It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Strength' in 'Numbers'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I know this sounds silly. If you must maintain seriousness at all times, you might just hit the 'back button on your browser. It's not a joke though.

Flashback to middle school. (wavy Wayn'es World lines)

You get really ticked off at 'Joe' for smacking YOUR girlfriend on the rump, so you tell him you're going to whoop him up good. You set the customary 3:30 time and the usual 'field behind the school' location. You have some butterflies, but you've whooped Joe before, so no sweat.

At 2:30, you hear that Joe has found six friends that are going to show up with him and that they plan to put a whoopin' on YOU, instead. You only have one friend (me) and I'm a pacifist (wimp.) You have no chance of winning.

Swayed by the large numbers, you decide to seek more diplomatic solutions. (Joe can smack your girlfriend's rump once or twice a week.) The impression of, or appearance of a greater force has led you to make concessions to avoid a more protracted battle and allow yourself time, if for no other reason, to reformulate strategy.

Now (wavy lines stop) we're in the present.

A great deal of Americans are on a list that labels them as 'potential terrorists.' You all know the ones - vets, protesters, people that have communicated distaste or disapproval for the current regime. A fairly common belief is that they want to give the people on this list a whoopin'. Trains, camps, nano-enhanced vaccinations, all sorts of bad tidings.

(Semi-worthless paralell)

We all know that there are some questions about ACORN and whether they were complicit in voter fraud this last election. It will be found that they WERE, I'm sure, now that their angel wings have been dipped in some paint thinner and we can see the demonic scales.

Voter fraud is often accomplished by registering people that just don't exist. Thousands of them. It seems that if you make up 'Joe Smith' and give him or her an address in your district, they can be registered to vote. I say, we take this and use it in our favor.

ACORN might work for really CHEAP these days, considering their circumstances, but maybe we could do it without them.

We find out HOW EXACTLY to get on these lists and we fill them up with Joe Smiths, Pedros Guerreros and any other names we can think of, blanketing the lists with names of people at every address in every town. We could supply anonymous 'tips' to the administration as 'concerned, loyal citizens.'

Maybe if we can come up with enough 'potential terrorists' the administration will back down and ease up on the rhetoric and whatever nefarious plans they have. No telling, they might even allow us to smack a bottom once or twice a week.

If they are only looking at 'rounding up' or poisoning, let's say...ten percent of us, that's not such a big deal for them. Now, if we triple, or quadruple that 'list' that they go by, it might just work. If there were 90 million names and addresses on that 'list' that might make them think twice about their plans and become more reasonable.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. The Government should be afraid of their people." - from the movie "V for Vendetta".

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson, third President of the United States.

The underlying premise of this thread is a forced reevaluation of strategies based on the introduction of new, but false information. Psyops for THEM, instead of us.

This was, as most of my sociopathic ramblings are, inspired by another thread here on ATS. (my sociopathic tendencies are not inspired by the thread, or the author, they just helped it become the louder of the many voices in my head.(..and yeah, I know that's schizophrenia, but that's for another thread.))

Martial Law Survival (thanks for this thread, Arrowmancer )

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Nicely put. S&F

As far as your analogy goes, I was always the geek just staring at the girls butt.

But I agree. Although, regardless of the lack of substance on the MSM, the politicians do notice.

And I think they are begining to get afraid.

One can only hope.

As for voices in the head, the only one that bothers me is the one that stutters.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sounds sweet. But missing one large thing...

Ego.

World domination has to be one helluva power trip. Public figures, aka politicians, aka official PR persons, sure they're nervous. They're the ones that tooks the bucks to deal with the public, and absorb whatever threat the citizens project.

But the true heavy hitters, I'm sure they've taken every precaution necessary to maintain their safety. Untouchable in every sense of the word. So, no, I don't think they're worried the least bit. They're too full of themselves yet.

Their public officials are still alive and well, doing their bidding.

They are sitting back, laughing and watching their creation - destruction and desperation.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Beautiful theory.

But to be accomplished it would require a population that has not been brainwashed for the past 60 years.

So unfortunately, all points are moot in this thread. For me, knowing the larger picture and seeing that 95% of the "BIG ISSUES" are simply a joke, and meant only to distract. I find it frustrating talking to average people, they are walking TV's.

That's why I have my new avatar. Talking to the average person, always yields the same talking points, and all those talking points are thanks to their TV. It's pathetic really, but its because of that , that they are brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Beautiful theory.

But to be accomplished it would require a population that has not been brainwashed for the past 60 years.

So unfortunately, all points are moot in this thread. For me, knowing the larger picture and seeing that 95% of the "BIG ISSUES" are simply a joke, and meant only to distract. I find it frustrating talking to average people, they are walking TV's.

That's why I have my new avatar. Talking to the average person, always yields the same talking points, and all those talking points are thanks to their TV. It's pathetic really, but its because of that , that they are brainwashed.

Perhaps I am hit with a slightly optimistic outlook today. It's early in the week and I haven't been completely demoralized yet. I know it looks bad and I know it might even look hopeless, but there is some change blowing in the wind.
It may be that peaceful, even deceptive efforts, aligned in peace will not have much a difference on what is commonly accepted as a grim outcome for the people of the US and indeed the whole world, but we can't give up just yet.
As soon as we give up, and hunker, alone, in our bunkers or basements with our food and water, we've given them the license to do what they will.
This example was silly, I admit it, but the longing behind it is not.

top topics

join