It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General anxiety disorder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hi , im a sufferer of cluster headaches and ive just just come to the end of this years bout of attacks (6 weeks of hell) but to my horror as the pain started to get less each day the headaches were replaced by panic / anxiety attacks. This took me by surprise so i ended up seeking help from my GP. She diagnosed General anxiety disorder and put me onto Citalopram. The side effects of this chemical were beyond unbearable and to be honest i was getting pretty suicidal. Especially when i found out i would have to go though the exact same side effects when i stopped taking the medication.

So just 6 days into this course of meds i started researching this drug and the disorder and stumbled upon something called the Lindon Method on YouTube of all places which advocates a drug free method of treatment. I'd like to share this with anyone having the same problems.

Today i havent taken the evil meds and ive been able to control the anxiety feelings so far.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Good for you! I think you will find this very helpful as well. www.heretohelp.bc.ca...

Down load the tool kit and sharpen your pencil. I have been med free for 2 years after years on the medication roller coaster.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I hate when doctors do that. Most of the time they dont even get down to the root problem. They just say here take theese drugs. Its really pathetic if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hello,
You do understand you need to wean yourself off these mind altering drugs right??
Be careful out there taking this poison they feed to us saying it is good for us! I am against anything one says to take everyday, even two times a day.

I have migraines, started after a head injury. I find when the pain is suicidal pain (you no what I mean it sounds like), getting the iv or the shot in the stomach or both helps. I have a neurologist who helps me. Maybe a neurologist is what you need? Specializing in such things.

Eating right, taking out of your diet your "triggers" helps. Finding these triggers can be a process though , sometimes never ending. The triggers change!!

You are really not alone. We can just live one day, one hour, one minute at a time right?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sorry but do you mean "General Anxiety Disorder"?

Because I never heard of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I was diagnosed the above..

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mcgrower

Thanks for your support.

I was only on them for 6 days at half the dose the doctor had prescribed me, they hadnt even started to kick in. Im pretty sure the risk of rebound side effects are very low at this point.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

The medical community makes it up as they go lol!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

right on!!
smart very very smart :0)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for all the support

Day 2 without the evil Meds.

Couldnt sleep last , it was 6am before i finally managed to crash out. Even then i was up every 2 hrs until i got out of bed at 5pm. Ive had a few anxiety feelings today but no anxiety attacks. But not sleeping well has left me tired

Im still optimistic about being able to beat this without drugs.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Good job to you my friend. And good that you caught it when you did. Who knows, they might have tried to put you on anxiety drugs to go along with it all. And then the side effects of THOSE would constitute another drug and so on and so fourth...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What exactly does this method entail?

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

AWW tired sucks!!
I am wondering, if on alternative medication it is supposed to wear off every two hours.
Is there a correlation in you waking every two hours and these chemicals you were on?? Like altering, or trying to simulate natural medications....
Or did I even make sense there??

You may want to find the natural ways of dealing with your problems. In my state this is HUGE. People right and left are finding natural ways of dealing with medical issues.

Heck I am disabled and find natural ways of dealing is much better then popping pills all the time. Some pills got thrown away (properly I hope?), for natural ways....

Keep it up, it must be way hard - but you can do it!!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is amazing info! DEF flag this thread!
so, how does one re program the Epidermus? was it? the organ in the brain? The guy said it needs to be re trained* i belive i have panic attacks and anxiety, mostly i attrubute to my job, being in retail management. lots of yelling thrreatening to be fired, no teamwork, harrasemnt..yers of it have caught up to me....i find it VERy difficult, to go to public places, and stand in line, knowing others are watching me, being around people, withuot sweating and trying not too make eye contact. A fewt imes at work, in office this past year, ive had bad panic attacks..shaking hands, heart pounding aginst my chest, feeeling blood rush too fast up to my brain, dizziness and loss of breath. so naturally i took interest in this post!
The only way ive found over hte past few years to deal with it, is too simlpy not think about it, keep majorly focused on work, nad convicne myself, no one is going to hurt me realistiicly, ts all inyour head*. it usualy works, but the boss's anger at work, seems to re trigger it all.
so, how does one re program and maintain this?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Twisted-Inside-Out

Its explains about how panic attacks work and explains some very good ways of aborting them when they start. Its got some very nice self hypnosis tracks and a 9 point plan for dealing with anxiety.

You retrain your brain though diversion and repetition.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
and too top it all off..i smoke alot and drink too much coffee
makes me even more jittery time to time.. ive never been diagnosed or taken meds for it..and rfuse too take meds, did my own research on them..meds dont seem to hold any real proof or water, so to speak.
so is this something yuo have o purchase from this guy? the 9 step program? how abotu if anyoen has some free info

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

check u2u

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Headaches could be a sign of toxins etc. Heartburn etc. can all be related.

I've had migraines to some degree, but mostly what I had was more like what they refer to as a stress headache in the neck, which was also said to be related to long hours in front of a computer.

I had noticed food sensitivities for most of my life and one in particular was salicylates, which are in many foods and spices. If you're allergic to asprin, than it might give you a clue. Yogurt and oatmeal should be a benefit along with drinking more water and staying away from other drinks like soda, coffee etc.

One major thing I had noticed was that when I had a coffee cup with about a teaspoon of baking soda and warm water, the headache was relieved in 20 minutes.

Toxins might be released from your gutt sometimes also. I was on a steady diet of oatmeal instead of bread and wheat flour for awhile and it seemed to help a great deal.

There's also celiac disease. An elimination diet and changing the diet to more vegetables and salads that might take awhile to get used to.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

There's also celiac disease. An elimination diet and changing the diet to more vegetables and salads that might take awhile to get used to.

I have read about celiac disease being a cause of this kinda stuff and in the last few weeks i had food allergy testing done. The crazy thing was almost everything i was sensitive to was on my weekly shopping list
ive changed my diet since.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Quick Question for you...

Do you drink Cola? And I mean about 2 liters or more a day on average?

Heavy cola consumption will screw you up.. .trust me.

Hyperaldosteronism (thus causing jolts of adrenaline), Vascular Spasm Headaches, Low Blood Potassium (muscle weakness, cramps, fatigue, irregular heatbeat).

Of course they try to diagnose you with an "Anxiety" disorder and in a way it isn't far off because the adrenals are flooding you with hormones due to over-stimulation.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yeah well, I had tests done several years ago and they claimed it was stress related alergies. I guess something like the immune system going crazy like lupus.

Glutamates and MSG in many processed foods can also be to blame.

Another word used is excitotoxins and along with sugars and especially corn syrup. The list goes on. I think it also has to do with the blood brain barrier getting breached.

curezone.com...

Corn products and Corn syrup has salicylates.

Celiac disease: Leaky gutt etc. Lean meats like chicken and fish, less beef or red meat, the better.( supposedly) I tried a vegan like diet and got really weak and sick. I guess it's a slow process.

I think I was anemic.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by aleon1018]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join