It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Way too true!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Okay, here's mine, for whatever it's worth

You posited: "There's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien.

"Life comes from Life." There is no other derivation. There is no machine that produces living beings, let alone living souls. God MUST BE "out there." We CALL "those who are out there" by the term "Aliens" because they are not here. Apparently, from scripture, God cannot BE here because he is toxic to our environment. He would kill us by His very Presence among us.

"Many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it."

God is responsible for the effects that His Word creates in time and space. He has placed His Name--YHVH--on the Hebrew/Aramaic "Scriptures," and so those writings are what we have to rely on to know anything about Him. Some people don't want to do this? Well, that's their choice.

"Why? If God is an alien, then who created him?"

In my meditations, this is what I have come to understand about the origin and role of "God." And this is totally beyond what is in Scripture, so take it with a grain of salt. But this is what I KNOW:

"God" is a title, not a personal name. It is the title given by the Eternal Beings of this Universe to The ONE WHO dominates over All of Them by His Thoughts [just as an Alpha Female dominates over a pack of wolves].

There are many Eternal Entities of His Kind. They ARE Light; they generate Particles by accelerating thoughts along the coil of their spine. In this way, "Aeonians" create matter by accelerating Thoughts to Light speed; AND, all precipitated Matter is merely precipitated Thought.

Aeonians are telepathic, clair audient and clair voyant. They can communicate across space--hearing thoughts, feelings, and seeing the face of the One whose frequency they happen to be receiving at the moment. All of them have this ability. That is why some humans also have this ability.

But due to YHVH's history, His thoughts are louder and more persistent than the rest of Them. He has obtained the mysteries of DNA, of photosynthesis, of heredity, and of progressing the focus of a mind from infancy through Ascendancy. That's why HE is God, and the rest of His Race are NOT--due to HIS knowledge, wisdom and skill.

"If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy?"

Reptiles are the most primitive predators in any material creation. They are ALPHAS by definition, left-brain dominant and will-dominant. They start-OFF any PHYSICAL planetary creation. This is because, in the beginning of any and every physical environment, life is very peculiar to the situation. It takes a reptile, multiplying prodigiously and killing ruthlessly for food, to survive and thrive.

Later, environments change and mollify and become pacific. And when that happens, reptiles get bored and begin killing indiscriminately out of ennui and sheer boredom. They want more action!

That is what has occurred on this planet. The Reptilian spirits that were so essential in the beginning of this earthly creation are now bored to tears and simply consume and plunder and pillage because they have nothing more interesting to do. And this is why God must now clean most of them off the planet, so that the more pacific species and breeds can, in turn, proliferate and live in relative peace. This is WHY the Book of Revelation tells of removing The DRAGON.

"At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief. "

That single Book is not sufficient for a will-spirit to KNOW God. Each One must practice telepathic communication with God [called PRAYER]; or he or she is simply going through the motions of spiritual practice.

Am I making any sense to you?

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
To a person like myself that hasn't ever had any "real" experience to my knowledge with either God or Aliens, they are both extremely hard to fathom.

Sure, both have their evidence but both forms of evidence have any amount of flaws that equal the "proofs".... this is not something that I can understand.

~The Bible (And many other scriptures) = The best evidence that there is a God... But those were writen thousands of ages before I was born, and since "jesus" hasn't came to the earth lately (What, 2004 years..), I find this beyond belife. Beyond what I have been taught. Beyond what "professionals" would in todays world call sanity.

I mean it really, think about that.... If there was a man in todays world that claimed that he was speaking to "God" (Happens all the time) and that he was the messiah (this too), and that all you had to do was love and accept him and we will all be saved (Cults, Manson, ect)... This man would be locked up into a cell for the rest of his life, and there is thousands of people that do this every year... ARE THE "PROFESSIONALS/HEADSHRINKERS" MISS-DIAGNOSING THE "MESSIAH" FOR THE LAST 2004 YEARS? OR WAS THE ORIGINAL "MESSIAH" JUST ANOTHER CRAZY? This is a serious question that I would like and explanation for. What Im trying to say is that I have never had a personal experience with "god", so therefore how am I even supposed to know what "faith" is supposed to feel like? Is this is? Im trying real hard but I dont feel anything different, and I dont see anything so what is it that Im trying to do here? Its like being sold a product from the worst salesmen that a company could find, one that does not speak, hear, have any emotion or even acknowledge that YOU are there. I personaly find this almost disrepectfull if there is a god that he would not have said a word in 2000 years.... Or maybe he is, and the "proffesionals/headsrinkers" are putting the message carriers in cells.

