It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Most people who need "spiritual guidance" would be better off seeing a psychiatrist. Religion is no substitute for medicine or psychology. In fact, people are most vulnerable/gullible when they're at their weakest. That's when they really want to believe there's help, in any shape, fashion, or form. It's easy for people to be misled into the world of fantasy, in search of some comfort.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Damned]

In every religious community you have to prove to be part of it. It's not enough to go to church and listen to the priest, but it's better if you take role in various task, so that you ensure your position in the community. This is a natural human act that works in school, or at job, or in various communities.

Being Christian is not "that" bad, as many ppl say, there are far "worst" religions that Christianity. Of course if someone can keep independency, that is quite amazing, and useful. Being part of a religious group doesn't mean that you are part of a horde of pigs.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
'I don't want no computer chip in my arm
I don't wanna die by a nuclear bomb
I say we all rush the pentagon, pull out guns
And grab the intercom, my first word's will be I believe
Man made God, outta ignorance and fear
If God made man, then why the hell would he put us here?
I thought he's supposed to be the all loving
The same God who let Hitler put the Jews in the oven?'
- Dead Prez, Propaganda

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
In every religious community you have to prove to be part of it. It's not enough to go to church and listen to the priest, but it's better if you take role in various task, so that you ensure your position in the community. This is a natural human act that works in school, or at job, or in various communities.

Being Christian is not "that" bad, as many ppl say, there are far "worst" religions that Christianity. Of course if someone can keep independency, that is quite amazing, and useful. Being part of a religious group doesn't mean that you are part of a horde of pigs.

All religions which claim there can only be one god are equally as bad, IMO. I can't tell you how many times I've been shocked by supposed christians who think it should be allowed to stone people, as the bible says.
Yes, it does indeed mean you are a part of a horde of pigs, IMO.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
'I don't want no computer chip in my arm
I don't wanna die by a nuclear bomb
I say we all rush the pentagon, pull out guns
And grab the intercom, my first word's will be I believe
Man made God, outta ignorance and fear
If God made man, then why the hell would he put us here?
I thought he's supposed to be the all loving
The same God who let Hitler put the Jews in the oven?'
- Dead Prez, Propaganda

No!!!! Don't say that! U know something... alot of people give up on god because they have miserable life, then they decide that god let them down. Purpose of US on EARTH is to learn! Your soul chose YOUR body, your life to acheive knowledge....(living on earth is a bit like school)....u have to get tough moments to get something out of it. But if we knew that, life would be very less painful. Everything u live has a purpose...When u die u r HAPPY that u learned it, even if it was hard and then u thank god for it! U have to see it that way

You are a spirit, part of the Godforce who has incarnated into a body on Earth at this time, in order to experience human life. If you can imagine the Divine Godforce as a huge energy force that is all knowing, all powerful and all loving, then realise that you are part of that Divine energy. A small droplet of light, that is part of the greater ocean of cosmic love and knowledge.

You volunteered to visit Earth and incarnate into a human body, to gain greater knowledge of how it feels to be a woman or man. You have already experienced what it is like to be a foetus, a baby, a child and a teenager. As your life progresses you will find out what it is like to be an adult and then an elderly person and then finally discard the fragile aged body and return to the great Ocean of Divinity, to share your knowledge.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Love u all so much!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

All religions which claim there can only be one god are equally as bad, IMO. I can't tell you how many times I've been shocked by supposed christians who think it should be allowed to stone people, as the bible says.
Yes, it does indeed mean you are a part of a horde of pigs, IMO.

This is too general, I think. Believing in one God or in more gods, will not affect the social desire of the participants. Polytheists can also think (as individuals), that death penalty is right (in that barbarian manner), and fanatism is far different from true religion. The Islam rejects suicide bombing and terrorism, still have you seen what they done on 911 2001? It would be too general to say, that the arabian religions are teaching terrorists (on the other hand, some do).

