was actually guilty. Apparently, the cops were guilty of the same thing, making assumption of guilt without knowing all the facts.

ASSUMING he was guilty, they still had no right to taser him just because they (or YOU) think you know the proper punishment to fit the SUPPOSED crime before he was even charged with anything.

Edit to add: the article says they even wound up arresting the "victim" on an old warrant on domestic abuse violation. Guess they should have tased her too while they were at it.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Based on the fact that the police were called out because this apparently defenceless man was beating the crap out of his partner, he doesn't strike me as quite so shy and timid.

Men who beat women deserve a good tasering, I could care less if your legs are missing.

The wife was arrested also! For an outstanding warrant for.....Domestic Violence!!

Maybe the man was defending himself? Maybe the whole family is nutterz? Maybe, a well-trained, well-armed, police officer, familiar with domestic abuse, and trained in de-escalating situations could have found a better way to get to the bottom of things?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

or the MAN called the cops and was being beaten by the women and with no legs could run away or defend himself - since she has a history of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
disgusting , this is , like i always said once a fascist always a fascist monster .
USA is nothing but the devil incarnate itself . how can someone taser a legless man so brutally

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We need to all rack our brains and come up with a solution that negates Tazer fire.
There has to be a solution.

It could be enormous. An ATS patent. Like a vest or something?
Looks like there is a huge market for it, namely citizens that are not doing anything wrong an get tazered for it.

Come on ATS, get those brains working.

Sooner or later all the episodes of Cops et al will be just video's of civilians getting tazered, mark my words.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

yeah...must be hard to run away from a legless man in a wheelchair...what did the "victim" do? move closer in distance to the wheelchair to recieve the beating? i think the "victim" needs mental help and a new address. and the wheelchair guy needs to be in a institution.

if the guy in the wheelchair also had no arms, and the cop somehow got bit by him, would the cop still tazer him?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They use tazers because it is easier and quicker than trying to negotiate or talk down an upset suspect. They probably don't have the people skills in the first place to use those tactics.

Yes, one the baddest guys in my high school, always getting into trouble, became a police officer. That was way back. Its still the case.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Yes, one the baddest guys in my high school, always getting into trouble, became a police officer. That was way back. Its still the case.

Our highschool mascot became a cop in a neighboring town of about 200 people! He was a joke as a wannabe chearleader, and an even bigger joke as a cop!! He wrote me a ticket once, and it was very very difficult to take him seriously!!

On another note, one of my brother's friends was almost done with the police academy when I accidentally scared him out of it! He was always kind of a dork, and indecisive, and good hearted, but not all that bright. He was demonstrating all his "moves" from the academy, and I was criticizing his over-confidence of their effectiveness. Anyway, the "demonstration" turned into more of a fight and wrestling match, and I repeatedly got him into submission holds, or disarmed him, or just plain slapped the h*ll out of him. I only wanted him to take things more seriously, but I found out a week or two later that he quit the academy and was working as a telemarketer!! He is probably a lot better off though!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
gizmodo.com...

Internal Affairs are investigating witness reports that Merced police twice Tasered a 40 year-old double-amputee because he had a "big mouth". Initial charges against him were dropped, so how much resistance could he have put up?

[edit on 22/9/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Did you bother to read the ENTIRE article? Here are the excerpts from your link to the source!

Between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m., Williams said he and his wife, 28-year-old Demetrice Shaunte Phifer, were involved in a verbal argument when a marked Merced Police Department patrol car arrived at the couple's apartment, at 2355 K Street.

While one officer spoke with his wife, Williams said another officer arrived at the scene and ordered him to "go back to your house!" Williams, who held his 2-year-old daughter in his lap, said he rolled his wheelchair back to his apartment.

According to the report filed by Pinnegar, he arrived at the K Street apartment at 3:27 p.m. to investigate a call about a fight in progress.

Phifer told the officer that she'd been in an argument with Williams, who punched her about three times in the stomach with a closed fist. Phifer told Pinnegar she had no physical injuries.

Pinnegar walked over to talk with Williams, who acknowledged the couple had been in an argument about their 2-year-old. When asked if he'd struck Phifer, Williams denied it, according to Pinnegar's report.

While Pinnegar was talking with Williams, a CPS worker arrived at the scene, telling the officer she'd received information from an "anonymous citizen" that there was domestic violence happening at Phifer's and Williams' apartment, and that there was drug use in front of "the children."

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

what are you babbling on about? i simply posted a link to a new article

gee get off that neo-con horse will ya

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

That is the same article, not new, and you originally had put "So who is making # up?" That was the question my response was answering. Your current reply is much less aggressive, nice edit! But, now after your edit, what is the point of your post? A link and an excerpt that already exist on the first page?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
They Tazed a guy in a wheelchair.

An Above the Knee Double Leg amputee in a wheelchair.

I hope the fellow does have a big mouth because that mouth is about the last good weapon he has left seeing as he is an amputee in a wheel chair...

So many other folks already said right...

He isn't gonna run.

For him to hit you he is gonna need your assistance by walking into the punch.

Should he fly into a rage of super strength walking behind the wheelchair should save you...

Granted the guy in the article did not look like Joe From Family Guy.

This is insane...

AND YES 6 days with no charges is a CONSTITUTIONAL OFFENSE! The DA in Merced needs to be removed. The police In Merced need to be shipped to Iraq. And the folks living in Merced need to RUUUUUUUN.

Stories like this is I choose to live in the country.

God Mohammad and the flying spaghetti monster are the only police I care to deal with.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Retseh

You're assuming he was actually guilty. Apparently, the cops were guilty of the same thing, making assumption of guilt without knowing all the facts.

A man with a history of violence who is in the process of attacking someone, has the police called out to him, and in the course of arresting him they have to resort to a Taser.

But somehow you want to say the cops were equally guilty?

The best thing for you would be for you to do their job for a while and see what level of force YOU would need to use in similar situations.

I'd imagine you would get a quick education on the human condition and wouldn't be quite so quick to jump on these threads and condemn the officers.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Having gone to college in Merced I can say that many of the police and the city including the DA are corrupt. I would like to see the officers involved drug tested for steroid use. There was an issue with police officers in Merced using steroids in the past and I would be interested to see if this led to increased aggression in the officers. I would not be surprised if this were the case.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Are you sheriff Arpaio? I see your from Arizona and you seem to be psychotically enthusiastic about police brutality I can't help but to think that you must be sheriff Arpaio.

This man had no legs.... If he leans forwards to throw that punch he will fall on the floor flat on his face.... If you really feel threatened by this fellow you can climb some stairs.

There was no call to Taze him..

And holding him for 6 days with out charging him of a crime is a constitutional violation.... Yet another reason why I think you're sheriff Arpaio....He doesn't believe in the constitution either.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by titorite]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join