~Aliens = Videos and abduction accounts..... I have yet to see one video that "proves" anything. But at least we are getting something from this conspiracy. Something that we can use as a tool to find the truth, even if we dont find the truth. The only "way to find the truth" in religion is the have blind faith, which in this day and age is just non-sence IMO.

So in conclusion; I find aliens to be more beliveable since I have seen pictures and videos, and seen/read accounts of "abductees"... Even though these could all be fake, at least there I can make that decision for myself. There is a constant flow of alien evidence coming in, and the last evidence Ive seen for there being a god was the bible and a man that we are not even sure would have been called "sain" in todays world of headsrinking and knowledge of rational thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
That was an excellent reply, I couldn't have said it better myself!! Perhaps all of gods "messengers" are being locked up in a mad house, how are we supposed to belive, so when I did, if I go up to heavens gate and god says I didnt belive and sends me to hell, I might just want this little chat with him first!!

Serriously, why cant he do something, like drink the worlds oceans through a straw and spit it out again?? something like that WOULD be beliveable!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts. It's not right to be looking for miracles and signs. Scripture tells us that. The second thing, and perhaps most important, is that God does not send anyone to hell. Those in hell are those that chose to be there by there actions and the use of their free will.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I would like tho think that they both exist........... but who knows.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well basically with God you have a whole lot of people WHO WANT TO BELIEVE.
No evidence what so ever.

Then you have literally millions of abduction reports, and the Disclosure Project.

I mean the guys in the Disclosure Project, are saying they actually know for a fact.
With religious people they say "they just know" most of them havent claimed to of seen God, the people that claim to have seen or spoken with god for the most part are insane.

Of course its likely there is other life in the universe, of course its likely they would visit our planet.

The fact is, even if there is some god, HE IS NOT WORTH WORSHIPPING.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I believe there is a God, why? Well to be totally honest, I hear way too much about ghostly encounters, which suggests if there is such a thing as a soul/ghost, then there is a high chance there's a God. There's too much evidence to support the spiritual side of things, to dismiss God. If you don't believe in him fine, your life. But just remember the evidence is staring right at you.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm young, 17,coming of age, as you will. And I really dont know what to think. I dont want to base my life around some book that was chosen by the romans 2,000 years ago, just because, but it pains me to think about no life after death. We were born here to die, and our onlyreal goal in life is to make a baby, so they can make a baby, then die. But maybe thats what it is, maybe the religions are just made to comfort us, so our minds are taken away from our fears of our own deaths. we're the only real species that appears to be aware of our own forecoming mortality. As for proof, it really is all about perspective. If you want to believe in something hard enough, you'll find proof. People can argue both ways for aliens and god. But there really is enough proof forboth, if your willing to see it as proof. But proof is really a relative thing, for example, miracles. People see a "miracle" happen (lets say the whole old water turning to blood thing) and those that really want to believe in god say "its an act of god", those that really dont want to believe in god say "Its just microbes in the water flooding the area." So really, when the only thing to proove either side is realitive "proof", there really isnt much of a difference in the probability of either being right or wrong.

But about the whole religion made to calm the fear of mortality thing, ever notice that almost all people getting into their old adult stage of life (50+) they start "finding god", its just because theyre afraid of the looming destruction of their mortal corpse, and they need to hold onto something to calm them.

Its all just one big trivia thing
-Birth-Sex-Death-

Nox

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I belong to no religion.

I'm pro-choice. I support gay marriage. I'm all of those things a Christian is not. I can't fit myself in any religion.

