It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point Blank: Is there a God, why and why not?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Very well put...

Yes.. what i said may be contradictory however none the less everyones opinion is their own...

It would not be determined because You as the individual did not see the outcome.

I feel that my life changes everytime i wake up in the morning.. because for all that i know it may be my last day. doesnt that now mean that my life is not pre determined?

people have this misconception that things are determined. For example, we can assume that tomorrow the sun will rise and it will set, because for millions of years it has been doing so, however what if one day that sun doesnt set?.. does that mean that what we thought was fact is not the case anymore?

I know this sounds off topic.. maybe it is...

but think of this if i flip that coin and i can predict which side it will land on for me i know the outcome...therefore it will be pre determined before i even flip that coin. But for the person watching me flip that coin, to him/her it is merely chance, therefore unpredictable.

I know this is difficult to understand....i am just as confused as you... but it doesnt mean we are further from the answer then we may tihnk?...with every answer more questions are arroused... we are opening ourselves to new ideas, an expansion of true knowledge.

As i have always said the biggest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance... but the illusion of knowledge...

and i feel with every new question we come closer to uncovering these answers.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Who knows?
But more importantly -
Who cares?
Be a loving person and call it a life.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Who knows?
But more importantly -
Who cares?
Be a loving person and call it a life.

You are right who knows... and it is your opinion whether you care or not.

However let me ask you this... How do you know what a loving person is.. or more specifically what is a loving person?

Who decides whether or not you will be loving..cant i choose to hate everything play devils advocate...

Is simply being loving a life... or are you subjecting yourself to a life not worth living... where is the self discovery?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigma14

You are right who knows... and it is your opinion whether you care or not.

However let me ask you this... How do you know what a loving person is.. or more specifically what is a loving person?

Who decides whether or not you will be loving..cant i choose to hate everything play devils advocate...

Is simply being loving a life... or are you subjecting yourself to a life not worth living... where is the self discovery?

We all know what a loving person is.
You know what traits a loving person has.
You can name 3 loving people right now - probably.
You know the difference.

Chances are those folks who aren't very loving...
have something bigger going on.
Perhaps a bad childhood and an/or unexamined life.
Perhaps it's a biological issue.
But you know the difference.

Of course you can choose to hate everything -
Wouldn't make for a very happy life though - I suspect.

Self discovery is what often leads to a loving life. It's what life is.
The Discovery of you and then having an understanding of others.
It's basic - but it has nothing to do with God.

It doesn't mean we won't make mistakes - and hurt people - etc -
while we learn.
This is what we do sometimes.
Some people commit murder -
Not very loving - but it's what they do.

The Godliest of people have committed some of the most horrendous crime.
So you see - it hasn't anything to do with God.

The 10 commandments are mostly good.
I like some of those as a rather basic rule book to be mindful of yourself and others.
These might help to lead someone in the right way.
Just some laws of the land - like a checklist.

But again - nothing to do with God.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Tell me nomorecruelty, if you are born in a location isolated from christianity do you connect with god?

Or is it that they do not deserve to connect with god because they've never heard of jesus of nazerath nor accepted him.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ineverknew

Point Blank:
Is there a God? No.
Why? because I say so.
Why not? because no god has said or done a damn thing to make me believe.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by enigma14

but think of this if i flip that coin and i can predict which side it will land on for me i know the outcome...therefore it will be pre determined before i even flip that coin. But for the person watching me flip that coin, to him/her it is merely chance, therefore unpredictable.

But that would call for an observer who *can't* see into the future, period. In order for the predictive qualities of the observer to come into being, that observer would have to see the outcome in the future.

God knows the outcome..because God can see into the future

So, wouldn't this in fact make the world a determined place with no real free will/choice to change an event or outcome as it has already been seen by an observer outside of ourselves?

Either observing a future outcome causes a predetermined state of existence, or there is no observing a future outcome at all. At least that's the way I see it, we can't have both.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My view of God is very different from most people. To me, God is not a being. God is a force. I would call God an it. It has no gender. It is not a he or she, god or godess. It just is. Id say more, but im at school.lol

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There is a consciousness inherent within the universe(s) that is the ground of all existence and if you want to call that God that is fine by me...but it is not the judgemental deity that the Bible or most holy books portray...that is man's creation. It is so far beyond our comprehension it cannot even be called a being.

