It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP, unknown voices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am scrolling downing the current threads on page 2 of ATS and voices of people i don't know start coming out of my speakers from my computer. They are different people from more than one site.......different radio stations and ABC television. Comcast is my internet server. Is anyone else currently having this problem. 9:28pm eastern time U.S.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Do you have any other tabs open. Sometimes they refresh themselves and have those stupid advertisements that include a video that just start talking.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This thread may help you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Some of the ads on ATS are talking ads, like one i come across sometimes are the "congradulations! you are the winner of blah blah blah". It happens sometimes, nothing serious. I lol'd at your thread title btw.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thanks all, the voices have stopped now. It wasn't a talking ad and i came directly to ATS, nothing else open. It was people who had no clue i was listening in. They were using profanity and coarse language. Some were yelling and listening to loud music, others t.v. It should not have happened, it was a violation of my privacy, and theirs. I going to run diagnostics to see if i can find the problem.

[edit on 013030p://am3006 by debris765nju]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
cool, i wonder do you live in america by any chance? i think the chances of americans using people coputers to sp on them is more than likely

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
I am scrolling downing the current threads on page 2 of ATS and voices of people i don't know start coming out of my speakers from my computer.

Ach Laddie ... yer imagining things
Just take two aspirins, get a good night sleep and come back in the morning...

[edit on 21-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Yes i do, that was the first thought that crossed my mind... that i was getting feedback from someone who was spying on my computer or had developed a worm or some new kind of virus.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It just happened again.....this time a quick burst of garbled english. This is definitely unfunny.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hmmmm Garbled you say?

Dang it

Lesse if I can fix that

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Zorgon....(Mr. Spock) "I suggest you study this."http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Show/3961/isuggest.wav/ via realplayer. Zorgon, if you are really doing this, i am impressed. If you want to hear the last voice i heard, you can probably find it here.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well I did THIS one but its an ATS Media feature...

I can imagine eventually it will annoy everyone... Imagine more than one per page...

But in the meantime... no it's not a SPOOK in your computer

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I see you keep visiting the same well..... I salute your ingenuity and admit that it does add a new dimension to the experience here on ATS. Different messages make it more bearable.....but only just. Thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
As soon as I came in to read your thread I got the voice of Jean Luc Picard telling me my life was over and I was about to be assimilated by the Borg.

I've never had that happen before

Edit to add: it happened again after I put up this post - his name's Lercutius?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by berenike]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well I did THIS one but its an ATS Media feature...

I can imagine eventually it will annoy everyone... Imagine more than one per page...

But in the meantime... no it's not a SPOOK in your computer

Locutus wants me to service him, eh? That ain't gonna happen!

Nice touch Zorgon! That's a good message to play to let people know they are being assimilated

That seems more likely than the unshielded speaker wires picking up stray signals, however that is also quite possible under certain conditions (say if the speakers have their own amplifier external to the PC which some speakers do). In that case, the solution is to shield your speaker wires. Tinfoil works even better there than it does for a hat, I'm serious!

But if what you are really getting is more stuff like Zorgon's Locutus message, tinfoil won't stop that.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh, Gawd. Now don't I look like a twit?

I (obviously) didn't understand the 'conversation' between debris765nju and Zorgon.

Anyone want to put up a warning before they set these little traps that the computer-barely-literate can fall into

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That seems more likely than the unshielded speaker wires picking up stray signals, however that is also quite possible under certain conditions (say if the speakers have their own amplifier external to the PC which some speakers do). In that case, the solution is to shield your speaker wires. Tinfoil works even better there than it does for a hat, I'm serious!

Hmmm Well I used to be guilty of that too
I even was heard over someones phonograph (that's one of those old things that spun plastic discs that made sound come out) Seem somehow the needle acted as a speaker even when the power was off...

See in the 'old days' of CB I used to run a 1000 watt linear amp in the car. With the lollipop mike I could be heard...
I bet there are still a few out there today that recall cursing the "Cobra"

But today DARPA has a new toy... beam sound only you can hear directly into your brain... well okay your ear

www.thelivingmoon.com...

So if your walking down the street and you hear voices you are NOT crazy (well.... )

I hear voices: Could highly directional sound
advertising be the next big thing?

The technology, developed by the Holosonic Research Lab, uses a beam of ultrasound as a "virtual source", which changes into audible sound as it travels through the air. Please read the technology's inventor, F_J_Pompei's comment or visit the Holosonic Research Labs site to learn more.

The folks who heard the ad for A&E's TV show Paranormal State emitted from a billboard in New York City's Greenwich Village must have thought it was pretty weird. As they walked into the targeted area they were exposed to highly focused sound.

news.cnet.com...

You WILL be assimilated

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Could you set a sound recorder near your speakers or just record the sound that comes from your computers? I would really like to know what is said.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
what do they say ? if they say 'OMG OMG', must be smiley central, they are everywhere

joke kind of

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by debris765nju
I am scrolling downing the current threads on page 2 of ATS and voices of people i don't know start coming out of my speakers from my computer.

Ach Laddie ... yer imagining things
Just take two aspirins, get a good night sleep and come back in the morning...

Lol, when I open up this thread I was hearing voices too, I was like WTH until I saw your post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join