It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i think that god might command aliens. you know all that eziekiel stuff.
the bible's full with stuff like that

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nigeddie
Close your eyes...............all you see is pitch black. Before anything was created this was how it was like. Just pitch black. There was absolutely nothing then all a sudden God is created? How is that possible? If you close you eyes and think a lot about it, it feels weird. Im a new member

The problem of something coming out of nothing will always remain, wether you believe in God and aliens or not.

You don't believe God has always been there? Then do you believe the universe has always been there?
If you don't believe the universe has always been there, then who/what set things in motion?

Ruling out the existance of a God because you think God had to be created by something, means ruling out the existance of a universe all together.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This topic is still extremely interesting!!! Anybody ever thought, that in the past aliens were "playing" the Gods? And that the people were really in touch with those gods physically and mentally?

Because if this can be proven, then we recieve a whole bunch of answers, and an impact of questions...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why is it people still question "belief" in aliens......Someone who is still convinced that we are the only intelligent species out there, is probably still believing in tooth fairy and santa......seriously you have to be pretty naive to think were the only things out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by krackel
Why is it people still question "belief" in aliens......Someone who is still convinced that we are the only intelligent species out there, is probably still believing in tooth fairy and santa......seriously you have to be pretty naive to think were the only things out there.

Most humans believe that they are the only ones above all, and that there is nobody else except the God/s. In fact, this is normal, the human mind is programmed that way, to reject anything new.. there isn't anything weird about that...!!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Most humans believe that they are the only ones above all, and that there is nobody else except the God/s. In fact, this is normal, the human mind is programmed that way, to reject anything new.. there isn't anything weird about that...!!
since when are our beliefs programmed into us? Since I was a kid I knew ETs were out there..... "A child is born with no state of mind"

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

[since when are our beliefs programmed into us? Since I was a kid I knew ETs were out there..... "A child is born with no state of mind"

Now u understand that SOCIETY, religions and government wants to control us and keep the real truth far from us...it'S THEIR fault!!!!!!!!!!!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
Now u understand that SOCIETY, religions and government wants to control us and keep the real truth far from us...it'S THEIR fault!!!!!!!!!!!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
yeah, but they dont really suceed 100% of the time, if they were that efficient, we wouldnt be typing this or reading this....

[edit on 19-10-2004 by krackel]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

since when are our beliefs programmed into us? Since I was a kid I knew ETs were out there..... "A child is born with no state of mind"

Just keep it in mind: too many people are sceptical..! Do you think, it's a coincidence? Or is it being learnt?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Just keep it in mind: too many people are sceptical..! Do you think, it's a coincidence? Or is it being learnt?
deifnately I think there is a huge dis-information effort, but I question how effective it is, Human spirit is hard to repress, but youre right they sure do have the majority of people fooled

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
God is harder to believe in. Aliens, no, because we already know of one planet where live evolved, so I dont think it would be too much of a leap of "faith" to assume that somewhere among the countless planets and solar systems, that life has sprung up too. Its hard to believe in something that is beyond rational, logic, thought. Doesnt mean a "God" doesnt exist, Its impossible to know, I however, dont believe that one does.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
Doesnt mean a "God" doesnt exist, Its impossible to know, I however, dont believe that one does.

Just imagine, that those aliens can see what you think (on a technological basis), and they can even punish you if you do (or think of stg) guilty, and if you don't kneel before their golden statue every Saturday... no joke, they might get angry and a hurricane may wipe your house...

