It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Darwinism and the big bang are theories that are impossible to prove. If you believe in them it is just that - belief, faith - the same as belief in aliens or God. Scientifically speaking I think we all understand that it is physically impossible to create matter from nothing. The big bang theory tells us the earth was formed through a mighty explosion of gasses in the universe (mixed with dust, etc) - so if this is true, where did that matter come from? And as others have said, if we were planted here by aliens, where did the aliens come from - no matter how you slice it you are going to find yourself at a point where you cannot scientifically prove how it all started so if you chose to believe in the current scientific theories you are choosing to have faith in them just as many of us choose to have faith in God.

On another point I think we too often confuse faith and religion. Religion and the rites, rituals and practices involved are clearly man-made. I personally belive thy have evolved through mans desire to control others. However, faith is very different - faith is simply believing in the unproven or unseen - in my case I have faith in God. I believe there is a God that created us all and no man-made rules or rituals will bring me greater insight into my creator than my own heart will.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
BK,
Thanks for your post and stayinng to the point.
CS

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm getting a strong sense your a designer of fuel systems of some sort.

Do you think God brought you to ATS?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Aliens. Statistically other life almost has to exist in the universe. God on the other hand, exists only in the minds of people.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
the moment you have enough I.Q. to become an atheist...than you have won against a thing that damages plenty people their lives:
superstitionous fear !

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
NGITU,
What purpose did your post serve? Why insult people because you don't believe? Why do atheists hang out so much on threads that talk about God?

EW
Did I miss something? Fuel systems?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
simply:because there are no gods !

i did not find any proof that there exist gods !
all i found were lies,fairey tales,cheat,murder,conspiracy and extreme cheap magical tricks any starting chemical student can make !

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
NGITU,
Again I see no purpose in your post. It seems that you rarely have anything of value to bring to the discussion.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
no,just stick to reality instead of whirling around with non facted explanations and mindluggage that does'nt fit in anywhere !
simple as that !

to convince me come to me with very hard proof...and after investigation i will tell you what i think about it.
as an atheist i am NOT chained to anything OTHERS tell me to believe it,fear it and idiolising it !

if i like to see clowns i'll go to the circus but not to roma !

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
to convince me come to me with very hard proof...and after investigation i will tell you what i think about it.
as an atheist i am NOT chained to anything OTHERS tell me to believe it,fear it and idiolising it !

if i like to see clowns i'll go to the circus but not to roma !

Well I don't think anyone has invited you to come. And there's no reason for me to change that. I am curious, what have you been drinking or smoking tonight. Must be good stuff!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

to convince me come to me with very hard proof...

It is a fool who says in their heart there is no GOD,

I agree with you when presented with such statements, this is peer pressure and Humiliation to get the listener to accept. The statement is taken your open to hearing so I can only suggest that instead of hearing LIES you go straight to the source. (GOD)

I've been sitting here wondering how or if I should respond to your message. My thought was that of people moving into my neighborhood and they had a child, only I didn't want to go and visit him. It turned out the child came to my door and knocked. From that point forward I've had a relationship with someone who only wishes me the best.

Another Humiliation is taking a large Knife and cutting off a person's head, why would God give life to this person and have it taken by those proclaiming to follow God, like the statement above each act to humiliate the person into accepting what they are doing is correct.

Proof, well my proof is just that mine. I too could have chosen not to believe in God but decided to look for myself. What I found is a personal relationship tailored just for me. ( pun intended ) A king and 3 tailors is what I was referring too, as only a fool could not see the cloth. Religion became the tailors who seek to sew a garment only a fool can't see. I chose not the nakedness of their singular view but rather went to my Father for advice. Until you have had a close encounter little can be said.

Aliens,

Perhaps the scoop mark on my left legs has something to do with proof on understanding if there is intelligent life in the universe or not. Or it just may be a scar from my youth that I have forgotten about? It's interesting as I have heard other people with simalar linguistics used, scoop mark.

Michael

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i have travelled all over the world ,including famous ancient spots.
i have seen original,spectaculare and real weird stuff but i have not found anything that gave me the proof of existing gods !

the more i looked into these religion things the more i found out that it always contained 2 parties !
the self declared leaders and the other side the poor minded whom were told that he told him the truth and they only were the real thing.
besides...i also can return also that my intelligence is abused and insulted when somebody forces me to believe in gods

ancient and also more modern religions go in a wide scale too of a spectrum full with fear.
just take the ones thinking a big ufo was following that comet that passed by a short while ago...or the ones dancing with vicious snipers...

in my opinion it's all inside their head !

the more mature your brain is evolving the less you have the need to
substitute you by a godsthingie superstition.

so i don't say i do not like some works the mayas and incas did but as you come to their religion to tear a beating heart out of their victims body just to please their sungod or as in the vatican some cuckoos decided some rules you even can't think it would adjust kiddies...

if we ever make contact with a high evolved civilisation from space (no matter what life forms they have) i think plenty people on earth will get
the shock of their life when all their gods fall off their pedestal !
(godendamerung ?!)

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
NGITU,
I'm glad you've travelled so much, but if you think that's how one finds God, then you are sadly mistaken! I'm not sure why you keep posting the same stuff, unless it's just for points, but it really doesn't add anything to the discussion. Quite frankly, I am very sad for you. From my perspective your life seems very empty!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i have beaten the mormons and the jehovas witnesses with my arguements...
they took me from their lists and when they visit my street they never ever come ringing my bell again !

now what would you think if you are been provocated allways by people claiming to have the real stuff for you...but hey...you have to believe them or else...you will dearly pay...

some people are so eager to prove that nature is such a thing it can not
be without creators or gods or whatever super controlling chief in charge....

how distastefull and insulting this is to doubt that the universum is just
in humane terms to be comprehended !!!!

it is all in your head and the aliens are part of your nightmares because of the fear created by the superstition !
you are a prisoner of your own brainwashed and chained brain...
as long as you don't have the guts to free yourself.

the fictioness ghosts,devils and aliens will be haunting you as long as you believe in them !

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

you are a prisoner of your own brainwashed and chained brain...
as long as you don't have the guts to free yourself.

It's funny...most of the loonies on this forum usually use this phrase when they're trapped into a debate or conversation they feel they cannot win. If you don't believe in their channeled alien spirits it's because you aren't open to the truth and your brainwashed by skeptics and you'll only "see" the truth when you're "truly ready".

Now I see a "skeptic" using the same phrase...maybe the loonies aren't limited to the believers as I had previously though. It seems loonies can be the skeptics as well.

[Edited on 5-23-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

they took me from their lists and when they visit my street they never ever come ringing my bell again !

No, you have beaten no one! The reason they don't call you is because they choose not to. Why might that be? People generally tend to ignore those who aren't too bright and very obnoxious. I like Preest's post to you. Even though I may disagree with him on many issues, he's right, you've defeated yourself in your self-absorbed rant. I've looked at some of your other posts on many threads and have found one common theme. Nonething of value was added. Too bad.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Maybe they think you're a nut? Maybe your breath stinks? Maybe you answering the door with womens underwear on scares them?

Beaten them though? Not likely. For every one of you they meet...they proselytize 3 others. I'd say they're still "bringing in the sheaves".

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
what brand alien is a sheave ??

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Preest,
I don't think he gets it! So sad.

CS

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Aliens are the more plausible. Wonder if they have their own unproveable God as well, and if we'll have little Tiamat Witnesses coming door-to-door?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join