Those people who cannot accept anything else than the Bible, are simply ignorant. That's not related to religion.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I believe it would be mathematically impossible for there not to be aliens or other planets capable of supporting life. God on the other hand.. though there may be a genuine 'force' at work which I admit I do feel.. it may be also be just a desire we developed to help us evolve mentally- an evolutionary carrot which we'll probably chase to the ends of the universe.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is too general, I think. Believing in one God or in more gods, will not affect the social desire of the participants. Polytheists can also think (as individuals), that death penalty is right (in that barbarian manner), and fanatism is far different from true religion. The Islam rejects suicide bombing and terrorism, still have you seen what they done on 911 2001? It would be too general to say, that the arabian religions are teaching terrorists (on the other hand, some do).

Those people who cannot accept anything else than the Bible, are simply ignorant. That's not related to religion.

The reason I say that, is because those who believe there can only be one god, are those who have historically killed the most people who don't believe in the "correct" god. It's still happening. Religion is superstition, which is a character trait of most ignoramuses, IMO.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Religion is superstition, which is a character trait of most ignoramuses, IMO.

You got post number 666, you're obviously working for the devil.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The reason I say that, is because those who believe there can only be one god, are those who have historically killed the most people who don't believe in the "correct" god. It's still happening. Religion is superstition, which is a character trait of most ignoramuses, IMO.

You are being very religious with your anti-religious and anti-god statements, following one after the other. Perhaps you should heed to your own advice and see a psychiatrist.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

You are being very religious with your anti-religious and anti-god statements, following one after the other. Perhaps you should heed to your own advice and see a psychiatrist.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

I find it interesting, that most people are "religious" in some form. Whether you believe in God, career or yourself, it's quite the same...!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I find it interesting, that most people are "religious" in some form. Whether you believe in God, career or yourself, it's quite the same...!

I think you're confusing methodical or systematic with religious. Religious has to do with a devotion to a deity. It's not quite the same, if you don't practice the service and worship of "god" or the supernatural.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
is there a specific forum for ghost, or do i kinda mix it in with aliens?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I think you're confusing methodical or systematic with religious. Religious has to do with a devotion to a deity. It's not quite the same, if you don't practice the service and worship of "god" or the supernatural.

Religion is simply a set of belifs. It does not require a deity as in your
case. To hold fast to a set of beliefs and close your mind is symptomatic
of all the religions I've encountered.

Me? I just want to know the truth. I try to not let my beliefs get in the
way.

Cheers...

[edit on 23-10-2004 by TruthCanHurt]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
After having read many posts on religious conspiracies and aliens, I've noticed a number of things. First of all, we seem to have a large nummber of atheists on ATS. Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien. Third, many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it.

And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading well thought out accounts of the reasons behind many of the beliefs that I question.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
Religion is simply a set of belifs. It does not require a deity as in your
case. To hold fast to a set of beliefs and close your mind is symptomatic
of all the religions I've encountered.

Me? I just want to know the truth. I try to not let my beliefs get in the
way.

Cheers...

We all know "religion" is associated with the belief in the supernatural, or blind faith in religion itself. My opinions are based on my real life observations. It has nothing to do with faith or the supernatural. Look at the definitions. There isn't one definition that hasn't to do with supernatural or religious belief.

www.m-w.com...
www.m-w.com...

Sorry, you can't call me religious, literally. That would be an oxymoron if ever there was one.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtmeyers66
And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to believe that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

What difference does this make? Either way, you're still stuck with the question of who made the creator. This is why the creationism theory doesn't hold any logic. It's so much easier to believe that a creator wasn't necessary. If one was, then something had to have created it to. Much tradition is based upon flawed or false info, historically.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No Damned.
There is no difference between "what created a creator" and "what created first creation" and "what created the creator of the creator".

In my opinion humans will just have to get it into their little heads there WAS a creator that always was and always will be, that created everything.

