It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu virus might be developing resistance to vaccine, WHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The swine flu virus hasn't mutated into a more deadly strain but there are early signs it is developing resistance to vaccine, the World Heath Organization's chief said.

Authorities are monitoring closely whether the virus was morphing into more virulent forms that would make it deadlier, the organization's Director-General Margaret Chan said.
www.buenosairesherald.com...

So if it is developing resistance to the vaccines, what good would it do you to get the vaccine? And is it really developing a resistance or is it simpler than that...is the vaccine itself basically ineffective because the developers haven't had enough time to test it?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How could the flu be developing a resistance to a vaccine that has not entered the general population yet?

Ok, hang on..lemme read the article. (should have done that first..lol)

Ok, read the article. My question stands. Were these incidents of resistance found in the studies or what? I hate how these articles tend to leave out the important details. We can assume, I guess that Chan was the one who stated that there were 25 cases of a vaccine resistant flu.

Here's another one... Vaccines don't do squat for you if you already have the illness. Could it be that the people who got sick anyway were already ill?

[edit on 9-21-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I really dont think the vaccine is a good idea. I would also like to see them stop playing with flippin viruses!!!! GEEZ have they not learned ANYTHING?

My kids pediatritian said that he wishes he could just catch the swine flu (instead of the shot) because THEN no matter how much it mutates he would be immune. He said he would rather have it now then later, and one way or another you're going to get it.

Now I have to admit I thought about a swine flu party after that, but then my cousins little boy just came down with it. He went from ok to just down right hellish in one day. They really need to stop playing with these darn viruses, and making them mutate into something worse.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hehheh yes , the Flu Virus has chemical labs dotted around the world and is insideously redesigning itself to be resistant to our pitiful human attempts to destroy it. so its building up a resistance to our vaccines that it hasn't even come into contact with yet.

Oops, sorry I made a simple mistake , I got it the wrong way round, the Pharma labs are developing new viruses to be resistant to the vaccines to erdicate humans.
silly me.

Besides they can't eradicate the old flu viruses NOR the common cold as there's no profit from the cures , there's only profits from the remedies.
So it's nice to know that the Pharma companies are working round the clock to think of new fears to give to the human race.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is the most incredible crap that the WHO now is coming with, those people that already got the flu will be already immune to the existing Flu.

The vaccine that is been developed is not going to help anybody because if the swine flu behave like the regular flu season, is going to be more than one strain of flu out there and the vaccine only targets one or two.

So what next vaccinations every week until the big pharma and the geniuses in the CDC find the right strain?.

This people are a joke, and they think we are dumb and stupid.

Either that of people are becoming immune to the vaccine and not just the virus.

And beside it has not even been enough testing for them to tell that is no working or it was never to mean to work to beging with.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I read somewhere that they were using live viruses. If that is true, that is why people are getting sick anyway, plus, like someone above mentioned, if the person already had the virus, no vaccine would help. That's how it works with all flu vaccines. Somethings not right about this press release....
I smell a rat, now I just have to figure out where it's hiding.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is where they get their immunity from. This is just some provocative garbage wording to say, this vaccine will probably get you more sick.

WHO: But don't blame us....we warned you.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
When the last swine flu brake out, people got over it with vaccine or not vaccine.

The vaccine that was pushed back in the 70s for the swine flu, didn't work all it did was to kill some people and making many sick.

And still people survived the swine flu.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Please someone tell me what are the signs that h1n1 is developing? These WHO guys are a crockery.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I think you found the rat I was looking for. I hadn't figured out why they would say this, but now I think I know. Good call 12-21-12.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Your absolutely right. The vaccine for the last "swine flu scare" in the 70's paralyzed 1400 people. The CDC was quoted as saying that the vaccine was as safe as water. They withdrew the vaccine and not another word was heard from them. Sorry sons' a b***ches!!!!!!!!! Not again you a- h**es.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Well first, they never announced they had a cure. So why would we be interested in purchasing their bulk of flu shots? What are they doing, going out of business? Are they having a sale? Should we invest in their stockpiles so they can finance more affective ways to kill us?

Second, anybody that is in the military can get a smallpox vaccine as one of three shots and the Federal Government and the WHO own ALL of the stockpiles. Only if you get signed off by the Federal Government can you get a smallpox vaccine but only AFTER you come into contact with h1n1 flu or smallpox related sickness.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Well when it comes to the small pox, I have the vaccine as I was born before the 80s.

Sadly my children doesn't have it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Another good find. (Nice new avatar too - I need to work on a new one)

So, in my opinion, the vaccine is just a weakend form of the virus? Right?
So, how can it build a resistance to itself?

Thats the question. Test it first, ask questions later.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
So if it is developing resistance to the vaccines, what good would it do you to get the vaccine? And is it really developing a resistance or is it simpler than that...is the vaccine itself basically ineffective because the developers haven't had enough time to test it?

Damn it, those various points are exactly what I was going to say.

My poor mother has recently contracted swine flu, and could not breathe hardly at all. They told her it was a mild case of H1N1, even though she nearly died it seems like.

But she is still all gung ho about the vaccine, said the doctor told her all about it and she begged me to get the shot too.

I tried to tell her that the vaccine would not help, hasn't been tested, etcetera... but she said she'd rather die any way other than not being able to breathe again.

So what do we do? How do we reach people who don't look in to this stuff and who don't believe in "conspiracy nuts" like us? because I can't even convince my own mother not to get the shot.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Well, in her case, it is simple. Tell her since she was already infected with H1N1, she is now immune and no vaccine is needed. As for convincing herr that you do not need it, tell her that she survived and you know what to expect now, so you are better equipped to handle it if you get sick.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The first recorded mutation of the swine flu happened when 35000 people had caught the disease. The second when 70000 had caught the disease, full testing hasn't been done since then but if the same rate of mutation continues and the who's prediction of 25% of people catch this - it means our species will experiance 50000 mutations of the swine flu!
There have been other mutations reported because of tamiflu resistance, and I have seen a report of a new form of swine flu in the southern states which though in the US is not killing more people, it is sending them straight into intensive care as the virus goes directly to the lungs. This would be killing more people if it spreads to poorer nations.

top topics

join