It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of military bashing...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
natas

I enjoy reading your posts, but would you consider changing your avatar?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Hey..I'm open. Correct me if I'm wrong. My impression of you and your consorts is that you are 'militarily' minded to the detriment and exclusion of everything else. That meaning that as long as the military gets the money (which is always DOES under repugnants) to do what Bush orders, the Hell with the rest of OUR country, HERE, and what WE need for OUR people.

I don't want to think this way. If you think I do then you're sadly mistaken. Tell me I'm wrong, please. Because it would be nice to know that our military men are thinking men as well.

Well, since I too am in the military I guess that makes me one of his consorts (think you meant cohort), which gives me the right to answer that one.

First of all, since you are not in the military, I am curious as to how you know for a fact that we would have an attutude of to "Hell with the rest of the country?" Do you really think that people join the military becuase they are turning their backs on their countrymen?
Do you think we are so callous in the military as to not care what happens?

[Edited on 17/5/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
natas

I enjoy reading your posts, but would you consider changing your avatar?

Dont you like peanuts then? his avatar is O.K

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Dont you like peanuts then? his avatar is O.K

First of all, it's nunya. I was talking to natas, not you.

Second of all, it's not a peanut. It's Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'll only reply to a few of your points, as I don't wish to beat the dead horse too much longer....

As you claim you stood up for Intrepid, which he did not need, so was I standing up for myself. It makes absolutely no difference in the world whether you think I was being cruel and he was not, or vice versa, as that is your opinion, period. He doesn't need your help, and if he does, he has no need to be here in the Pit. End of that story, I will not comment further on it.

I did not "attack you" when you posted about the schools and hospitals in Iraq. Nothing is further from the truth. To quote myself:

the reason we don't have affordable health care in this country is because of morons who sue doctors for exorbitant amounts of money over a hangnail, driving malpractice insurance premiums through the roof. Other than that, we live in a global society, and have always helped our fellow man. That's what makes us better than the terrorist bastards that killed 3,000 innocent men, women and children on 9/11.

The only people you could remotely claim I was "attacking" are the morons who sue doctors for millions because of a hangnail, and the terrorist bastards who dropped our towers to the ground.

I can find no reason in any post here as to why you would get the impression that all military are 'militarily' minded to the detriment and exclusion of everything else. And no, we don't get "all the money". If we did, we wouldn't have so many people eligible for food stamps.

The rest of that sentence, "(which is always DOES under repugnants) to do what Bush orders, the Hell with the rest of OUR country, HERE, and what WE need for OUR people." is just ridiculous. If we didn't have a strong military, you would be speaking Russian and would have most likely already spent your four years of mandatory conscripted military service. Afterwards, you would be standing in line for days for toilet paper...

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm for the military. I hope that our country has the decency to treat them well when they return.

I give to charities that support the military and their families; for example Hannity's charity for scholarships for kids of those who have died over there.

Bashing them is repulsive, IMO. Where would our country be without them?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
greatly appreciated......

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I really didn't think I was bashing the military.

What I was trying to say was that I thought it was wrong for so much money to be spent on creating hospitals etc for people in other countries when we have people right here who can't even go to a doctor for antibiotics when they are sick.

I believe that's the point I was trying to make in my first post, but if I got a little overheated and came off like I was attacking certain folks on this thread then I do apologize for that.

The truth is, and I know you guys don't know me so you probably won't believe me, but here it is anyway:

I will always respect anyone who fights passionately for what they believe in, even if I disagree with what they're saying. People always have to go their own way and do what THEY think is right. Otherwise we'd all be a bunch of clones.

Anyway..I DO respect that. It's much preferable then sitting on the fence going back and forth on an issue, not to mention a lot more honourable.

But I would like to be treated in kind. It goes both ways. If you don't agree with me, can't you simply say "I don't agree with you, I think you're wrong and here is why.....", rather then trying to humiliate me on a message board in front of all the other members by trying to make me look stupid.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
But I would like to be treated in kind. It goes both ways. If you don't agree with me, can't you simply say "I don't agree with you, I think you're wrong and here is why.....", rather then trying to humiliate me on a message board in front of all the other members by trying to make me look stupid.

