It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Hearing On Fed Audit 9:00 AM Friday 9/25!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Well GBM you know you and I disagree, we have already established this as fact. You like the keep the people in the dark like mushrooms types of policys.

I think that breeds corruption. And, corruption produces destruction, for the people, the economy, and the country.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thats fine.

But if you think that Ron Paul is correct when he says your local congressman has your best intentions at heart, then please, raise your hand.

I shouldnt see any hands up.

Ill say it again, why release exactly what we are doing when and why all the time? We already release enough info. IMO.. what else do you need to know? Whats done is done, lets just look to the positive future.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well if you think that the FED has the interests of the public at heart you are definitely in the small minority at this point.

GBM, 90% of the public thinks the FED should be subjected to an independent audit. Why? Because they are corrupt, and as was pointed out this morning by Paul and Grayson the FED is all about
propping up Goldman Sachs, and not about doing what is best for the economy, or the people.

Sorry, I have to say that if I was to have to pick someone to watch my back it would be Ron Paul, lol if it was Ben Bernanke I would commit suicide first. Give me a break...

Does Uncle Ben have his own brand of soma he passes out our what?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Local Representatives are a lot easier to hold accountable, and are, yes, REPRESENTATIVES of the people...why the heck should you NOT want the power there? The more removed the power is from the people, the more corrupt and self-serving it becomes.

The only way I can see for you to be sane and hold your views is either a.) you have great faith in big brother government and think Obama is making it all better, or b.) you're one of the small percentage of people profiting from the current scam that is the US economic system. So which is it?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hey GreenBicMan, that is exactly why I took interest in the small portion of the hearing that I mentioned.

Whether or not I believe that either the politicians or the Fed really do what they do for the best interest of the public, I found it to be an interesting argument. Interesting because while in theory the public does vote on congress people to act on behalf of their best interests, what I heard between Ron Paul and Alverez sounded almost like a power struggle in tone.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One thing, if anything is released, it would go to Congrees to see. They would then make a call if things are on the up and up. If they are so true, and on the straight and narrow, then they have nothing to hide. That is like saying that my bank does not have to disclose it`s dealings. Well, yes it does, so why doesn`t the Fed have to? The answer is.......they should. As long as the books are correct and no under the table dealings have went on, then they have nothing to fear from the public. The Fed Rep. made that the bulk of his topic, was what the public would think and say.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul and Alan Grayson were terrific as usual. I love the fact that Grayson has an economic background and is fearless.

However, I am appalled by what I am seeing in Mr. Barney Frank in this hearing.

Frank seems to be doing everything he can to derail and mock the proceedings. He wasted a large amount of time going on about how offended he was that a witness had used the term "bought and paid for" regarding some people. (Gee... wonder why? Wonder if it has anything to do with TPTB having info on someone running underage boys as prostitutes?)

Frank even went as far as to jokingly smirk about the hearing being made into (apparently) a movie about those wanting to audit the FED when Sherman was speaking. He seemed to have orders to do all he could to muddy the waters and prevent real investigation of the FED. He needs to go.

I'm one of the most liberal people on ATS. So I don't give a damn about his sex life. What I want is honesty and integrity. What I see is a man who really does appear to be "bought and paid for".

Implode the FED. Take the consequences. Fight back and create a better nation that doesn't take its orders from International Banksters and the Israeli lobby.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet

Local Representatives are a lot easier to hold accountable, and are, yes, REPRESENTATIVES of the people...why the heck should you NOT want the power there? The more removed the power is from the people, the more corrupt and self-serving it becomes.

The only way I can see for you to be sane and hold your views is either a.) you have great faith in big brother government and think Obama is making it all better, or b.) you're one of the small percentage of people profiting from the current scam that is the US economic system. So which is it?

All of the above, I am a govt. sentinel robot

But in reality, why would you want local rep's responsible for economic policy making? Why should they even know? Do you want DOW chemical to now be in bed with the FED, along with Florida Power and Light as well? Isn't it bad enough 90% of these companies are already in every pocket in the senate?

What are you guys really looking for here? To totally destroy our economy? It sounds like it sometimes.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Ok, I'll explain again.

1. Audit Fed

2. Reveal what cards we are holding and why

3. Russia hears this

4. China hears this

5. Russia and China short the hell out of our long term positions

6. We just lost our ass

7. ATS is now bitching about how public and congress has too much oversight of economic policies

8. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet

All of the above, I am a govt. sentinel robot

But in reality, why would you want local rep's responsible for economic policy making? Why should they even know? Do you want DOW chemical to now be in bed with the FED, along with Florida Power and Light as well? Isn't it bad enough 90% of these companies are already in every pocket in the senate?

What are you guys really looking for here? To totally destroy our economy? It sounds like it sometimes.

Yep..............to get it back in the hands of the people and not the Fed. The Feds power structure would fall apart over night if the truth came out. And to that, I say don`t let the dorr hit you on your way out.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by FiatLux]
All the people want to know is, if they are on the up and up with the money.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Yeah, the american population and congress

Thats on the right path..

