Ron Paul Gets Hearing On Fed Audit 9:00 AM Friday 9/25!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
so what exatcly is going on?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm really finding this discussion highly interesting.

Alvarez claims that the Fed being more open about it's monetary policy would subject it to political influence, and henceforth would not be good for the public interest. Dr. Paul says that "public interest" is not clearly defined and believes that as a congressman voted into his position by the public, he and others work towards what is best for the public interest.

I never watched one of these hearings before, but it's pretty entertaining.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
if the fed is audited, the banking powers will withdraw their credit and cause a systematic collapse. Obama would have to then install a dictatorship or face losing power.

sorry to be the doomsayer but it had to be said.

the benefit? The Truth. All you'll get is the truth. is that what you want? Do you want millions to suffer all in the name of Truth? If it leads to the suffering of the evil and the benefit of the good, I'd say yes.

be patient, be patient.

I want the truth even if it hurts. You cannot live a quality life, free and happy without it. I NEVER cope well with lies. Basing a life on a set of lies, leads to no good. Have some backbone and insist on the truth no matter what repercussions may come. Grow up and stop being afraid of the truth. Often the truth is ugly. I can deal with the truth much better than the lies.

My 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
well they're in Recess now, and they had the mics on, and i heard Ron Paul say something about how "they have nothing to hide", and then they muted the mics just now...

anyway, i don't think they've gotten to the really good stuff yet...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

i agree - there are 2 types of people in the world...

let's say your spouse or significant other cheated on you - you either don't wanna know about it to go on with the rest of your life in blissful ignorance, or, you want to know about it because, no matter how much it hurts, you just need to know.

well, for me, i just need to know, no matter how much it hurts. i've talked to other people about this, and girls usually say they wouldn't wanna know if their significant others cheated on them so they can go on living happily...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Did you hear Watts earlier when he was mumbling and stumbling around? He mentioned the phrase "increased audit". Shouldn't there already be an audit in order to have an increased one?

Word jockeys at work.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

They were discussing the structures of the Fed, the extent that the Fed is accountable to an audit, and what area of reform are needed in terms of accountability and transparency, in general, not detail yet.

I liked it very much when Ron said that it was a duty of Congress to protect the people...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Word jockeys at work.

That is the truth...it pains me to listen!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the picture...

First laugh of the day...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh believe me, a few of those Reps. who signed on with Mr. Paul are there to try and make the Fed out to look good, not to get to the truth. Just listen to the types questions that a few ask, then you will understand.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Yes very good point to keep in mind while this takes place...
We can pick them out by the discussion they bring up...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ron Paul up now...
nailing them on the monetized debt spending,
creating inflation, and calling them on the fact that the Fed wants
secrecy.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Oh now Ron is calling them on the foreign spending
in the Fed, putting it rightly that when they lend money to other
countires, they are in actuality creating foreign treaties!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh my this is interesting,

Congress Cleaver is asking the question:

How did the Fed get the TARP money if Congress did not vote on it...

Basically calling the FED on the power that they hold.

It would be more effective if there was

a pot of tar and feathers outside for the liars....

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i particularly liked what Emanuel Cleaver had to say and question!

all in all this seems promising, and i really hope it ends up well, and i can only hope that the Federal Reserve bites the big one!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Now Grayson is really grilling them...

Machine Gun style...

I love it...

Confronting them about a loan that was made to Dick Cheney that went directly to a secret Swiss Bank Account...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ron Paul up agian,

Asking about the secrecy of the FED, and how the secrecy of the FED is causing the people of the country to be confused, and suspicious.

I mean really, of course. How could it not...but I think that is the whole idea behind the FED, control over the money supply...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
is it in Recess now, or are they through?

it just kinda... ended...

i think they're finished, but the screen says it's in Recess, but i just don't think they've updated that screen?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I'm really finding this discussion highly interesting.

Alvarez claims that the Fed being more open about it's monetary policy would subject it to political influence, and henceforth would not be good for the public interest. Dr. Paul says that "public interest" is not clearly defined and believes that as a congressman voted into his position by the public, he and others work towards what is best for the public interest.

I never watched one of these hearings before, but it's pretty entertaining.

Big Big is right on with this.

Leave the FED alone, you or I or Russia or China does not need to know what we are doing when and why.

We already release a lot of this information, if you were interested you (not you specifically) would have heard Ben talk about what the FED will be purchasing and how much longer etc.

Also, do you want someone like your local congressman having an influence on the outlook of the econ? I sure as hell wouldn't.. be careful what you ask for IMO, but I do not think I am wrong here.

Also, why give another country a heads up to what we are going to do so they can short us out or snipe our positions? This is god damn ridiculous IMO, seriously, I dont care if this makes me sound like a govt. shill

[edit on 25-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I was wondering the same thing, I was late to the party, turned it on, then 5 minutes later the screen went blank and has been like that for about 10 minutes now... is it over? I hope I didn't miss it all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join