It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can i get the good Stuff??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Since food has become really expensive and is not very cost effective with the economy, I was wondering what stores do you all go to get naturally grown produce. Im talking about getting the type of food that's good for you, but is still affordable. Also how about meat? I don't want any GMO in my foods and I want to live as long as humanly possible, is that so much to ask? Spread the word so that everyone can stop going to Walmart and other stores that just care about making profit then caring about the people. I look forward to your reply's.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Look for a local farmers market, or a co op food store, the co op may be kinda pricey tho. Otherwise buy some seeds this fall and over winter with some growing supplies and plant them in the spring.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Since food has become really expensive and is not very cost effective with the economy, I was wondering what stores do you all go to get naturally grown produce. Im talking about getting the type of food that's good for you, but is still affordable. Also how about meat? I don't want any GMO in my foods and I want to live as long as humanly possible, is that so much to ask? Spread the word so that everyone can stop going to Walmart and other stores that just care about making profit then caring about the people. I look forward to your reply's.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Stop-loss!]

I've found the produce thing really tough. I planted a lot of seeds this year, but made too many mistakes in growing them. If you liked jalapenos, well, I did alright, but I think I need more to live on than that.

I would look into deer and the like for meat, kind of gamey, I think, but makes good chili. Also, look around for small packing houses, we have one here that will sometimes have a good deal on a large quantity of beef.

I think storage is going to be a good deal in your decisions...you can't always go down and get fresh, so some form of preserving will need to be used. I wish we could count on freezers forever, but I think that's sort of dangerous.

Dried stuff could be a good benefit....start with your produce or meats bought locally, from small, trusted sources and preserve it through canning or drying....and use it to supplement the crops you plant.

Look into indoor gardening, hydroponics...all that....

oops...I think I started rambling. That was probably a lot more than you were wanted to listen to.....my apologies.

I am also looking forward to the replies as eating is very special to me and my family seems to like it as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Its ok. I need all the knowledge I can get with these hard times. Every little piece of info is valuable in every way and can make a difference between life and starvation. thanks!

top topics

join