MJ

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief. So uhm,, what supports the Bible ? Oh come on, ur not going to say , it supposrts it self.. ok,, Aliens existance suports itself too. Now we have both made sense.

When the automobile was created , it was a sin,, when the telephone was invented , it was a sin,, when tv was invented it was a sin, when the PC was invented it was a sin, When the hurricanes hit Florida some moron behind a pulpit said it was God's rath on Florida for having Gay people.. whew, I have more than I can stand of BS for the the sake of CONTROL. So im sure some clown with a preachers's license would say that YOU sinned for having participated in this forum. I dont stand for some organized crock of crap church and its "actors" interpreting The Bible to the end that fits their ignorant or evil means.

Now I will pass the "take" tray and take it to pay on the sanctuary's limosine u pay for just for my use and my house payment on my million dollar mansion cause Im so humble before the Lord. Dig deep into your pockets and the one who gives the most Ill pray for you first.

People come to my door selling candy etc etc for their church, but NONE ever ask me to come to their dammed church. Cause religion is all about money and control. and if they dont llike your looks or if ur intelligent or poor ur nobody of any value to their lil scheme.

Did u really expect every one to be on the defensive to ur crap attacking ATS forum posters? Obviously you were mistaken.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJ
At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief. So uhm,, what supports the Bible ? Oh come on, ur not going to say , it supposrts it self.. ok,, Aliens existance suports itself too. Now we have both made sense.

When the automobile was created , it was a sin,, when the telephone was invented , it was a sin,, when tv was invented it was a sin, when the PC was invented it was a sin, When the hurricanes hit Florida some moron behind a pulpit said it was God's rath on Florida for having Gay people.. whew, I have more than I can stand of BS for the the sake of CONTROL. So im sure some clown with a preachers's license would say that YOU sinned for having participated in this forum. I dont stand for some organized crock of crap church and its "actors" interpreting The Bible to the end that fits their ignorant or evil means.

Now I will pass the "take" tray and take it to pay on the sanctuary's limosine u pay for just for my use and my house payment on my million dollar mansion cause Im so humble before the Lord. Dig deep into your pockets and the one who gives the most Ill pray for you first.

People come to my door selling candy etc etc for their church, but NONE ever ask me to come to their dammed church. Cause religion is all about money and control. and if they dont llike your looks or if ur intelligent or poor ur nobody of any value to their lil scheme.

Did u really expect every one to be on the defensive to ur crap attacking ATS forum posters? Obviously you were mistaken.

I've never supported the Bible. Is there any evidence to prove what is written? No. I don't believe there's some supernatural being who created everything. Our theories nowadays basically disprove a lot of things in the Bible. And I'll tell you this...if there is indeed a God, then he is a cruel God that does not deserve worship.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There is proof of aliens and their Existence on Earth. If you wish to believe it.There are over 9,000 crop circles. 1974 was sent a message hoping that some other entities would reply. in this message was described our dna, solar system, population, looks and height. In the message that was almost identical to the messege sent from earth,was printed in a crop circle 28years later it explained that their life is on mars, earth and on the four moons of Jupiter. It showed that there was about 9 billion more in population. and that they were about half our height. THIS IS PROOF that there are life forums out there and that they do wish to communicate with us. why is our government trying to hide this information from us? Why are they hiding their message? It could be there way of offering spiritual guidance to our Corrupted world. There was also another crop circle found, when decoded with the special type of scripture called Aski. they found a message:

Beware the bearers of FAUSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. much PAIN. but still times. BELIVE. there is still GOOD out there. We appose deception. COduet CLOSING,

now... there is a lot of hidden information within this message. but the most puzzling thing of it all, is the comma that ends this message ... this means that there is still more to come.

This is very exciting. I highly recommend you all watch these two videos by Joseph E. Manson
www.greatdreams.com...
The only proof there is of "God" is a single book.
Im one to belive in proof. And there's a hell of a lot more proof on aliens then there will ever be of our so called "God"
but hey... i could be wronge.

new topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join