We can't even agree on one thing in healthcare without letting pharma dictating who says what and when..would you agree?

Now multiply that x1000000 because .001 know $hit about the workings of the economy, and I seriously would rue the day where someone like Nanci P. has a say in the direction of fiscal policy.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Your attitude towards the FED reminds me very much of Coach Bobby Knight's comments on rape some years ago. To paraphrase Knight: "If a woman is going to be raped regardless, then why doesn't she just lay back and enjoy it?" Sorry, but I find both Knight's and your suggested reaction to being raped (physically or financially) to be distastefull at best, repugnant at worst. I'd rather we fight the rapists at the Fed as much as possible, which includes forcing them to open their books.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Id rather be responsible for my well-being through my elected representative, rather than the daily anal-rapings that are the current order of things. Its pretty obvious you haven't seen any hard times, or you would have some perspective. I've been high, Ive been low, and through it all, Ive been disgusted by the lack of power the people have to stop the rampant corruption in the government, and in those..."running" our economy. You do realize that a free market economy, if we were to ever have such a thing, wouldn't BE run by politicians.....so that whole argument would go right out the window, anyways. That is what this move is meant to be a step towards. The Fed is the largest power holding back a free market right now, so bringing them to rein is the first step in true change, true progress.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

So you are willing to cause 90% unemployment just so we can open up the books and say hey look - ben did talk to BOA CEO on this date!!

Yeahh!!!!!

Do you know what you are saying when you say things like this and the mass destruction it would cause to the USA while countries like even France start to topple us overnight?

It would happen if we had a completely open policy, thats like having Phil Ivey show his hole cards on every hand in the WSOP, this is retarded brother, trust me.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

Ive seen the best and Ive been through the worst, but I take 100% resp. for all my actions

But its not the FED's fault you do not have a high paying job etc..

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Not one thing in that will matter if this system falls apart. We need to start a new money system in this country. The one we have will not last long at the rate the dollar is dropping.

It doesn`t matter who is in power right now, both sides are nothing to be very proud of. We would get the shaft from both sides, and they have shown it.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

seeing some more comments, its clear that you just like the dishonest scheme that is going on and want to see it continue, for whatever reasons. Sure, fixing things that have been a disaster and cesspool for a century do indeed suck. But its better to fix it, than close your eyes and hope the next rape isnt the one that leaves your anus bleeding your life away. What a way to live.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by burntheships

Ok, I'll explain again.

1. Audit Fed

2. Reveal what cards we are holding and why

3. Russia hears this

4. China hears this

5. Russia and China short the hell out of our long term positions

6. We just lost our ass

7. ATS is now bitching about how public and congress has too much oversight of economic policies

8. Rinse and repeat.

Here's what's coming and you have no voice in the matter:

1. The G-20 gets to shape what the USA is. The same people now running the FED will be there to have even more power.

2. Countries will be united under one extreme method of economic control. If you think you're a slave now you ain't seen nothin' yet.

3. We COULD do what our forefathers did and take control of our destiny. We could opt to audit the FED. Clean up this mess. And make a fresh start following the original concepts laid down by our Constitution and Bill of Rights. We could start actually PRODUCING things here instead of making deals to produce them in other countries. We could become self-sufficient again. It CAN be done.

4. But... those that are in control are going to have us go to war with Iran. Thus, the oil rich nations of Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran are all lined up to allow that pipeline Cheney always denied he was involved in to be finished that leads right to Israel. Israel will have incredible control of the region through their slave-workers (The USof A). And we are stuck with the bill while working under the extreme control of something WORSE than the FED; something that makes the will of the people of the USA completely irrelevant.

With courage we COULD have #3. Remaining weak and gutless we WILL get us #4.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

wow..

the dollar will not just drop to 0, infact other countries have an interest in seeing a stronger dollar, so dollar weakness will not happen forever

let me ask you this?

when the market was tanking 9 months ago.. were you cheering because the dollar was surging (BECAUSE THE DOLLAR IS A SAFEHAVEN)?

so please, dont give me this falling dollar garbage etc. this is just garbage, seriously, the US DOLLAR is KNOWN AS A SAFETY INSTRUMENT, that is why when the world is not collapsing anymore, everyone is getting out and investing in higher yielding instruments with more risk

I am certainly no genius, but I am not sure where you are getting this slant from.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You don't think it is the Fed's fault that hmmm...Ive been taxed into poverty, left with no money to make my own fortune, my own "American Dream?" Do you realize how much of a spoiled little city prick you sound like? Seriously? So you had the breaks and make good money, enough that the taxes and inflation and market manipulation don't matter to you, at least not yet. Probably had a family that got you all set up, unlike some of us, who have had to start with nothing.

Who cares about everyone who gets ruined by the corruption, then, as long as you don't? What a sad sack you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join