Of them all Dao is the closest to it as far as I can see.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I love you.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ineverknew
Like everyone else out there, I'm looking for answers to my cosmic questions, and God is one of them. A lot of posts here at this great website seem to ask such things as "How literally do you take the Bible," etc. What I want to know is, do you believe there is a God, if you do, why, and if you don't, why not?

Now my definition of God is an entity that is omnipotent and omnipresent. Now, I don't mind if you think God is dead, but back it up. Feel free to explore the question of "what is God," but try to tell me...is there a God?

the answer is the msot simple one in the Universe.

NO! There is no god.

Multiple reasons,which are very obvious to someone who isn't a sheeple.

1. If there was a separate being from us, who created everything then where the f**k did he himself come from by that logic.(the logic where everything has a beginning)

2. If there was an all-poweful omnipotent SEPARATE BEING from us, who naturally decides your fate after your temporary piece of meat transport dies(the body), then there is no FREE WILL. Some entity separate from everyone(in them sot direct way) chooses FOR YOU whether you go to the fictional hell or heaven.

3. it is both deeply IRRESPONSIBLE, DANGEROUS and DAMAGING to brainwash your own or other children in order to indoctrinate them so they have no choise of their own to believe the fairy tale or not when they grow up.Because as a child a human is very receptive to ANY KIND of information.And if you brainwash him as a child by telling him there is a God,then you have just ruined that person life by making him a slave of the system.
In the future,even IF he will have proof presented to him that there can't be a a separate being governing the Universes(btw, quantum physics and mechanics is almost at the point where it WILL prove it scientifically with proof facts galore that the existence of suhc entity is simply impossible) then even that proof won't change that persons mind,because he has no free will to decide for himself whether there is a suppsoed god or not. The proof won't matter to him/her,he wil lalready be brainwashed for life.

4. If there was this immortal all-wise omnipotent being/entity who is separate from us(humans,other galaxy races,animals, nature, ants etc ) then a very logical question is : What makes him/it/her so special that out of ALL the living existing intelligence in the world, HE is GOD.
Did he get the best results for the "God test", who is to say that I or my neighbour or any of YOU out there for that matter wouldn't make a better,more qualified and fair God ?

5. If there is this separate entity from us who decides our fate or even decides upon any little detail of our lives then one would this being/entity would show itself to all or AT LEAST make all of his creation AWARE OF HIM from birth. Why does God need these cult-gathering places with their books(each culture having their own book which contradicts the other cultures book, which makes it simply ''Laughing my ass off funny'' to the people wise enough to see through this farce) and little ceremonies,praying etc. This supposed God is resorting to such desperate measures to actually "prove' its existence.

I could go on with the reasons why there is no God, but these will do.

Now, why don't those, who want to know the deeper and more complex nature of reality and existence here on earth and beyond, go do osme research on quantum mechanics, Regression hypnosis Psychology and psychoanalysis(which has all been registered and tested many many times in official medical laborotories in research centres around the world etc)
Also, one needs to learn meditation and possibly learn to open your chakras and most improtantly tap into the knowledge that is held withing the PINEAL GLAND, or rather not held in it, but knoweldge that is reached THROUGH it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

That is because people believe that the One Infinite Creator is a seperate being when everything IS the One Infinite Creator, there is no seperate-ness....

All is Infinity there is not many, for many-ness is a finite concept.

Point blank is there a "Creator", why yes everything including you are the all needed proof of this.

Imagine if you will an infinite omnipotent being living as sea of perfection decides to play make believe and begins by breaking itself up in a perfect fashion so as to break up the monotony of infinite perfection. The perfection of the breakup is perfectly realized from the omnipotent beings perspective, but from the perspective of a fragment, not pefectly realized. As these fragments 'coalesce' and become 'more one', they realize more of this truth, but in so doing, also begin to realize that the fragmentation was done on purpose ... quite the conundrum ... as how is this realization to be handled? Should all the other smaller fragments be informed of this realization? Maybe the omnipotent being wanted this experience, as it was done purposefully, and the experience of each fragment as experienced by the whole, and other larger coalesced fragments, was unique and novel and desirable for its novelty. To alter this would be to go against the greater will of the original omnipotent beings perspective.

A single fragment with this knowledge (or what it can hold from it's perspective, ever-incomplete until unity), might choose to use its knowledge (that it cannot be separated, and may as well 'enjoy the ride' as 'master') for its own 'benefit' ... which is also a unique experience ... treasured equally (unconditionally) by the omnipotent being (upon unity ... which is always as time is an illusion) ...

