It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Our God, by that I mean Mankind, is not necessarily The God-the big man right at the top.

You see the most logical conclusion is that we are the result of an alien genetic creation. Therefore our fathers are alien's but not specifically God's though to us they are godly simply because of their advanced abilities.

They however are undoubtedly looking for the Big man at the top too, who or whatever that is. So whilst our creators are tewchnically our Gods they are not our ultimate God's, the God of all things.

So mankind technically has two God's. Our fathers who created us- An advanced race(s), and the God who created them or the races that created the races that created them.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hello firiends:

What is harder to belive in God orAliens?
Well , I belive in God ...and Aliens. If you
go to the Bible you'll read about angels
appearing inside a lock cell and leaving
with paul ? and bur without alerting the guards
watching over the prisioner.(Sound a
little like alien encounter ah?)Or a bright
light and a voice appearing to sheperds.
Also chariots of fire in the skies (U.F.O.'S?)and
burning , talking bushes.
Why is then to some people so hard to belive that there
may be a real connection here?
What doe theword extraterestrial means , out of the
earth out of this world and God is NOT from this world.

Nox

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Pish.
You guys are all way off.

You and your false assertions.

The only logical explanation to this was that we, humans, were created by God. God was then abducted by aliens, which is why we don't see him today.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Aliens seem harder to believe in for me, as the only "proof" people seem to be able to get for their existance is a bunch of badly captured and mostly hoaxed movies.
God on the other end, becomes pretty visible if you go to a church, any church that believes in the powers of the Holy Ghost.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well said Jakko. From my perspective God is the highest power. He always was and always will be. while many tend to profess that "aliens" are the highest power, the fact is, they must have been created by an even higher power. God exists beyond the realm of both time and space. He is the uncaused "cause".

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
While the postulation of a God as a hypersentient being provides a nice explanation for the mere miracilous and awsome existence/creation of our universe, it just moves the question from "what created the universe?" to:
"what created God?"

If you can believe God can exist as an uncaused "cause", so can i believe that it might be possible that the universe is an uncaused "cause", however I don't have enough data/evidence to support this, nor do I see holy scriptures, such as the bible/quran/thora etc as hard evidence for the existance for one or more gods, so for the being, I will declare the cause of the universe as:unknown.

What I do know however is the 3D spacetime around me, the existence of other humans and creatures on this planet and the fact that Hubble space telescope etc. is increasingly gathering evidence that there might be millions of earthlike planets out there in that gigantic universe, again this would only be confirmed if we make actual First contact with Aliens or God(s), however I don't believe in many flying saucerer and element 115 stories, I bet most aliens have the same problem as us, being seperate by lightyears of distance.....

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by latinwolf
Hello firiends:

What is harder to belive in God orAliens?
Well , I belive in God ...and Aliens. If you
go to the Bible you'll read about angels
appearing inside a lock cell and leaving
with paul ? and bur without alerting the guards
watching over the prisioner.(Sound a
little like alien encounter ah?)Or a bright
light and a voice appearing to sheperds.
Also chariots of fire in the skies (U.F.O.'S?)and
burning , talking bushes.
Why is then to some people so hard to belive that there
may be a real connection here?
What doe theword extraterestrial means , out of the
earth out of this world and God is NOT from this world.

Nice thoughts latinwolf
...and what about the light that was so bright in the sky over where Yashua was born that the shepards saw???...and the voices. I remember a bible story about when the spirit of YHVH left the temple the priests heard a loud voice saying "We are departing"...this story coincides with a Sumerian one of the Annunaki's final leaving and they heard the Elohim say loudly from the temple "We are departing".

Maybe God made the Aliens, too. And...what about cell division and human cloning??? Didn't God make cell division...didn't he give us the ablility to accomplish anything that we imagine?

Couldn't God have created everything on earth, flowers, fish, animals...everyting by cloning?

ANd, Mary saw a bright light and then was told that she was with child. Couln't Mary, being a virgin, have been abducted and impregated with YHVH's clone? That would make Christ one flesh with him...and to look upon him was to look upon the father....cause Jesus was a clone!

Too many similarities....I astonishes me that so many people refuse to even consider the facts.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures

If you can believe God can exist as an uncaused "cause", so can i believe that it might be possible that the universe is an uncaused "cause", however I don't have enough data/evidence to support this.........
[edit on 11-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

The universe cannot be an "uncaused cause". Matter cannot create matter, therefore, there was something else that was responsible - the real "uncaused cause". God was not created. God has always existed and will always continue to exist. This is doctrine within most religions and is one of the mysteries of faaith.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OR DISbelieve in either ... maybe they are there, maybe they are not.
I think most the reason people don't believe in God is as children we are made to go to church and it is a sorta rebellion.
As for aliens .... it woudl be egotistical to think that in all this space we are the only ones.