I'm a skeptic for almost everything. I firmly believe that anything scientific and anything that should be pursued in the name of science should be falsifiable, and preferably provable using logic, reasoning, experimentation, and/or a scientific method.

Having said that. I am strongly theistic. I strongly believe in the existence of God. It's almost as though it was wired into my very genes. My belief in God, viewed in such a way, could be seen as a psychological disorder, it's obsessive at the very least. I can't explain it. I've actually tried reasoning my way out of believing in God. I can't. That's just the sad honest truth. I guess some people are just hard-wired to believe in God.

An even scarier notion. I feel like I'm hardwired to believe that God did take a mortal form once. Perhaps this means that I SHOULD believe in Jesus. I honestly don't like this at all.
It makes me feel like a hypocrite because I should be Christian, but I'm not.

I also believe in the existence of aliens. That is just based on probability and logic, and has nothing to do with faith.

I can't control my faith.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i think all the angels in the bible and stuff propably are aliens but primitive humans interpreted them as gods or higher forms of life.but god was probably invented to give some hope to their life and represent someones feelings about life and how people should act.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Might as well add my 2 pence...

Well, I beleive neither for certain. For me, the "God" argument would be nice to beleive in, its very comforting to think this, but then WHY are there so many different beleifs? So many other religions for one so-called God? Some religions with more than one? Bible? Could have been writen by anyone. What I would like to get my hands on is the original in the Vatican. Apparently it tells of the coming of the end in far more detail than has been released to the general public, knowledge that tell precisley of the end. I want to know...

Aliens, well, I won't beleive as the strange things I have seen could be anything. Secret military projects, other nations secret spy projects, who knows? But there is more evidence for this. Abductions, stuff getting disclosed, UFO 'dogfights' over the USSR (American stuff getting shot up?:lol
And not to mention the Roswell crash thingy. Also, anchient UFO landing pads in the amazons, and carvings of Aliens. Those landing areas they built suggest they had clsoer relations with the Aliens, possibly as they were less scared of them than we are today. Intersting, shame no more evidence has survied.

And Ghosts/Spirits? I've had first hand encounters, so I beleive of course. Hell, whats to say these are skips between two overlapping dimensions or Heaven doesn't really exist but we stay here in another form? (That would suck, IMO.
) Meh, either way, there is ALOT we don't know about on Earth before we go skipping off into space. Know your own planet before invading someone elses, eh?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbriefs
Yeah I've definetely have thought of that too, even more so after reading the 12th Planet; although now I've read that it's a hoax text. Anybody know something about that? (Sorry OT I think)

