It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's most certainly possible. To say that it's not would be the same as saying that God is not all powerful. This would clearly be wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I was to say god is not all powerful it would not clearly be wrong if I don't believe such a thing. People all have different beliefs and to say such a statement is clearly wrong in itself.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by I See You]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
ISY,
I think it goes without saying that if one doesn't believe in God, the whole discussion of the power of God and His role in creation is mute.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
Just Like to say..
Most things on this site, you either belive in them or not..
Like religion nothing is set in stone.
AS you point out if god is an alien who created him, but then if god is not an alien, where did god come from..
one of those questions that will never have an answer in this life.. just like the question what come first the chicken or the Egg

well,no one created God,he was always there,the notion of time only exists in this universe because God created Time.Therefore in a place where time does not exist,there is no before and there is no after

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I'm sorry but I just find it harder to believe in god than I do in aliens as we call them.

The christian faith asks you to believe in God, and you cannot see God right now. But someday those who have come to Him through Christ will see Him, and not only that but will live and experience and work in the universe He has made. I am one of those who believes in Jesus. I also believe that God is going to allow the world to be tested concerning who "aliens" really are. He's allowed it to happen before. If you don't know who they really are before they come openly, you are in grave danger of being deceived. Remember deceived means being fooled and lied to but you don't know that you are being tricked.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

Ahhh well, I don't have much of an opinion on who placed us here, but as I see it what if another God created aliens? People love to play god, if the aliens had the technology to add life to earth, why not? In the name of science it is clearly plausible. All your statement proves, in theory, that A god/gods exist. Not that aliens didn't put us here.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I See You,
Can you tell me why you don't believe in God? I would like to hear a thoughtful reply to that. I would find it helpful. During your life, have you ever had any religious education like church or Sunday school?
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Shouldn't free will be good enough to allow people not to believe in God? Why do they need to justify their non-belief? Wasn't it God himself who gave men free will, whether that meant believing in him or not? Why ask? What do you hope to accomplish?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Free will is good enough to allow someone their non-belief. I can understand the request as well. It doesn't look like anyone is being asked to "justify" their non-belief, but rather, to simply comment on it. I think it's more of a request to aid in understanding - not to debate.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well...I believe in God, yes. But not everything in the Bible, I think much of it should be taken as symbols. It is a guide of lessons...not rules. I also don't agree with some things in the Bible just by strong intuition.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Interesting point on lessons vs rules. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that one yet. Free will allows us to accept or reject whatever we like. Does that move things down from rules to lessons?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Interesting point on lessons vs rules. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that one yet. Free will allows us to accept or reject whatever we like. Does that move things down from rules to lessons?

No, because we still have to have some means of controlling ourselves, while maintaining some sort of organization to our lives. Lessons only serve to alert us to the need to either make new rules or amend the ones we have. That's what I think anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I guess the hard part is defining rules vs lessons. I probably believe there's a greater number of rules, but again, because of free will, we can basically do what we want. Of course there are consequences to our actions. If we freely accept the rules and lessons and live accordingly, it really is no burden, it's a joy. And if it's not a burden, then were not being coercerced. I think that's a major issue, many people feel that God is trying to coerce them - that's simply not the case.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think there are many rules in the Bible along with many lessons to help to understand the rules. Like CS says, it's up to us to accept them.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by AlterEgo]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thats about it. The Bible however is just a story of what the right things to do are. It is not real nor did it happen in my opinion. Both of the things are more of a thing of your beliefs. If you believe aliens exist you will say that aliens are easier to believe in. If God....then God is easier. Thats all there really is to it

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think the Bible is made up of historical events and parables for teaching. IMO, the Bible contains far more history than most are willing to give it credit for. Maybe believing the historical places a heavier demand upon us!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The Bible is the inspired Word of God. As such, it is true. Does true mean historical, not really, does it mean accurate, yes!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Flight plans? kind of scary. i would be scared of the date 6/6/6

I believe in GOD and aliens, i did my reasearch. If we were created by the aliens then who created them and how did the universe form?

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Nlive81]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
@ COmmon Sense...

It is nice you have faith but saying the bible is true based on faith...well. To people who believe it is true, does not mean it is. But you should still keep believing

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Whether you believe it's true or not can not be "proven" by anyone in this life. I guess that's why it's called faith.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join