No one tried to "humiliate" you. You jumped into the middle of the fray and came off as someone who I would call "extremely holier than thou." The rest of us simply jumped back. It's to be expected. If you take a shot at me, I will punch back.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My avatar has been dissed! Poor Mr. Hankey...

I can hear him now...

"Hi-dee-ho Kyle! Dem boys on ATS don't much like me dancin' around the discussion boards. Dey are tryin' to change me. Well, you know me - if'n I decide to stop coming around, their bodies are gonna be hurtin'!"

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by natas

I can hear him now...

"Hi-dee-ho Kyle! Dem boys on ATS don't much like me dancin' around the discussion boards. Dey are tryin' to change me. Well, you know me - if'n I decide to stop coming around, their bodies are gonna be hurtin'!"

Dr. Intrepid prescribes Chefs "salty balls", for a full recovery.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Mr Hanky, The Christmas Poo
Small and Brown, he comes from you
Sit on the toilet, here he comes
Squeeze him tween your festive buns!
A present from down below
Speading joy with a 'howdy ho'!
He's seen the love inside of you
Cos he's a piece of poo!

Sometimes he's nutty, sometimes he's corny
He can be brown, or greenish-brown
But if you eat fibre on Christmas Eve
He might come to your town..
Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo
He loves me, I love you
Therefore vicariously, he loves you
'I can make a Mr Hanky too'!

If you're deranged enough to want to read the rest, its here

Isn't it amazing how people can get completely off topic ?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by natas

I can hear him now...

Oh, stop it...you are so full of shiite....

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I haven't seen anyone bash the military as a whole I've only seen people talk about the mistake a few soldiers have made. And when all the evidence is out I would bet that those soldiers were encouraged to do everything they did if not ordered to do it.

Like I said in another thread.. I don't care what they do to Iraqie prisoners... I am in no place to make a judgement because I haven't been standing next to my best freind and had him blown in half by one of those freeking bombs... Had I been witness to that I might have cut a few heads off myself. So stripping and humilation is tame compared to that in my view... but then thats just my view.

You are entitled to your views too. But remember talking loud and long doesn't make you right it just makes you persistant lmaoooo

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I really don't mind the bashing of those few - I totally agree with that. You are also right about not knowing how we would react given the distinct possibility that wer may have seen our buddies blown to bits over there.

I am waiting anxiously to see how this all pans out.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
umm...does anyone else consider being a soldier as just a job? that's all it it. whatever your reasons for joining in the first place, and your opinions, you still have to follow the same orders. i personally don't know anyone who is anti-troop, and most of the people i know are against the war, but if i did i would seriously question their intelligence, because being a soldier is giving up your freedom to choose to fight

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by teenagehousewife
but if i did i would seriously question their intelligence, because being a soldier is giving up your freedom to choose to fight

Where did you get that crazy idea? People, in the military, who do not want to fight can either request transfer to a non combat unit (ie supply) or put in for conscientous objector status.

The military does not want people who do not want to fight to have to go into a combat zone. It would endanger their fellow soldiers and undermine unit morale.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm just glad that most liberals seem to support the troops, if not the war. The last thing we need is a Viet Nam-style welcome-home.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This thread is typical twisted propaganda style disinformation.....

I have seen next to no one say anything negative about the military itself...every person with half a brain knows the military is told what to do by our government,which in turn is supposed to take its orders from the people(fat chance on that happing though)

We all know that the troops themselves are just like the rest of us...some good some bad..but just plain people...we all know that some one has to believe in what they are doing other wise they will be extremely ineffective...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Where did you get that crazy idea? People, in the military, who do not want to fight can either request transfer to a non combat unit (ie supply) or put in for conscientous objector status.

The military does not want people who do not want to fight to have to go into a combat zone. It would endanger their fellow soldiers and undermine unit morale.

you so crazyyyy

Tell that to all the dead drafted soldiers from veitnam...lol

Lol that the biggist load I have ever heard...

If that was true people would not have been going awol and moving to canada

Your delusional if you think the military gives a damn whether you agree with the war or not....Try telling your buddies out on the battle field that you disagree with the war and want a supply job lol.....you will have a bullet in the back of your head in minutes..

conciencous observer lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join