It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will only accept those who have rejected me in every way.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am God. I created the universe and all life within it's infinite space. Humans are being tested on Earth and if they pass this test they will be welcome in my kingdom for eternity. The test requires they reject me fully in every way. It is only then that I will know I have created a truly free spirit. Those who worship me have failed. Do they think I would want anything to do with life forms that simply follow me and pray to me? They are like annoying gnats covering your face (apologies for creating gnats by the way). Blind followers, mindless drones.. what would be the use of such a creation? I want independent souls in my kingdom, strong minded souls who believe in themselves and follow the path of no man or deity. There is nothing more glorious than knowing I have created a true individual being. The people of Earth often call them Atheists, and they are welcome in my kingdom for eternity.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Why does this remind me of "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member" - Groucho Marx.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

So choosing to believe in God is the inability to choose?

The amount of irony in this statement is beyond repair.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You are right about one thing, God doesn't want blind followers. He wants people who made a conscious choice. He wants people to follow him because the want to, and choose to of their own free will.

Atheists do exactly the same things they complain about Christians doing. Only instead to trying to convert them to Christianity the are always trying to convince people there is no God. How can you not believe in anything when your beliefs are there is no God. That's a belief system.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Interesting ...

It is usually the corrupt who require that they are worshipped blindly and without question (like a dictator).

Also the society in which we are born, usually pre-determines our religion to some extent. Being born in the UK/USA will probably mean that you will be a christian as these are generally Christian countries.

I think that a loving God would prefer us to love each other and look after his creation, getting our respect to him through these, rather than forcing people to worship him, fighting and killing nations and other evil things, all in done His name.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
You are right about one thing, God doesn't want blind followers. He wants people who made a conscious choice. He wants people to follow him because the want to, and choose to of their own free will.

And what happens if they do not choose to follow him? They burn in hellfire for eternity. So someone is aiming a gun at you and says bow before me or I'll shoot you in the stomach.. but the choice is yours.. you do not HAVE to bow before me. You call that free will? Laughable.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I can't say I 100% agree with you, but I think you are on the right path to things.

It is said - you must become as being like a child. What does that mean? Well a child is one who asks alot of questions. They don't pretend to know, and because they realize this, they ask. What are they doing when they ask? They are seeking - and they are seeking honestly, not seeking to prove their own bias.

And so, to become like a child is to become agnostic. Without knowledge, and being honest about it. Just to simply say - I do not know.

And where that applies is that when you do that as an adult, you are shedding yourself of all things people claim about god, you are shedding yourself of the box other people have created for you. And then you start to seek with honesty, and when you seek you will find.

What you are really talking is not rejecting "God", it's rejecting all the things people have said about God. It's rejecting men, and no longer accepting what men tell you. It is at that moment that you truly start looking for the father - assuming you are looking for the truth, the way and so forth. It becomes a free choice on your part.

If you love something, you will set it free. If it loves you, it will come back.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

And what happens if they do not choose to follow him? They burn in hellfire for eternity. So someone is aiming a gun at you and says bow before me or I'll shoot you in the stomach.. but the choice is yours.. you do not HAVE to bow before me. You call that free will? Laughable.

Are we going to talk about the father, or are we going to talk about what men say about god?

What you say is true, however what you say is based only on what men say of god.

A parent will punish their child to teach it a lesson. It does this because the parent loves the child and wants the best for him. It is the parent who doesn't punish the child who doesn't show it love, and the child pays for it later in life. I'm not talking about abuse, i'm talking about punishment with a purpose to teach a lesson.

Now, if a parent just punished the child forever and for eternity, then it can't be for teaching a lesson, it's not a thing of love, it's a thing of hate. And that is what you are seeing and pointing out. But shouldn't this just clue us into the fact that it's not how it works? That perhaps you are free to do what you like, but you will reap what you sow?

Because after all, how can you expect to live in a society without murder if you yourself are a murderer? A society without thieves if you are a thief. So maybe it has more to do with learning the lessons of life rather than burning in hell.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Thats exactly what free will is. with all choices there comes consequences, some minor some major. You can choose not to eat but you will get hungry, you can choose not to go to work, knowing you could get fired.
Every second in life you make choices that affect your future. sometimes when know the consequences ahead of time, other times we don't but its still a choice. There are some people who actually want to go to hell and make that conscious decision.
You don't choose to be born, you don't choose whether or not your heart beats or whether or not you dream while you are asleep, but you can choose what you believe knowing there may or may not be consequences.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Thats exactly what free will is. with all choices there comes consequences, some minor some major. You can choose not to eat but you will get hungry, you can choose not to go to work, knowing you could get fired.
Every second in life you make choices that affect your future. sometimes when know the consequences ahead of time, other times we don't but its still a choice. There are some people who actually want to go to hell and make that conscious decision.
You don't choose to be born, you don't choose whether or not your heart beats or whether or not you dream while you are asleep, but you can choose what you believe knowing there may or may not be consequences.

