It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I would give them truth and prophecy, archery, medicine and healing; music, poetry, and the arts and of course a musical instrument as a symbol and both a method of expanding their consciousness and a way to move beyond the limitations of our Reptilian Complex part of our brain.

Oh wait someone else might had beat me to it. I guess I could give them a complicated piece of machinery or device it can work without much hassle and could be a life changer. The telephone and an instruction book on their own language. Chances are it would end up in a basement collecting dust or operated by the elite of their time by the very few in the know as a means to advance their plots.

Click the links and witness the irony of human nature in all that..

It doesn't really matter what we could give them. The results would be the same. Also these kind of topics make me think we are not yet in a state that we could offer our ancestors something original and of real value above what they valued the most. Something they did not have before. We still have a long way to go, sadly.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'd give them Kanye West.

"Yo, Olmec Empire, I’m really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Egypt had the best Empire of all time! OF ALL TIME!"

Better them than us.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'd give them a simple note carved into something solid:

Hi, I am from the future, our world has gone to hell but you can avoid the same fate, simply:

Educate yourselves
Love one another.
Never trust the bankers.
Keep the gold for yourself.
That black liquid coming from the ground is really valuable.
And watch out for these guys: Hitler, Rockefellers, Rotschilds.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Forget what I said about the seeds. I wasnt thinking. I would give them the Bic lighter and forget it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would give them the a magnet and coil generator to spur on the industrial age. With the discovery of electricity that early who know what we would have today.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I would leave them a solar powered, self booting - Rosetta stone on all knowledge obtained until its transfer to the past that is.
however, such a knowledge transfer would alter the course of human \ inteligent entity evolution's ... I belive it would cause a space time continum disruption and upon implementation - the knowlege would alter existance after all the current technology which for the most part is within 200 years- time - such as the knowledge todate is advanced in reality but its only in it infantcy in the scheme of things - such as time. it relavent to what...? revolutions of the earth...? how many 365 revolutions is a year. so if the math is correct which I believe it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, you are able to reverse time to some extent.
so thats what I think would be most useful would be the history library... but since its 3000yrs old it would be the future... I think some changes would be done... but who knows.... greed is a powerful foe...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I would give them a four inch nail.I would tell them what it is used for how to make it and how it joins wood togeather.This simple nail could start the first aspect of a building revolution thousands of years before the nail was invented.With this simple nail they could be building ships and houses within 100 years.The same could be said if you give them gunpowder and how to make it and how it is used.They could have cannons and muskets within 100 years.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i'd have to say some kind of nervegas affecting only humans and spreading worldwide, the world would have been a lot better off without us, millions of species would still roam the earth

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you send anything other than a compendium of scientific knowledge it would be a waste. Funny how the first few answers were attempts at personal fortune or vanity.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would write a book in ancient Greek and in it I would write:

Basic Physics
Germ Theory
Evolution
Biology
Atomic Theory
How to make penicilin
How to make a lightbulb
How to make a solar cell
The Golden Rule

The last chapter would be instructions on forming a secret society. My secret society would be a group of individuals with three headquarters in different parts of the world. All works of literature, philosophy, and science would be recorded three times and each copy would be sent to one of the three locations.

This would produce vast libraries of knowledge that could be protected from war, disaster, or vandalism. 90% of everything we know of the ancients was destroyed due to one of those causes and lost forever because the knowledge wasn't spread throughout the world.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I'd give them a simple note carved into something solid:

Hi, I am from the future, our world has gone to hell but you can avoid the same fate, simply:

Educate yourselves
Love one another.
Never trust the bankers.
Keep the gold for yourself.
That black liquid coming from the ground is really valuable.
And watch out for these guys: Hitler, Rockefellers, Rotschilds.

Lol great minds think alike, edit to remove scarily similair post.....

Elf

[edit on 21-9-2009 by MischeviousElf]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

A warning. Something that would tell of Mao, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, . . . .

and other despots.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A pack of toilet paper...double ply extra soft Charmin.

Considering what they had back then I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by mikerussellus
A warning. Something that would tell of Mao, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, . . . .

and other despots.

What about Obama...and Bush?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I DID say other despots. Just didn't want to get partisan.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by Republican08

Nothing. Mess with and you change the present. Mostly likely in unpredicible ways.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would give them a piece of paper on it saying Dont bother
2nd line

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

I'm pretty sure they had nails.

I haven't answered seriously yet because I honestly can't think of any ONE thing we could give them that would be positive for humanity. Or even change it all that much, for that matter. The OP said "no instructions." If they don't already have it, chances are they'd need the instructions to figure it out.

Also, consider this: Anything you give them, they could use for war. If you give them scientific knowledge, they'll use it to invent weapons. If you give them history lessons, they'll use it like a crystal ball to foresee their enemies' movements.

And let's not even get started on the whole, "What happens if I go back in time and prevent myself from being born?" dilemma. Let's face it, you have 100 million sperm cells racing for the same egg, times 3,000 years' worth of generations. If just one of your ancestors were to so much as thrust one time less, you've broken time itself.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A entire encyclopedia.

Then again religions might spawn from that....

[edit on 21-9-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I would send back a piece of paper with the names of all the bloodlines of the NWO I would like killed. As this person reviews this list, perhaps the spot light would be shown on these crmiinals earlier.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A paper airplane. It's very simple and would help them understand aerodynamics, which could lead to other discoveries.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join