It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General anxiety disorder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Just before the anxiety attacks started i was drinking a lot of glucose energy drinks and caffeine drinks to try to keep me awake in the daytime. They dont usually have that much effect on me but as i had been drinking a lot of them for a couple of weeks there might have been some kind of toxic buildup.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Glutamates and MSG in many processed foods can also be to blame.

I totally agree with you there. Ive managed to get rid of all MSG and aspartame over the last 12 months (except the stuff the food manufactures still manage to sneak in there).

I didnt know corn syrup is an excito-toxin though.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by aleon1018

Glutamates and MSG in many processed foods can also be to blame.

I totally agree with you there. Ive managed to get rid of all MSG and aspartame over the last 12 months (except the sneaky stuff the food manufactures still manage to sneak in there).

I didnt know corn syrup is an excito-toxin though.

It wasn't listed on the site I added. It may be related in some way as in a blood brain barrier breaching.

Look into blood brain barrier. This might be related to mania etc. Schizophrenics and aspergers etc. supposedly benefit by avoiding these substances.

Here's a list of excitotoxins and possible excitotoxins and corn starch and corn syrup are on it

msgfree.dumarsengraving.com...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think Coka Cola in the UK is made with real sugar not corn syrup. But saying that the energy drinks i was drinking before the anxiety attacks started were made with corn syrup. hmm... Its worth thinking about.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
After reading up, I can tell you that IMO this is far from simple and I question it's effectiveness.

If you want simple and effective go for EFT (BSFF and TAT are alternatives but for starters I recommend EFT).

That will get you off your meds, and free you from anxiety, simply and effectively.

Thanks for introducing me to this though, now I know to avoid it.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Different horses for different courses my friend.

It seems to me both methods work by using distraction techniques. The Lindon method is more science based where your EFT seems to be more on the spiritual side of things. Neither method is going to work without faith in the system.

I doubt very much that EFT would work for me but im sure it works for some people or it wouldn't exist. The important thing here is there is hope to beat this without drugs

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Different horses for different courses my friend.

It seems to me both methods work by using distraction techniques. The Lindon method is more science based where your EFT is more spiritual based. Neither method is going to work without faith in the system.

I doubt very much that EFT would work for me but im sure it works for some people or it wouldn't exist. The important thing here is there is hope to beat this without drugs

True, and good luck.

But FYI, EFT (and BSFF and TAT) work whether you believe in it or not.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Some cool info!!

Talking about sugars and additives. I heard on the news, or read here recently how sugar prices were rising and how there using much more additives in products to reduce the manufactures cost of making produced which contain real sugar.

My son is a aspie. While he was on his seizure medication I had to watch everything he drank. A additive, citric acid would mess with his platelet levels (doctor said) and just make him hard to deal with . Well look on something at the store that kids like to drink, everything has that stuff in it is seams!!

We eat out of the garden a lot during this time of the year. It really seams to help..... but that could be my mind set?? I really think if I lived in a city I would help people fill there apartments with food plants instead of decorative plants lol, easy to do!!

Now I can not give links at this time , but I read where people from other countries, or even food that America wants to give to third wold countries the people get sick on it. Our food has so much crap, additives and such in it that we are used to..... or are we??

Is our bodies rebelling from all this crap we eat?? Water a plant with water but add food coloring to the water..... same thing with food. After so long of eating these additives it just makes sense our bodies are going to scream, or we will have some form of health problems.

I am like everyone else, I like junk food too. However my health will not allow me to eat many things anymore. I just know food additives just has to do with high anxiety. Just can not prove it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mcgrower

You make some very good points there. Food manufactures are getting very good at sneaking in things like excito-toxins into their products we have are probably been stuffed full of these chemicals for years now. Because no one is owning up to using ingredients like this we don't know what could be reacting what.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Stop drinking it.... if you can't stop due to headache (vascular spasms) then cut down to as few as you can to limit the headaches and lower intake over the next couple of weeks to zero.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
i suffer of panic and anxiety attacks too. I take meds, because i have too much anxiety related issues. Nothing of that "alternative" methods have worked on me. I've tried everything (hypnosis, relaxation methods, Bach flowers, herbal therapies... and a long etc) and just klonopin seems to work on me. I just take half the dose i was prescript and my mind is still alive and kicking... and hyperactive as it used to be since forever (or maybe it's THIS hyperactive that i don't see major changes? hahaha j/k).

However, among the years i have discovered by my own what triggers the attacks on me and I just avoid them. Before the attack i have a certain feeling on my head, and i run away to a window or someplace i can get fresh air and/or a seat.
The main trigger of my attacks are crowds. Especially in the subway, but i have managed it well and now i can go on it whenever i want.... the worst years i was SO afraid to ride on subway and i used to spend more than 4 hours in a bus to reach the same destinations i was able to reach in 1 on that fancy trains.

In other hand, antidepressants DO made my life worst, and i quited them (don't tell my psychiatrist!!!). That things are the real devil and really puts your mind in a sleeping status (i was on zoloft before when they think i was endogenous, it was a thyroidal issue at least and now I'm taking hormonal therapy, I haven't been this good before).

I'm an anxious person and i need to manage it, I believe that psychologists are scammers so I'm not paying for therapy anymore (my cat listens to me better and she just asks for little petting and food), and pills surely do the job on me. Anyway, what works for me, maybe don't work for anyone else

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join