It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Humorous answer: I would bring them man's greatest invention, scratch that, this gift is so great it simply HAD to be inspired divinely as no man could have fathomed such a gift prior to the Good Lord instilling it into his heart, soul, and fingers... I would give them METAL. No, not bronze, copper, steel, or iron... I'm talking about an old school wind up record player complete with LPs of Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Dio, Motorhead, AC/DC, Judas Priest... the greatest of gifts.

Serious answer: I'd give them a large binder containing copies of the US Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, the Federalist Papers, and a copy of the book "Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler: The Age of Social Catastrophe." The answer to essentially every problem man has faced in the past 3,000 years (outside of medical calamities) is contained somewhere within these writings. If the book "The 5,000 Year Leap" is to be in any way believed in a philosphical sense, the founding fathers made such a miraculous advancement in mankind by simply composing and compiling our documents of freedom and rights that to present them to the world 2300+ years earlier would have easily the greatest impact ever on mankind's development.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Condoms.

Let our brains evolve before more babies...

peace

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A 10-Pack of Bic lighters. (He who would make flames jump from his hands would be King!) The New Testament would also be interesting to have 1,000 years prior.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is another thought, a 1920s Champion sparkplug.
No explanation needed and if found in say solid rock or something, it would be dismissed as a hoax and ignored.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd give them a book written in their language which contains a prophecy of my birth and instructs them to faithfully - but secretly - worship my unborn spirit, await my arrival, and surrender all their land to my rule... right... about... now.

Shoot. It didn't work.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A science book made out of stainless steel or something that will last and that they could transpose it to spread the knowledge on the pages. Start with the stuff that threw humans off course for a long time such as the planets and the Earths axis and spin. Explain gravity and atoms. Basic health and the body so that superstitions do not become the main history teaching lessons.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think most of the answers are actually referring to a more primitive man. 3000 years ago is... Iron age.

So... sending a dictionary to a person who ALREADY HAS a dictionary is kinda pointless for instance. (yes the dictionary dates from 1000 bc from china). Stellar navigation was born around 1000bc same as for topographic maps... so... an atlas? For what?

Condoms existed already made of pig bladder. And fertility tests were also born in egypt around 1000 bc. (actually before). So sending condoms is again... pointless.

Medicine was already born, and the full length of the alphabet also. They also had Steel (by adding carbon to iron).

Plumbing as someone suggested... well... sanitation and underwater tunnels existed already. Again.. pointless.

A diamond lens is again kinda pointless... glass tools were born around 2000bc so... what would they do with a diamond lens 3000 years ago that couldnt be made with glass? Maybe just because its unbreakable but thats not really useful...

So we're looking at men 3000 years ago that already had most of the core things we have today and that some of you suggest.

In my opinion... and considering the needs of the 1000bc man, and looking at one of the top necessities of today's Man... I would offer them electricity and a manual how to control it, from Benjamin Franklin to electromagnetism... circuit explanations and how to practically implement all of that in their daily lives, from the light bulb to a dam, from a simple switch to complex board circuits.

Not the ancient "bateries" that never really worked or served any real purpose...

With real control over electricity in 1000bc, we would prolly be MUCH MORE advanced than we are now.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A history book about religious wars.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'd give them an AK-47, just cause of this.

www.youtube.com...

Just kidding

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Condoms existed already made of pig bladder.

I reiterate.

Condoms.

I mean come on!

Pig Bladders?

They either ate a whole lot a pig - or - they re-used a whole lot a bladders. (EWWW)!

And you know how that old *I thought it was fine to re-use one* story goes.

Condoms.

Lots of them.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
An IKEA flat pack bookcase with assembly instructions.

They should have it finished right about now.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken...

original recipe of course

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

actually yes... they re-used it!
wash n' go.

But hey... the idea had to come from somewhere right?

It served its purpose and thats what counts!

damn you made me laugh

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hope.

And hope they do not make the same mistakes as we have.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
An IKEA flat pack bookcase with assembly instructions.

They should have it finished right about now.

...not to mention the fact that it would take them centuries just to figure out what the hell the thing's name: Bük-Nük meant...

Gotta love IKEA catalogues. There are few things more uncontrolable giggle inducing than reading the names of IKEA products in a room with friends when all of you are under the effects of something verbotten on ATS. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would Leave One Pictogram For Them, Made By Me =)

Representing The Supernal Dimensional Union Of Nine

ashtarcommandcrew.net/group/skywalkersillumini

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I was going to write "Soap with an engraved picture on one side of animal fat drippings over a fire." but then, I saw somebody on page 1 with penicillan and thought that was better. BUT! I realized we can only give ONE item and penicillan without refridgeration, and constant temperature refridgeration without power or energy sources - is useless. So, I submit my engraved soap. '
'

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWonder

Rep-8, If you will remember the movie a few years back called A.I. for Artificial Intelligence: When I look forward say 100 yrs. this is what I see.
A.I.Beings........................................KMG

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would give them "The Old Testament". If you remember the history and origins of the US Constitution, it was inspired by the word of god. Other words, it would not exist in its present form without the influence of "The Old Testament."

Everything else materialistic fails next to moral laws, which teaches people about the difficulties behind the human condition.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'd leave them a few laws.

1. All Religion is false.
2. Wars are fought over religions
3. Out law Hate.

yeah I know that 3 things not just one. But they all tie togeather.
Think of it this way can any of you think about any war that was ever fought on the planet earth that didn't have something to do with religion?
Religious idiologies, doctrines etc?
So thats my take on what I would leave the past.
Just think of all the advancements we as humans could have conceived without being a slave to falsehoods.
:
pens palm with a grin::

Red pill anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join