*Z*

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I believe in God, but not as "human creator" -I think that part belongs to aliens. God seems to me more like FORCE or ENERGY (this are the closest words I can think of). I think if we were created by God we wouldn�t have so many imperfections -that way it is easy for me to see us as "second hand" product with only a piece of original spirit.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
I think if we were created by God we wouldn�t have so many imperfections -that way it is easy for me to see us as "second hand" product with only a piece of original spirit.

Interesting thought but, I believe the imperfections in mankind are a result of our own doing. Much of this is based on our free will and the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. God gave us free will. The way we use that free will is what leads to trouble. Besides if aliens were created by God and the aliens in turn "made" the human race, I think they would have turned out something better than a "second hand" product - especially with as much credit as we give them for superior intelligence.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
First and foremost, one needs to make the separation between the bible and god. There are far too many religions out there to begin with to constrain the topic to one vaguely written book doesn't mean the same thing today as it did a couple thousand years ago.

If you wanna take it at the most basic fundamental level, god's existence to me as an uncaused cause is pretty much set in stone. Matter can't create matter under the natural contraints of this universe. God doesn't require a cause, because god isn't matter and god existed before the universe. Actually, 'before' isn't even the proper term to use, as there was no space or time element to constrain his existence. He's existed 'forever' in a transcendal state.

All this has probably been stated before in this disgustingly bulbous thread, and my grasp of the philosophical arts is far from sound, but this is just how I feel. I don't know how aliens could be placed ahead of god using basic logic. I suppose one could sort through all the hearsay and bad photographs until they find something solid enough to make them feel confident about the whole thing - really, that's the only thing these alien buffs have going for themselves at this point.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree with much of what you say except separating God from the Bible. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is also the foundation for Jews, Christians and Muslims.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Agreed. The Bible is God's teaching. If God hadn't given us the Bible we would never be able to learn of Him and know Him.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I agree with much of what you say except separating God from the Bible. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is also the foundation for Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Well, yeah, Jews have the old testament. I was under the impression Islam had some other book whose name I can't pronounce at the moment. In any case, most people seem to criticize Christianity and the bible (as the word of god) in an attempt to negate god's existence. I think Christianity is retarded but I am none the less a firm creationist.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlterEgo
Agreed. The Bible is God's teaching. If God hadn't given us the Bible we would never be able to learn of Him and know Him.

You don't know that. The bible may lay claim to being the word of God interpreted by man, but there's no proof. Sure, we wouldn't quite have the exact definition of a Christian god without the bible, but who's to say the Christian definition is the right one.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purecanadiantrash

Originally posted by AlterEgo

You don't know that. The bible may lay claim to being the word of God interpreted by man, but there's no proof. Sure, we wouldn't quite have the exact definition of a Christian god without the bible, but who's to say the Christian definition is the right one.

Thats true, infact Christianities Diety is actually fairly young compared to many of the other dieties like the ones from Buddhiusm, Paganism, Hinduism....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This thread goes way too far with over 800 posts, and so on...

How about considering the raw facts, that God(s) were actually aliens?

Imagine the situation of those anctient people, who strongly believed in the God(s), and they even helped the people/individuals when they most needed help.... it's actually nothing more, than what we experience in today's world, regarding aliens. Now we call it paranormal phenomena, those days they called it God's operation.

So what's the sifference between telepathic transmission and the word of God? Well, either that telepathy doesn't exist, or that God was talking to ppl through telepathy. Therefore, the selected people heard God's voice, and they were sure that God was in touch with them. How come, that today we don't experience anything like this? Perhaps we do, but we are aware of the existance of telepathy. Only ignorant people will recognize telepathic transmissions as the voice of God. Well, it is not.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Vertu - this is more or less the idea, I think -if you look trough different myths you can imagine that God/s could be an Alien race. Example : Annuaki, Dogon beliefs....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
PCT,
If you look back in the Old Testament you will find the begining of Islam. Additionally, Christianity includes both the New and Old Testaments. The New Testament is a continuation - not a replacement - of Scripture.

WOW,
The Christian "Deity" is God in the person of the Father and the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. This goes back to the begining of time - the first of God's human creation - Adam and Eve. Therefore it's incorrect to say that other religions have been around longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join