It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
So are you saying that you accept as proof a fake video as compared with a documented disappearance, without medical procedures, of a cancer that was large and rapidly spreading and determined to be terminal?

First of all we dont understand how everything works in our human body. Calling all UFO Videos fake? UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, it doesnt mean alien/extraterrestrial in origin. One example try to explain the Mexico Sitings? The result is It could be that or that. but nothing more.
There is hard to believe in something you never have seen, but its strange to blame things on some GOD because of something we dont understand happend miraculisy. Gods are strange, example 3 groups believe in different gods everyone believe that their god is the real one. But those who stick to reality dont have to worry about believeing in the "wrong" God. So they dont have to fight eachother and kill because of their beliefs like the Religion people that got something "huge" in their heads. We could create something that was far much better than any religion. and delete all that corrupted shi_t once and for all.
Intelligent Life from other planets.. Billions of planets is it really so hard to face how big the universe really is and so on. Or dont you not trust yourselfe? If you didnt know there was life outside your house would you believe there was?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Cardu,
Your reply's a little off target. the prior poster indicated faked videos were easier to believe in because they could be seen as compared with God who has not been seen. My point is it's easier to see God through his presence in our world. MY point on UFO videos is that not one has been validated as being a real UFO. Let's not play with semantics here. A UFO is a UFO - a fake video is a fake video. Just because we can't determine whether it's a plate or a saucer doesn't make it an unidentified object.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
your talking about evidence....if we don't have the evidence to prove anything....doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

is just faith.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My opinion is of God and Aliens being two different concepts. If you're talking about proving whether God or Aliens exist then i personally would take a safer bet on Aliens existing. I'm not saying God doesn't exist, on the contrary i believe he does exist but to actually PROVE it is another matter.

To prove something exists you need tangible evidence, with Aliens you have them physically in front of you and obviously their technology such as spacecraft, instruments etc...That's something tangible, with God it's not that easy and therefore have to rely on the 'belief' or 'faith' argument.

It's possible that God created all life in the universe or at least seeded the universe with life. Consequently the earliest forms of life that became one of the first 'advanced' civilizations created their own form of intelligent life and so on.

What people speculate to be 'Heaven' could just turn out to be another dimension, a higher plane of existence that we go to when our bodies die but our 'Souls' or the living consciousness survives and lives on.

I'm not saying what i've said is concrete of course it's not, it's just one realm of possibility.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
To prove something exists you need tangible evidence, with Aliens you have them physically in front of you and obviously their technology such as spacecraft, instruments etc...

How can it be that, even though aliens have (according to some) been around for quite a long time, all the proof you mention has not been found?
I think it's very hard to prove that aliens exist, because I don't think aliens exist. Think about it. All these years of alien encounters, UFO's flying all over the place and not a single piece of "waterproof" evidence.

I'd say God's existance is proven more easily, by simply visiting a church where people do not underestimate the power of the holy ghost. There you can see with your own eyes how people are healed from diseases that you usually do not automaticly get healed from.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As of now, like the title of this thread implies, I think it's a question of what we believe. The thing is, we tend to filter information through that belief.

Thus making it easier for a believer in the existence of aliens to also believe in reports of alien abductions, ufo's etc. At the same time, as a christian, you may tend to see unexplainable things, testimonies about miracles etc. as evidence of that belief.

For all I know, God (whatever/whoever that is) may very well exist, as well as aliens. Many years ago, I did believe in God, attended church regularly and had endless discussions with my spiritual leaders. A few years later, I had come to the conclusion that all religions are b.s. I was quite sure of this. This was also the time that I took a real interest in the ufo phenomena.

Now, years later (man I sound old), I'm not so sure anymore. I do believe it's very possible there's truth in the countless reports of alien encounters. At the same time, I believe there's a lot we can learn from the Bible.

The only thing I'm positive about is that there's a lot we still don't know.

I still think it's interesting how christians don't need tangible proof of God; they're satisfied with faith. At the same time they demand proof to accept the possibility of extra terrestrial encounters.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Carry on..

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Durden,
Thanks for the post. I am a Christian and a strong believer. I do think that ET's are possible because to say that they are not is a limitation that I would place on god's ability to create. The issue that intrigues me are the many people who look at ETs as the Creator rather than God. That was one of the driving factors that led to this thread being opened.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The issue that intrigues me are the many people who look at ETs as the Creator rather than God.

Well, I'm not sure it's entierly impossible that this could be the case. If we in fact were created by a life form of extra terrestrial origin, then I don't see why this would have to pose a limitation to God. It may however, put a huge dent in the way we value ourselves as important beings in this universe.

Also, considering what the concept of God really means, what's to say that we wouldn't look at our creator - ET or not - as "God"? Not saying it's necassarily so, but I'm guessing it could be a possibility. If aliens did have part in our creation and wanted us to look upon them as God or Gods, it feels a bit troubling, though.

