It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The idea of Maria brainwashing Jesus is a very original approach, but I don't think it's correct. Jesus pretty much led a normal life in his youth, and I don't think any mother would want her son to be the Messiah, looking at the predictions that prophets put in the OT.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How do we know what kind of a life he lived as a youth? Are there some records that I'm maybe missing somewhere? I'm talking reputable sources, mind you. Show me some, and I might buy into the idea that he lived a rather normal childhood.

However, I still have to maintain that he was not brainwashed. That needs some proving as well.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by TheBorg]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Why was Daelume Banned?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Daelume was banned, I suspect, for spamming the boards as if his life depended on it.

In a way, it's a shame - I was looking forward to some fresh meat.

I'm also a little sceptical about the "brainwash" thing - one day, when I get around to it, I'll post my theories about the real life of the "real" Jesus and see what everyone thinks...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Jesus brainwashed? Wher did that come from? I dont remember seeing anything about Jesus being brainwashed anywhere on this thread. I do remember someone saying that religion brainwashed everyone, but how did we get to Jesus?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
From Gazrok's post on the previous page:

3) Jesus pulled the ressurection trick before, with Lazerous. I've formed my own ideas about the whole Jesus phenomenon, but eventually I'll organize it into a lengthy post. Suffice to say, my contentions are that Jesus was pretty much brainwashed by his mother into fitting the role of messiah. Everything started with Mary, and I believe she is probably one of the most clever women to ever walk the Earth.

Ask, and ye shall receive

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i would say aliens because at least for aliens we have some proof...

for God we have none...

but then again, alot of people dont believe in any of these choices...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

for God we have none...

You speak of proof, yet I haven't seen any. Are you speaking of anecdotal evidence, or something else? You might have some evidence that I may have missed.

Now if you mention UFOs as evidence, that won't be necessarilly correct, since UFOs are simply Unidentified Flying Objects, as so many others here have iterated. That only proves that something HERE is doing all of the flying around. When it comes to UFOs, I would first look for anything terrestrial that might cause the same effect before looking for ETs.

If there is yet some other evidence, besides UFOs and alien abductions that you have, I'd be very interested in it. Feel free to post.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
borg---

i mean evidence for UFOs like those fake videos...

at least that is something to be thought about...

we dont have videos of "God" do we???

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Good point. I think I missed what it was you were trying to say the first time I read through it. Sorry, that won't happen again, unless I have another sleepless night here soon.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

for God we have none...

you stole my format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not really, im jsut kidding. the board seems to be going slow today!

ok well back on topic.....what proof of aliens do we have that we dont have equally for God? besides...God's got...churches and stuff......ahhhh illteracy is climbing all over me!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There's loads of proof for God in the form of miracles and predictions from the bible coming true.
All hard proof for aliens has been debunked.

By the way, let's not turn this into a discussion about every piece of proof we have for either God or aliens, I am merely being just as short-sighted as "they see all", and showing that's it not this simple.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

for God we have none...

Yah, there is proof of God. The changed lives of people who have accepted Christ as Savior and Lord. The proof is here it's whether or not you want to accept it and believe it.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
edited

[edit on 27-7-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's a little bit more complicated than that, if you're talking about the predictions in the bible that is.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

for God we have none...

What proof is there for aliens? I'm not aware of any. There's far more proof of the presence of god throughout our daily life.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
CS---

yes but the proof u r talking about is people getting healed from life ending diseases like a medicle miracle...

at least 4 aliens we have video of the UFOs...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's far easier to see and accept a miraculaous healing as proof. The "alien" videos have, for the most, been proven to be fakes. Not one has been authenticated as real.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
YES but most people want proof that is able to be seen like a fake video is better than proof like a healing...

even though the alien proof is fake it is easy to say that the video is better proof than medical records...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So are you saying that you accept as proof a fake video as compared with a documented disappearance, without medical procedures, of a cancer that was large and rapidly spreading and determined to be terminal?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join