It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissMegs

How about giving them the cognitive ability to recognize institutionalized religion as a crock of poo.

Some kind of 'christian removal'

Please dont burn me for saying this. All religions have their own view...Just like all non-religious have theirs.

I have nothing against and form of religion. Each is free to choose what they believe in and I feel there is no need for religion to be taught that it is the only way.

you arent really playing the way the game is supposed to be played.

And yes you can say this post works on numerous levels.

Religion hasnt plotted against, our country has.

And to make this post valid,

I would bring back a space telescope... So they could start watching and thinking earlier about whats out there in our galaxy.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Republican08, your posts continue to surprise me. GREAT thread. Gotta take some time to think of a reply to this one. As of now I'm leaning towards "nothing"...but that change. S&F

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Definitely a basic science textbook with lots of relevant easy example experiments, and a chapter on what science is, and the scientific method, in Chinese, to china. The language dates back to at least 3500 years ago, and china was historically a very stable, powerful, and progressive country in ancient times.

Assuming it gets into the hands of a sufficiently interested and prominent philosopher, things could get interesting.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Raven Riley Fleshlight.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Why are you here softmore?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Stopping back in to say hello on old threads I have posted on.

I still like my STD gift.

The gift that keeps giving.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
As regards leaving a book, one would have to teach 'them' how to read, and what all the words, artwork, and pictures meant.
I would leave them a spade, for turning soil for crops, hacking down trees,
digging wells, etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think that I would send back hydrogen peroxide. That was honestly the first thing that I thought of! People back then may not understand it at first but I would think that eventually they'd learn that it is good for them because it would prevent infection. That would be very beneficial to people then I would think.

After that, I think I'd send back a toothbrush and toothpaste.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
All any of you would end up giving them is H1N1. Youd wipe us all out.

All that aside, Id give them A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and a Babelfish (so theyd understand each other for world peace)

[edit on 23-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
A book about universal love without the word "god" in it whould be a good start.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackhatchet
bubble gum.

Just kidding - a 9 volt battery

What the hell would they do with a battery? It would only do something if they licked it and that isn't all that useful.

I'd give them a photo album containing pictures of all the great (and not so great) achievements up until the 21st Century.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'd give them a box of cigarette lighters.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would probably leave a Tamagotchi......it would blow their minds

I genuinely believe that if I actually did go back in time and give someone a Tamagotchi I would now be typing this with my mind and we would be driving hover cars and flying round in jet-packs.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'd give 'em a big ass barrel full of liquid '___'. On the lid there'd be simple drawn instructions. Something like: 1. Stick finger in. 2. Lick finger clean.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

Well, 3,000 years ago, there would be little chance that whatever I offered would be appreciated or even useful for more than a handful of years to a single person.

For instance, if I left an ink pen or a pencil... it would be mostly useless without proper paper and then, run out of ink long before it was reproduced.

Maybe a bottle of Vitamin C pills? That would assist in health but... again, once gone, the intent and effort would soon be forgotten.

How about a pick up truck? This would be cool because I am sure neolithic man could be taught to drive... as long as there was gas in the tank and the tires remained inflated.

As far as utility, one might donate a butane lighter.

I really don't see how much of anything we take for granted today would have any long term significance.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

If I could give any gift it would be not to give an item or an idea. I would give the drive! The earnestness in which we try to use our knowledge as a species to advance mankind. Your imagination can do the rest. I believe that to break these chains of limitation which have been imposed the concept of money on our potential have kept us from being who we, as humans, truly are.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Barry Soetoro's Kenyan birth certificate.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Sorry if it's already been said:

Grays sports almanac:

On a serious note. I don't think there is anything I could give them that would really be of value. If you give them medicine, it's just a limited supply etc.

I know it might sound funny - but I would give them indoor plumbing and sewage lines. It helps with disease, would be a huge luxury for the time, and so forth.

[edit on 12/23/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'd give the book "The Life Divine" from Sri Aurobindo (PDF) if we could translate it in his language.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by D1ss1dent]

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join