Of course, it could also be that God is a much more sophisticated and spiritual being who created us as well as the aliens.

I choose to stay open in this question.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Another issue in the discussion concerns atheists. There are many post on this thread and on others which indicate many atheists believe we were seeded here by alien species. These people have no belief in God and feel that all life is just a fluke of nature in evolution. Yet, with that, they feel that aliens are responsible for our existence on earth. That beg the question "Harder To Belive In - God or Aliens?"

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Another issue in the discussion concerns atheists. There are many post on this thread and on others which indicate many atheists believe we were seeded here by alien species. These people have no belief in God and feel that all life is just a fluke of nature in evolution. Yet, with that, they feel that aliens are responsible for our existence on earth. That beg the question "Harder To Belive In - God or Aliens?"

Isn't the real question if it's easier to believe in God or life by pure chance? Being how the existance of aliens doesn't have to rule out God and vice versa.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's not really my question. I know my belief system, I'm trying to understand the beliefs of atheists who would rather believe in them rather than life by pure chance. It almost seems to be an oxymoron. "I don't believe in God as a Supreme Being, but I do believe in aliens as being responsible for the human race on earth."

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It almost seems to be an oxymoron. "I don't believe in God as a Supreme Being, but I do believe in aliens as being responsible for the human race on earth."

I don't think there has to be a contradiction here. If one believes that life in general wasn't created by God but by a combination of pure chance and evolution, it surely doesn't rule out the possibililty of artificially created life.

I too have my own belief system, but I don't feel there is enough information for me to say that another belief system is positively b.s. I can only say what i feel seems probable.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Based on my experience, this is my simple understanding of the complex population of the Universes:

Life itself is spirit or soul. Our bodies are a mixture of matter, kind of like hamburger. Everybody and everything everywhere is from the same original place and made of the same basic pool of stuff.

All life is created by God. God is creating new life at all times, everywhere. There are "many" races of people in the Universes.

The arrangement of matter is intelligent. That is why we can choose and place specific DNA, as well as reproduce an embryo in a test tube and have it grow to be a body with a soul.

In some basic ways, we humans on Earth are populating Earth with bodies.

Although copulation between alien races is biologically impossible, there are more advanced and expansive ways that people of the Universes are populating the Universes with bodies.

All races are as vastly different as their DNA, biology and stages and directions of development, but we are all children of God, no matter how population gets done. All races start out from their own raw beginning and develop uniquely to naturally fit the atmosphere of their home world.

No developed race can move into another atmosphere, not even between two races who share the same DNA.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
The arrangement of matter is intelligent. That is why we can choose and place specific DNA, as well as reproduce an embryo in a test tube and have it grow to be a body with a soul.

I agree with your post but I do have a question concenring the soul. If life were created through cloning, would that life have a soul? My position is that it would not. For that matter, cloning has not been successful to date and may never be. Maybe that's part of intelligent design.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister

I agree with your post but I do have a question concenring the soul. If life were created through cloning, would that life have a soul? My position is that it would not. For that matter, cloning has not been successful to date and may never be. Maybe that's part of intelligent design.

Who's to say we have a soul at all? What proof do you have other than faith? My religion is nothing at all, I'm not athiest, agnostic or any other because you'll be wondering.

I've answered this once before but will do again. I know for me that it's easier to think aliens exist. I know god doesn't exist. Aliens must exist in this vast never-ending universe. It is inevitable.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They kind of rule eachother out as well.
The chance that somewhere in this unlimited amount of space, there is a planet where life has also "began" just like here, is not that small.
However I know God exists, and I know that God directly has something to do with life "starting" on our planet, which is why I think He did not start similar "projects" in our vision/reach/universe.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And that post was not ment to start another evolution vs creation discussion, allthough it does have a lot to do with this.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
How do you know god exists?

Try this: If you were never taught about a god in any way whatsoever, parents, church , bible any way at all. You've never ever heard the word god .....would you still believe in a god?

Let me answer for you....NO cause how could you other than being taught?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I know for me that it's easier to think aliens exist. I know god doesn't exist.

So you think aliens exist. Fair enough. So do I. But how can you know God doesn't?

Why would the fact that you're not born automatically knowing there is a God but have to be taught about it, rule out Gods existance?

It's actually the same deal with ETs, isn't it? Just because maybe you haven't seen one doesn't mean they definetly don't exist.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Try this: If you were never taught about a god in any way whatsoever, parents, church , bible any way at all. You've never ever heard the word god .....would you still believe in a god?

I don't believe in such questions.
What if...

The thing is, I did hear about God and I did hear about the bible.
So did you.

Who are we to let our own decisions and choices depend on every and any state of everyone around us, and the states we could have also been in if...
Such reasoning just makes no sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join