It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(TTSSC) The Mysterious Stranger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Mysterious Stranger

The first time she noticed him she was waiting in line at the grocery store. He was just casually leaning against the wall as if waiting for someone. What struck her were his features, he was tall, lean, swarthy, with dark brown hair, but the clearest blue eyes you could ever imagine, like a serene lake that was clean and untouched. He was more than handsome, he was gorgeous. She wondered who was the lucky gal he was waiting for. From the looks of it he had money, too, as he was dressed in a black suit, white shirt, black necktie, and the shiniest black shoes that would make a drill sergeant envious. “I wonder what he does”, she thought to herself ; “probably a lawyer.” There were no shortages of lawyers here in the city. It was time to put her groceries on the belt and she did so, still keeping an eye on the stranger curious to see what the lucky girl looked like. “Hello, how are you today?” said the cashier, “I’m good, thanks for asking.” she replied to her. When she was done she noticed the stranger had gone. She had not noticed anyone walk by in his direction or see him go, but he was gone. “I guess I will never know.” She thought to herself. But, then she began seeing him everywhere. Once when she was getting on the bus he stood waiting for a bus at the very spot she had just left to board her bus.

Later, that week she saw him looking out a pizzeria window directly at her as she walked down the shopping district of the city just passing the time before meeting some of her friends for a night out on the town. Once she would see him as she was leaving on the bus again and this time he looked at her and smiled. She smiled back, not wanting to be inconsiderate. But, the appearance of this stranger so constantly was really beginning to creep her out. She decided that if she had the chance she would go up to him and talk to him. Try to find out what his deal was. Maybe he just was new in town and had the same schedule as her, she wasn’t dismissing that possibility.

Then it happened when she was in the shopping district again, looking for new shoes for the formal charity ball she was going to next month. He was standing on the corner by a used book shop and she started walking towards him to start that conversation she envisioned in her mind. But, when she got to the corner, he was nowhere to be seen. Not down any of the streets and not in the bookstore, she went into the store, it was small and there was really nowhere for him to hide, no men’s room and no back door to leave by. She checked the alleyway, nobody was there either. She continued to see him everywhere, but every time she decided she’d approach him, he was gone, like he had vanished. She’d never see him anywhere in sight when she got up to where he had been. This was really baffling to her and not a little unnerving. Why was he so elusive? What did he want from her? Was it just a coincidence? She didn’t know, and she hated not knowing things.

It was time for the charity ball that she had planned on attending months ago. She was dressed in her beautiful, flowing, black dress with the nice black heels she had brought for the occasion. She stepped out to the road and walked up to the corner to cross at the light to wait for the bus to bring her downtown. The light turned green, she could not have heard that there was a car careening down toward that very intersection running from the police at that very moment. It was too far away, by the time she heard it, it was too late, the car barreled into her at 100 plus miles per hour, killing her instantly. She stood and she saw the mysterious stranger standing with his hands out towards her. She looked down and saw herself lying and bloody in her once beautiful dress, still and lifeless. The stranger asked “Are you ready to go home now?” She looked down once again at the shell that had been her body for some 48 years, and she said “Yes I’m ready to go home now”
The End

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Let me be the first to star and flag that fine piece of work ldyserenity. You had me going with the good looking stranger that eluded her. I didn't expect that. Awesome post. The strange thing is, I've seen strangers like this. Not good looking or striking like your story, but recurring people that seem to be unapproachable for some reason or another. I hope I'm not on my way home!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
..and let me be the second.

I really liked it. Death with a GQ spin.
Nice.

I don't know why death is such a downer to me. It really doesn't sound so bad when YOU right it.

I really liked it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thank you very much Jackflap, So glad you liked it. I don't think you are going home anytime soon, lol. Actually I came up with this idea based on that movie about death with Brad Pitt, can't recall what the name of it was at this moment. My memory is not on par lately. Good luck with the contest.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Thanks KSPigpen, I really appreciate your input. I thought that death didn't have to be so scary. Angels are after all, supposed to be beautiful right?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

That really WAS pretty exceptional really...death is always the cloaked figure...the bony finger and the scythe...and the twist was very nice as well. I found myself wondering what the shoes and the dress had to do with anything, but it was just awesome leading. I thought the guy was going to be a murderer or something.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nice story, OP

Here's another by the same title, originally written by mark twain and adapted here in a rather unusual clip orignally made for TV but never aired:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I remember seeing this before. Only his stranger was the devil, wasn't it? It was very disturbing if I remember correctly. I couldn't get it to play for me. Too bad
my internet is very in/out right now. Thank you also for the kind words.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
A haunting and beautiful story. I hope that I get to meet someone as gorgeous as this, when it may be the time for me to pass on to the other side.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

Thank you so much. Thanks for the stars and flags I really appreciate it all. Much love,
Lady Serenity.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The strangers.

I've heard many people talk about them. Some think they are angels, others look at them as messengers or envoys.

Nicely turned tale and one which will stick in my memory. You've touched something important here... thank you

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you I am glad you enjoyed the story. I was hoping to make an impression!

top topics

join