It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carbon levels dramatically changed 7,000 years ago. Sudden human knowledge?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by John Matrix
This is confirmed in the ancient texts that are referred to as the book of Genesis.

Would this be the same book of Genesis that makes a distinction between "Sons of God" and "Daughters of Men"? Almost implying that the "Sons of God" were, in fact, not human?

Yes, that be the same Bible. I am of the view that the Son's of God were in fact good and bad immortal spiritual beings we call Angels:
A sorce for my belief which is well researched is presented here: www.mt.net...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Fair enough
At least you actually see the clearly defined difference, I have met many Christians who don't.

My personal opinion is that the "angels" are actually aliens (if you hadn't figured that out about me by now lol) . I respect your opinion on them being actual biblical angels though.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I gotta imagine it's a combo of:

1. Glaciers Melting- End of Ice Age, eventually leading to melt of permafrost (methane) and more plant growth (Co2 and O2 Changes) begat
  2. Agriculture-The ability to farm begat
  3. Permanent Human Dwellings- Cities begat
  4. Mass farming and domesticated livestock begat
  5. Civilization's start with all the other good stuff.

Till the End of the Ice age, Humanity was just hanging on surviving, once the melt occurred (Flood mythos???) we finally had a chance to thrive in ideal climates for food production. I have to imagine that life in general grew by great proportions after the end of the Ice Age.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Fair enough
At least you actually see the clearly defined difference, I have met many Christians who don't.

My personal opinion is that the "angels" are actually aliens (if you hadn't figured that out about me by now lol) . I respect your opinion on them being actual biblical angels though.

I agree they were aliens by definition as well. I see nothing in believing this that takes anything away from scripture or my faith. They were definatley other worldy, transdimensional, spiritual beings (not simply flesh and blood physical beings like us). Somehow they were intrigued by our women, and able to have sex with them. They produced superhuman, super strong, giants, that were very brutal, lawless, and evil.

According to the chronology and geneologies in the bible, this would have happened sometime prior to the Flood, and within a few thousand years of the the event in the article posted by the OP.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

the methane bubble theory is plausible. this goes down as one of those things that some what supports that ancient civilisation was as advanced as we are.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Perhaps the aliens living here at the time were attempting to pass on their knowledge to humans and when the knowledge of agriculture started to spread we instantly see a rise in CO2 levels.

But doesn't more agriculture=more plants=more CO2 converted to oxygen? Plants convert CO2 into oxygen through photosynthesis.

Unless maybe they used slash and burn farming techniques, but wouldn't there be some evidence of this in the fossil record?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Hehe true true, I really didn't think that one through properly did I

I'll get back to you with a better hypothesis, it's way past my bedtime for now

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The only thing In my Mind that could give an "overnight" change to levels of gas present in the atmosphere would be an impact event. It could have been a water strike, and the resulting tsunami or tidal wave could have deposited a plethora of sea biomass to help the soil become far more nutrient rich

. If it was a land strike then large dust clouds might have affected where farmers where able to grow, forcing some to adapt to the conditions and realative ease of semi self sustaining rice paddys.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

maybe a Supervolcanic eruption like Yellowstone?

Would the resulting ash blanket be carbon-rich?

There would certainly be a firestorm with a lot of organic matter consumed.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Fair enough

That is a similar approach to that which I take. Many creationism stories have similar roots to them, perhaps it is just an example of the previously mentioned "X passed to Y, Y is conquered by Z etc..." as is often debated with ancient Egyptian texts vs. the Jewish history but I view it in a way where some of the polytheistic religions misrepresented "Angels" or "Aliens" whatever you wish to call them as deities as well. I view what we consider "Angels" in the Judeo-Christian sense as being more advanced intellectual beings who have the same "God" or life force as us and early civilization man was awestruck by their presence.

The Bible is littered with references to extra-terrestrial life and a conversation on such would be better suited for another thread (and has many threads already on ATS devoted to such discussion).

As far as the OP's article and story and relating my above to it, could it be when our God/creator/life force (take your pick on the term, whichever works best for you, semantics aren't as important to me as the actual message) made us, these "Angels" or "Aliens" who serve his purpose and represent him (my apologies if using the masculine he offends anyone, just speaking broadly from a Western Patriarchal upbringing not trying to insinuate gender) gave us the knowledge to rule this planet which would account for the changes in carbon levels prior to Man's existence/Civilization?

Just my thoughts on the matter, I guess we won't know the 'real' answer until all is said and done, heh.