If we think of that aliens are capable to do this, then the existance of God/s is extremely serious. It's only a matter of "which alien species play" the role of God/s on you.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sure, I guess you could consider them Gods. I still dont believe that, though. Even if it were true, I dont think my life would change much, so it really wouldnt matter either way.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Guys, the point is that we in our present state of evolution, only think in terms of 4 dimensions (which includes TIME). We arn't capable of even imagining what other dimensions are like. God? The fact is we cannot comprehend this concept in our present dimensional state. It's like a fish trying to visualize nuclear fusion or the shape of the Milky Way Galaxy!!! So we are like this fish trying to visualize what God is. It is thus impossible in our present state to even begin to understand God. Suffice it to know that there is some power controlling the very nature of this and probably thousands of universes in myriads of other dimensions. So don't break your head trying to know what God looks like or what God is. We'll never know till we're sufficiently evolved. So what counts now is just faith.
And what of these so called UFO's? I have yet to see A CLEAR WELL- DEFINED CLOSEUP photograph of a UFO. Surprising why all these pics are blurred and seem a zillion miles away!! Can anyone give me a link to high quality closeup pics of UFOs ?? Thats a challenge. The only clear ones I have seen are in 'Independence Day' and 'Close Encounters....'!!!!! Has anyone seen 'real' photographs like these?? I mean, as clear? Why is this? Is it some 'forcefield' around these UFOs that we can't photograph them clearly? And why is there no 'PROOF' as yet? How is it that this so called 'proof' is always with the Government? And we are told that UFOs have been around for centuries!! But there's not even a piece of a UFO with anyone (outside Government agencies who we think have some proof), as evidence! Questons that beg answers!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My personal opinion would be that the person or image of god was of alien origin. However, I couldn't say I believe that there is such a thing as an alien god as I don't think there is such a thing as any god.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Guys, the point is that we in our present state of evolution, only think in terms of 4 dimensions (which includes TIME). We arn't capable of even imagining what other dimensions are like. God? The fact is we cannot comprehend this concept in our present dimensional state.

Yeah...true..definetly

Listen, God is here, it's the "source" who created everything...our souls come from "the source" our soul incarnate in lower dimensions to learn and return to the highest dimension (final goal)...your soul is a part of you....
Aliens is the same for them....we are all part of god, aliens included

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think "god" is just a word we use for something we can't explain. For instance; If our creator ended up not really being a "god", but an alien, then wouldn't the alien(s) be the one(s) people think of as "god"? The truth is, nobody knows who created anything. To assume that everything would need a creator, also assumes that the creator himself would need a creator. It doesn't solve the problem, but only creates a more complex question.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
I think "god" is just a word we use for something we can't explain. For instance; If our creator ended up not really being a "god", but an alien, then wouldn't the alien(s) be the one(s) people think of as "god"? The truth is, nobody knows who created anything. To assume that everything would need a creator, also assumes that the creator himself would need a creator. It doesn't solve the problem, but only creates a more complex question.

No, what it does show, that the universe is self manifested, and is capable of creatiing consciousness, which further begs to question, if the universe can create consciousness, then it must be conscious itself. Hence God.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I believe in God and I believe in aliens. I believe more in God than I do aliens but that's just because I'm a religious person. You can believe in aliens, you can believe in God, you can even believe in both. I personally don't believe that God is an alien because I believe that is illogical, there is no proof showing he is an alien but then again there isn't any proof showing that he is an alien. People believe in all different things, me personally I believe in all the supernatural things because until someone finds proof that any of these things don't exist, then I'm going to fully support them. If I were ever abducted by an alien I would hope that I would be able to remember every detail because that would be proof enough for me. The day someone comes up with proof that supernatural things don't exist is the day I stop believing, but seeing as that day will never come I will always remain a believer.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Guys, the point is that we in our present state of evolution, only think in terms of 4 dimensions (which includes TIME). We arn't capable of even imagining what other dimensions are like. God? The fact is we cannot comprehend this concept in our present dimensional state. It's like a fish trying to visualize nuclear fusion or the shape of the Milky Way Galaxy!!! So we are like this fish trying to visualize what God is. It is thus impossible in our present state to even begin to understand God. Suffice it to know that there is some power controlling the very nature of this and probably thousands of universes in myriads of other dimensions. So don't break your head trying to know what God looks like or what God is. We'll never know till we're sufficiently evolved. So what counts now is just faith.
And what of these so called UFO's? I have yet to see A CLEAR WELL- DEFINED CLOSEUP photograph of a UFO. Surprising why all these pics are blurred and seem a zillion miles away!! Can anyone give me a link to high quality closeup pics of UFOs ?? Thats a challenge. The only clear ones I have seen are in 'Independence Day' and 'Close Encounters....'!!!!! Has anyone seen 'real' photographs like these?? I mean, as clear? Why is this? Is it some 'forcefield' around these UFOs that we can't photograph them clearly? And why is there no 'PROOF' as yet? How is it that this so called 'proof' is always with the Government? And we are told that UFOs have been around for centuries!! But there's not even a piece of a UFO with anyone (outside Government agencies who we think have some proof), as evidence! Questons that beg answers!

Funny how you keep on mentioning proof but then ramble on about different dimensions and God. The idea of life on other planets is very probable, and rational, it doesnt need a leap of faith to believe. You dont need to see a 3-mile wide mothership in order to believe. I sometimes doubt if aliens are even here. Im pretty confident that life is not unique to Earth though.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join