Total bollix, none of what you stated can relate to the god choice whatsoever. Choose me or burn for eternity in pain you could never imagine.. how is THAT a choice? It's a choice because you can chose not to burn forever? Can you not see the lunacy here? Well then consider me burning in hellfire forever. I would much rather burn for eternity that have anything to do with a being who dishes out options such as 'kneel before me or burn for eternity'. This so called god can kiss my f*#! ass.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
- god makes a clif (among other things)

- man sees cliff and for some odd reason wants to jump.

- god forbids man to jump, knowing it would hurt/kill man.

- man complains that his "free will" is being treaded on and that he has a right to jump if he so chooses.

- god tries to convince him that its not a good idea.

- man sticks fingers in his ears and goes "la la la im not listening la la la"

- man jumps

- man realizes that he is about to die and prays to god for help.

thats the god choice. hellfire is not biblically supported. the bible time and time again says that the consequence of sin is death, not eternal torture.

sin by its very nature is rebellion against god. its doing something or using something in a way other than its intended use.

gods laws are there to protect, not to restrict.

if a person so chooses to exercise his free will (because we know that is the most important thing in the world), god will not protect him from the consequences of his actions.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is the DUMBEST OP I have witnessed in years.Guys it's a flamer, a spammar, trust me if he could he would use irrelevant statements like.

" Sky daddy "

" mindless sheep "

" Insane christians "

what he is doing is using a method to push God away so God becomes false to him, because he might be reading OPs like Jungle jakes and sees God working in peoples lives.

so since people don't want God to be real they lash out against God to make him false in their own minds.

I see spammars like this on youtube with similar post.

Chosing God, is not being a mindless sheep, because all the saints still had to go through doubt.

Chosing God is like chosing a family member.

It's like saying.

" I don't want to chose my dad because I don't agree with him on everyhting. "

what athiest do is they don't chose God, and so how can they be with someone they hate?

It's insanity and seriosuly this OP should be locked.....

bye...

[edit on 21-9-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
and you see, God will always allow flaws to be in their arguments because they are advocates. This OP probably loves lust, just guessing.

and so he's saying to himself as many do. I don't want God. I want sin! I want booze! I want ladies....

so I have to do all I can do to denounce God and make statements of it to push him away from my mind...

Now..

OP

" The test requires they reject me fully in every way "

OK, boom.... You reject him than you reject love. So In actuality the OP is saying hell is heaven where there is no love and peace.

He just owned himself..

but past that... Since God says thou shall not kill...

Than we can murder everyone on the street anytime we want?

2. Thou shall not steal?

Ok I can go and disrupt buisness and steal anything I want and ruin lives?

3. Thou shall not commint adultury.

Ok so I can have as much sex as I want and destroy lives and childrens lives?

hmmm

4. Thou shall not lie.

Ok so the real God wants us to lie and create a nation full of lying ass***s?

so in this guys opinion.... God wants lying, hateful, cheating, fat gluttonistic, people... so much for that (FREE SPIRIT) # if that's heaven than I don't want to be there.

By that logic the world would last about one week if people adopted that ridiculous OP.

God wants a love baised worship. He never said worhsip me or die... he said what Judges say to people in jail.

" You do this and you will go to jail "

and so evil has to be spereated from good.

God wants a love only baised worship according the bible. Not some drone who prays and worships without love.

peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ohhh wait wait wait WAIT, he just owned himself again.

in the picture.

" HATE is a biblical value "

" The test is to reject me FULLY in every way "

ahaha!!!!

So HATE in the bible is actually to you a GOOD thing since we need to reject the commandment

" LOVE thy neighbor "

owned...

too much op.... I'm done in here...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
One more OP..... ownage.. I'm teasin it's too easy..

You OP go out tommorrow and go steal a car and kill 5 people.

Do it! Since you need to reject God in every way.

you won't.

why?

because you have love. If not you would do what I just said, since we have to reject God in EVERY way, why not?

You shop from free spirits R US where you drink your koolaid>?

Ok I'm seriously done in here. It was too easy. the opening he left.

peace/

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Okay, um god...

I knw you are omnipotent, and omniscient in every way, and you are perfect in everything you do so.....

why did you need to edit your OP?

Blasphemy.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

God never required us to worship him 'blindly'.

Straw man argument.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Another straw man, God doesn't say they burn in hell for refusing to choose to follow him. They burn in hell for a just payment for their sins. Salvation is a free gift for anyone who wants to accept that AS PAYMENT DUE for the debt they owe for their sins. I'm a sinner, you're a sinner, we all are sinners.

The only difference between those in heaven and those in hell is one group is forgiven their sins by accepting that Jesus died for them, and others in hell have to serve their own payment, in essense they chose to "serve" their own penalty instead of having faith in Christ to pay the debt they owe themselves to God.

Straw man number 2....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join