It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Huge thread Repub.

First off I would go back and give them STD's

For those that think time travel would cause a paradox, quit thinking linearly, if you were to change the past you would just create another universe, it could not change yours. If you go to the store right now, instead of 20 minutes from now, you just created a different reality.

Joking aside, I would warn them about the NWO!
They have to prepare for it now. It would create the Roman Church, Masons, etc etc etc.

I would also give them a book of prophecies that never came true. Just to frack with their minds.

S&F making people use their noggins, excellent Repub.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

For those that think time travel would cause a paradox, quit thinking linearly, if you were to change the past you would just create another universe, it could not change yours. If you go to the store right now, instead of 20 minutes from now, you just created a different reality.

To which reality would you return the new one you just created or the one you originally came from?

If you return to the one in which you just created, you could have altered it so you were not born in that reality, so how would you exist in a reality in which you were never created? If you were able to exist in this reality, how could you prove who you were? With no birth records, no proof of education, work history, etc., you would be like Bob Lazar.

If you returned to your original reality, how would you be able to see the consequences of the new reality you created? What would be the point of doing something without being able to see the end result?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I like the idea of sending Dawkin's book.

After all, they had to use fire for heating and cooking, and that would make an excellent fire starter.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would give them a laptop with a full battery charged up, with this thread up on the screen.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
some nike air trainers

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Holy Bible. Given back then it would have saved so many more people, that is something that I'd like to see. Skip that last sentence actually, just wrote something random so i could post this. Only read the first sentance, thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would give them Rodney Dangerfield or Chong

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I would give them a fleet of tanks

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The one item I would leave would be myself.

Times were better wayyyy back then. Simpler.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
reply to post by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

That's just plain tasteless...

Second line.

Yeah you are right, people of color/african americans are completely happy about their race being forced into slavery. Unless you are wrong and they arent happy about it, thus making them spiteful?

On that note.

I would send them this! And maybe a hoverboard.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06792a66ae83.jpeg[/atsimg]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by TheFaiThfulSkepTic]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A chisel. Think about the cool things they could do with a chisel back in those days.

Crap. But what good is a chisel without a hammer? Maybe I should send a hammer instead?

Time travel gifting is hard.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I Didn't even have to think about it I would give them soap!!, this would possibly prevent some disease that have evolved and are now prevalent, antibacterial soap would be great for them, although they might just eat it!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'd give them a $100 Federal Reserve Note and say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Everybody could have a ball...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would leave them my time machine.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why do people keep suggesting basic things that people obviously had 3000 years ago?

A chisel? Soap? Seriously?

Chisels have been around since mankind first started making things out of rocks, and soap dates back to 2200 BC.

I know. Let's give them sticks! Surely they hadn't invented sticks yet, right?!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would have to give one of their "scientists" a telescope. They would see what is beyond our realm, understand what the Heavens really are, probably negate religion, while advancing technology greatly.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
they didn't have antibacterial soap, they just had soap

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
1 item to give all humans 3000 yrs. ago??? Gummi Bears........................mmmmmm~

Kinda seems like the human "collective" has managed to squander 3000 years, I would not at ALL be surprised if *"civilization" is soon relegated to the dubious position of being no better than a tribe of insane sub-primates hurling dung at one another.

Or perhaps NOT~

* civilization....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
single item per request:

i would give them wells lamont cream leather working gloves.
absolutely timeless as far as utility goes.
used to use them for motocross riding even.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If I could go back in 3000 years and TALK to some people from that era, I'd teach them one thing:
That religious symbols and ideals are evil, and I'd instill the fear of worshipping false idols into them, and give them ten basic logical laws that they could use to organise themselves.

Wait, what, isn't that what happened to Moses?

hehehheh, I just thwarted religion and made it into an infinite unavoidable loop in one shot.

P.S It's interesting to note how alot of the posts in this thread seem to be of the presumption that ancient man was stupid, illiterate, and incompetent with tools.

If I gave a person from 3000 years ago a screwdriver, he would probably use it to carve writings into a stone tablet with great accuracy.
If I gave a person from 3000 years ago an atlas, he would look at it as a map to far away places, but none of it would be of any use to him unless he were in charge of a massive fleet.
If I gave a person from 3000 years ago a modern design for a firing kiln (for making pottery) he'd laugh his arse off at it's inefficiency and show me a better way.
If I gave a person from 3000 years ago a knife, he'd use it to try to chip a rock for making a hatchet, snap it, and curse me for wasting his time.
If I gave a person from 3000 years ago a religious textbook, he'd be utterly confused by it and be unable to read it.

However...
If I gave a person from 3000 years the most powerful gift the people of our modern world have at our disposal, he would create a massive following that could radically change the world, and he would be the most powerful man to have ever existed, some might even call him a 'messiah', some would call him 'the law bringer', others would call him 'a god'.

I would give him the ability to lie.

[edit on 23/9/2009 by nrky]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join