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

I'm sure they did use slash and burn techniques, plus they had to strip the land of the vegetation that's already on it, and crops tend to be smaller sources of carbon sinks than natural vegetation.

Basically, a turnip eats up a lot less CO2 than an oak tree...and the turnip isn't around all year long.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
to try to put the changes like that on man at the time, or even god herself is silly beyond belief. 'Man' at that time was so spread out and isolated, relatively speaking, that they couldn't accomplish what you're saying even with modern gas belchers like we have now. We'll forget the whole god precept as nonsense and superstition, since anytime in history people didn't understand something (fire, death, girl bits, the moon, etc) they attributed it to god.

Something like that requires something geologic or oceanic to achieve. Phage and one or two other ignored posters in this thread hit on some important things.. the ice age, glaciers and so on. global events not localized ones.

remember, population is everything. we simply didn't have it back then.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I still dont understand why we can so easily say we all came from single cell...that later made man.

Have we seen new species of people sproutign up?
Have we seen the source for are very first cell's creation? nope.

I still say its very very possible we aint from this planet lol

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I still dont understand why we can so easily say we all came from single cell...that later made man.

Have we seen new species of people sproutign up?
Have we seen the source for are very first cell's creation? nope.

I still say its very very possible we aint from this planet lol

I'm not from this planet.

Your comments better suit this thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your welcome to join in!

I agree with the comment that mankind would not have been capable of producing the carbon signature noted in the article for this opening post. Huge herds of dinosaurs could cause a lot of methane.

Volcanic activity or an asteroid impact could have caused the carbon.
In fact, the asteroid could have caused violcanic activity, thus increasing the carbon.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Chances are that agriculture followed weapons. Individuals or small groups can be hunters and gatherers and stay alive at it, but larger groups of people first guarding their herds, then their plots of land needed to defend their territory with their weapons and then you've got some warrior hunters job description and others stay at home prepare the food, till the soil job. Come on, you've never done this in high school.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Agreed! I think it is a multitude of factors that raised the carbon levels, and then it gradually balanced out thanks to good 'ol mother nature (photosynthesis).

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
maybe a small comet of some sort..

this could also describe the snake looking creature as told by the egyptians? the smoke lingering as the comet was entering into the atmosphere could show signs of a tail?..

could have produced a earthquake and disturbed volcanos?.. is there any evidence of a comet hitting the earth at around that time?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by emayarsh]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It was that whole list of stuff after the melt of the glaciers, and
the advent of wet paddy rice farming that very quickly spread throughtout tropical and subtropical asia.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its funny but after reading that article and having recently read and old 1957 copy of 'Worlds in Collision' by Immanuel Velikovsky

The time frame seems about right for what Velikovsky described in that book with Venus and Mars having repeated close contact with Earth and causing all sorts of geological upheavals over the course of a century or so until Venus finally found a stable orbit, granted his talk about mars and its possible civilizations latter in the book and the fact they hadnt settled on a theory of plate tectonics is a little odd in todays light, but hey he wrote it a decade or two before they sent the first probes to mars so no one really knew what to expect from that planet till they got there

Seen a couple of things recently like this article that could sort of back up his claims or at least point to something interesting happening around the time he and a few others state. Id say the Ruddman guys in the right building just not the right floor
something did happen and it was big what ever it was.

Interesting all the same. Small pieces in a large puzzle.

Originally posted by emayarsh
maybe a small comet of some sort..

this could also describe the snake looking creature as told by the egyptians? the smoke lingering as the comet was entering into the atmosphere could show signs of a tail?..

could have produced a earthquake and disturbed volcanos?.. is there any evidence of a comet hitting the earth at around that time?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by emayarsh]

Worlds in Collison goes into this in good detail, especially now that we know Venus has got a tail (trail) of sorts... or whats left of one. Sorta helps validate the old guys theory since people really stomped on him for it.

Edit:- oh and any one that reads 'Worlds in Collision' dont be put off by the part that mentions earths vermin came from Jupiter and Venus's atmosphere... I dont think Velikovsky thought about it enough or didnt realized during earthquakes and the like insects and other animals go into panic mode and flee on mass coming out of the wood work so to speak, it was a part in the book that made me go 'ugh, wtf? vermin from Venus?' until I thought about it a second and came to believe he just didnt look for a more plausible explanation.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As they say, you try to hard through Science to prove things use logic and common sense the answers are the simplest the ones you always overlook.

We are on the 5th cycle and we are doing the same thing the other four cycles did.

If """"""""TREES""""""""" are not planted in mass now Earth will do what she has done before, rid you of her.

37 years and counting as I was shown, tick tock people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join