It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would give them a video detailing the aweful conditions of the world today. Perhaps we could give them a 3000 year head start on working on humanity.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

If anything, I'd guess I'd leave a self making lightbulb with them, something they would probably bash away at or figure out but still gain some knowledge of, a easy lightbulb.

Well, some think they had those, look at the Baghdad Battery.

a history book maybe? like when Marty mcfly gets a sports almanac from the future and biff changes the world when he steals it. I bet if they had a rather detailed account of things going on then things might play out diffrent, and maybe even through future/past symetry the book would even possibly occasionally change itself to reflect how events played out after receiving prior knowledge about the things transpiring.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A rubix cube, It would've brought our evolution forward by al least a thousand years.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

A solar powered calculator.
A globe
A microscope
A telescope

A HUGE book of archive photos

Instructions to document EVERYTHING and keep it safe.

A pre-war Martin guitar 00-45, '52 Telecaster, '57 Stratocaster and '59 Les Paul,
Steinway grand piano, and a book on basic electronics :-)

A calculator! Maybe it catches fish *throws it in the river* hrm nope
A globe! Pretty colors, lets throw it around and use it as a soccer ball.
This microscope is rather sturdy, i could bash other peoples heads in easier with this thing.
Telescope might break, or not be as sturdy enough as a club

Photos are good.
Not sure on instructions, I don't think many people read at that time.

I really like the Atlas idea. Get one of those large books on world geography. Except instead of giving it to the common man, find the leader/priests/medicine men/ whatever that could read and knew how to somewhat calculate the atlas book.

The only problem there is that civilization or tribe, would have an insane advantage over everybody else on the planet. I'd imagine it would be kept secret, and the leaders saying they are bringing people to a new land because they were chosen by the gods to bring prosperity to the tribe. (And the commoner upon arriving at such a fertile land would believe them to be a diety)

Yeah yeah. It's very hard to think of something to send back. I'd think along the lines of agriculture but would they be able to reproduce it?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I would go back with a helicopter, go to every major civilization, tell them that i am god, then tell them that im actually every persons consciousness put into one being, then....refer to myself as a manifestation of all things good. Then i would leave the helicopter there for evidence

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
oh i forgot rizzlers.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well this is a fun question.

I would send back soap. or some kind of antiseptic.

Either that or what I consider the greatest invention of man...anethesia.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I would give them the largest bic lighter I could find. It wouldn't take long before they figured out what it did. No instructions limits the possiblities.
Medicines or gadgets would be of no use to them. Seeds they wouldnt know to plant etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

Seeds they wouldn't know to plant etc.

I just want to point out the question being asked. According the original poster's thread title, the question is, "If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?"

3,000 - 2009 = 991BC

Egyptian pyramids were built around 10,000 BC.

Not only would they know how to plant seeds, but they could very well do it better than modern man.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

Seeds they wouldnt know to plant etc.
you really think they wouldn't know how to plant cmon I would give humans 3000 years ago more credit than that.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'd give them AIDs, so in the present we'd be immune to it, like many other species of animals before us.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I would give them a truck load of guns. hahaha! imagine the chaos!

but on a serious note, i would give them books on science and the language they are in.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
again.. listen ppl... 3000 years is nothing. Dont look at the 1000bc man as a pre-historic ape-like idiot - its not 1 million bc its 1 thousand bc.

If you were to try to teach a 1000bc man how to "seed" he would prolly think you were some ultra low evolved species and sell you for slavery or trade you for some whores in some low-end product line of a phoenician market visiting town...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i would give them the armanen runes of guido von liszt...
imagine...
all the world telling them hoax
and then...
the earliest writings of mankind would be... armanen runes.

maybe they would have been able to access some meaning to them....

where would we stand today?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join