I havn't heard (yet) that the 12th planet was a hoax text. I do believe that the Elohim referred to in the bible and in the Sumarian texts was a group of "Gods", more specifically scientists. Genesis states "Let US make man in OUR image". I believe that the Sumerian and Hebrew word for Elohim (the "US" in Genesis) is a pleural word and can not be translated any other way. I do believe that these Elohim had a supreme leader (our God?). I believe that the Elohim, which I consider to be angels, made all of life on earth today. All the animals, all the beautiful colors and everything we see in nature. This group of god-scientists must have included talented artists among them. How did they do it? Cloning??? Cell division??? The Mormons believe this also. Infact, the Mormans believe that a Council of Gods designed this earth and that God came from the planet Kolob and, similarly, the Sumerians beieve that these Elohim came from a planet called Niburu...or was it Marduk? (the 12th planet). They both believe that this planet will return. Abraham makes references to Kolob when God but his hand over his eyes and showed him the entire universe and all the stars. He told him that Kolob was the one closest to him (God). Anyway, I love this topic!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There is an old Jewish story of a God of Light that created over 270 worlds of light. All are connected by a vine of light. This was achieved as writen in Enoch by an advanced mechanical means-science. One day in the vine is as one thousand years on a planet. So if the spirit leaves this world and years pass on earth befor their loved ones join them only moments have passed to the one that died first. The story goes on that one must pass through Soul Prison by re-birth until their Soul and Spirit can over come the beastial flesh and progress to another world within the vine.
In this version, Satan was a General of the army of light. The vine passes through dimensions of darkness and some times it destroyes the Sons of Darkness (gargoyles, reptiles) by the vines movement. When Satan led other angels on a secret Rest and Relaxation they bred with Ademic man or the Daughters of Man. When Eve took of the fruit she had sex with Satan thus her first son Cain (the murderer). She brought Adam to Satan so Adam tried out what Eve was so fond of, yes sex with Satan. This is what got them kicked out of Eden - Homosexual acts. What good is a breading colony of homosexuals? So Adams son was Able and he was murdered because Satans son hated the competing bloodline. So the was has gone on between the Jewish blood of Seth and the Arab blood of Cain.
That is the short version. Oh, so we are the aliens from space. This planet has frog like creatures that are Watchers. But that is long story. The Son of the Creator is the way to enter the vine and escape re-birth by going to a better planet with far fewer Asses.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
while this has likely been said in the previous 50 some pages, i dont think it is fair to blame this randomized existence on an intelligent being or superbeing. and then you obviously must ask yourself who created him, and who created the guy who created him and so on.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 77
When Satan led other angels on a secret Rest and Relaxation they bred with Ademic man or the Daughters of Man. When Eve took of the fruit she had sex with Satan thus her first son Cain (the murderer). She brought Adam to Satan so Adam tried out what Eve was so fond of, yes sex with Satan. This is what got them kicked out of Eden - Homosexual acts. What good is a breading colony of homosexuals? So Adams son was Able and he was murdered because Satans son hated the competing bloodline. So the was has gone on between the Jewish blood of Seth and the Arab blood of Cain.
That is the short version. Oh, so we are the aliens from space. This planet has frog like creatures that are Watchers. But that is long story. The Son of the Creator is the way to enter the vine and escape re-birth by going to a better planet with far fewer Asses.

I have heard the story of the "Sons of God" mating with the daughters of men. I have also read (in the Lost Books of the Bible) that the original sin was sex with satan, basically, an orgie. Also that the blood line of Cain was that of Lucifer and that the bloodline of Able (and Seth) the pure bloodline of Adam (the Jewish bloodline).
Here is where I become confused...I thought that the "Arab bloodline" began with Abraham's firstborn son by Sarah's hand maiden...I believe his name was Ishmael???? Handmaiden and son were banished from Abraham's encampment at Sarah's request due to Ishmael causing trouble with Isacc, Abraham's and Sarah's son. They were sent into the desert and an messenger appear to them and showed them where to dig a well and the Arab nation was born.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You are correct of course. The blood line of Satan would be a smaller group but would seem to be within the Arab line from the account in Enouch.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Cherish, Have you seen anything in your readings conerning direction to:
Make my home of earth.
but if you must use unworked stone.
but if you must use unhuen wood.
But make my home of earth.

It was writen in Sumerian (repeditive) form and is linked to gathering points or "depots" for people to gather for the "Rapture" or gathering along geometric lines of force pointing just North West of Jerusalem. I do not recall the text it was in. Can you or anyone else here help?

I am also interested in any information on the emerald tablet. It is said to be the power source for the arc of the covenent. I have a couple of hunches for it's hiding place. If ever there is a key to the question of God's origin and intent it lies in the ancient wisdom of the prvious ages of civilization. From what I have found there is a "gathering or Rapture" to the same location to enter the vine of light by taking on bodies of crystal filled with vapor that gives off light, just prior to the destruction of civilization. The Mayans claimed we will see this for the fifth time at the end of 2012.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well actually by definition God is an Alien whatever he is-assuming he/she/it exists.

So when some people suggest is God an Alien? well...yes he is no matter how you look at it he is not earth born, he is not human(Obviously) and is therefore Alien.

Its quite amusing when you think about it, your parents, my parents, laugh at our belief in Alien life yet it is they who attend a church each week to worship one?!.....Ohhhh the irony.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Lemmie see here.

God, a spooky, invisable, absentee creator who doesn't mind opression and really likes death.

Aliens, who fly around our skies freaking us out, sometimes abducting people and probing them anally.

Not such a hard choice...

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join