Other fragments with this knowledge (or what it can hold from it's perspective, ever-incomplete until unity), might choose to rejoice in the knowledge of future unity, and work together within the illusion until unity ... also a unique experience ...

The primal force being free will (for all fragments from smallest to largest until unity is realized by all) ... the true knowledge being that we cannot be separated ...

Then why would The One want to play "Make believe?"

My comment has often tended to be that the Creator is attempting to gain in knowledge and appreciation of Itself. The Creator wishes to know Itself. Thusly, it sends forth parts of Itself within illusion to see what will happen
and to learn from the colors created in the palette of emotions that you
have created through many experiences and incarnations. This palette
contains your beauty and is unique to you, so that you can teach the
Creator that which no one else in all of Creation is able to teach. For
you are the only one of you in all of the infinite universe. Thusly, it is
your gift to the Creator that comes from you, that is greatly desired.
You cannot please the Creator by being someone else but only by being
most truly and deeply yourself.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

Yes... and because against all odds, you are here and so am I.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Way to give mom and dad props! Out of all odds, I'd say your lucky one little sperm out of millions swimming towards the same goal merged with your mom's egg so you could brush it all aside and say God did it! *wipes tear away* Your parents would be so honored.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by redoubt

Way to give mom and dad props! Out of all odds, I'd say your lucky one little sperm out of millions swimming towards the same goal merged with your mom's egg so you could brush it all aside and say God did it! *wipes tear away* Your parents would be so honored.

Who says the biological entity that which you percieve yourself as is where your 'Being-ness' begin?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
NO! Not in the sense that most people (religions) expect (GOD) to exist. There may be more powerful beings than me in this Universe but that doesn't make them (GOD). The Universe is from where I was born, to me the Universe is my god and creator until some other entity can prove they created me, then I may or may not call them (GOD). I am sure the Universe is my god at this point in my existence, because I'm typing in this Universe with no other proof than "that" to prove my existence. After this existence all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritwomyn
No. There is no God sitting on a throne, like so many believe. God is Spirit and the thread of life that permeates all things in creation. Better question, what kind of a God do you believe in?

Jesus did not come to create a church or promote a priest class, he came to demonstrate who and what we really are and to undestand the power within us.

I am not waiting for Jesus to come back as much as he is waiting for me to catch up .

He said "all these things I do ye shall do also and greater things," He also told us to follow him and we know that when we follow someone we end up where they are.

When i died, I stood before a "being" an energy a Spiritual source of power and I felt my individuality while feeling connected and at one.
This very life we have flowing through us is God.

Geometry of Divinity is what the acronym GOD stands for.

There is definetly a power that permeates us and is the Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent substance, life and intelligence that we live within.

This was one of the most beautiful things I've read in a long time. Star for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Originally posted by spiritwomyn
No. There is no God sitting on a throne, like so many believe. God is Spirit and the thread of life that permeates all things in creation. Better question, what kind of a God do you believe in?

Jesus did not come to create a church or promote a priest class, he came to demonstrate who and what we really are and to undestand the power within us.

I am not waiting for Jesus to come back as much as he is waiting for me to catch up .

He said "all these things I do ye shall do also and greater things," He also told us to follow him and we know that when we follow someone we end up where they are.

When i died, I stood before a "being" an energy a Spiritual source of power and I felt my individuality while feeling connected and at one.
This very life we have flowing through us is God.

Geometry of Divinity is what the acronym GOD stands for.

There is definetly a power that permeates us and is the Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent substance, life and intelligence that we live within.

This was one of the most beautiful things I've read in a long time. Star for you.

I did not get a chance to read that post but that is the most authentic post I've seen on this thread.

People need to understand that the Infinite One is not a seperate being.

In infinity there is not many, for many-ness is a finite concept.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

I'm going to pick common sense and reality for $500 Alex.

Where does it say that we have a beginning before birth and a continuation after death? Certainly not from all the conflicting contradictory man made mythologies I would hope!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ignorant people speak to God, insane people hear him speak back.

I am firmly of the opinion that God is not real. It is an absurd notion of creation to think that a bearded man in the clouds created us, the same man who needs 10% of your wages (ok cheap shot at organised religion there).

End of the day, if God was real, do you not think that he would make himself known? Or are we just supposed to keep guessing and "find him".

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join