It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
opiate721
I have never thought less of atheists for their beliefs. I do take exception however to you statement that atheists are simply people who think for themselves. The problem with that statement is that it implies that those who believe in God don't think for themselves. I really don't think you were trying to imply that, but perhaps you can clarify the point before any flaming begins.
CS

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No true believer would criticize an atheist. If they did they wouldn't be living their beliefs. Thinking for oneself is neither a sign of belief of disbelief.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
Damn it, nutzo, we're going for the record!

Now quick, post something unfounded and inflammatory, and we'll all go down in ATS history!

Just out of curiosity, what is the record for replies?

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Take a look at the front page under most replied threads. This one has a long way to go. BTW, I saw the thread you started today, "Which religion will suffer most when aliens are proved" or something to that effect. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Take a look at the front page under most replied threads. This one has a long way to go. BTW, I saw the thread you started today, "Which religion will suffer most when aliens are proved" or something to that effect. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

You mean this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't start that thread or any other like it. Oh, I know , your bad. It's ok.

I wasn't bashing this thread. I really was surprised that it got so many replies. I am rather new to the group and haven't yet seen a thread here with so many responses.

You don't have to take everything as an attack. I know this is a conspiracy group, but keep your personal paranoia out of my face please.

This thread is at 17 closing in on sixteen. Noty too shabby. Thanks for the info about post records. Didn't even know that was there.

Nutzo

[edit on 10-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nutzo,
I stand corrected. It was not your thread, sorry. But, imitation.....
CS

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Not wanting to incur any further problems, I have been silent for 72 hours. This is a great thread which has resulted in deep reflection and soul searching on my part!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow AE!!!
I actually feel good about it! That was my hope in the first place, but, this is cool!!!

CS

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ok , so now that I am invested in this thread, I would like to see it at the top so now for my opinion on the topic.

God or Aliens?

I believe in both. In my opinion, the proof of alien existance would in no way change by belief in God or of the Bible or religion as a whole. If you have read some of my posts in other topics, you are well aware of where I stand on these issues. If you are not familiar with my ideas, I believe that there are many instances in the Bible, in ancient text and glyph, in the architecture of ancient buildings and so on, of the existance of extra-terrestrial life.

The Angels, what were they? One could look at these creatures, not being of Earth and call them aliens. Many believe that the angels and other beings talked about in the Bible are all one large make-up of what God is, the Elohim. Some believe that Elohim is one God, many others believe that Elohim is the mass of all enlightened beings who created man. Search my name and read some other threads that I have posted on for more info on this subject. I have sought and found great minds on this web-site they call ATS.

Personally I believe that many are inconclusive to the matter and some have a belief system that will not be changed by thought or any other process, and I respect that. I believe personally that there is one all mighty creator of all things. This to me is God. As for the 'others', who knows. Perhaps some of these aliens 'know' God personally. Maybe some of them work for him and do his bidding. But I imagine that most of all other life in the Universe in just as baffled about God as we are.

I like to think that it is possible that one of the reasons the aliens are so interested in our planet is that we seek these anwers as much as they do. Or maybe they have the answers for which we seek. It is an enigma. I don't have the answers to these questions, but they do need to be asked. I do not believe it to be a sin to wonder. Eve had to go and eat that ever so damned apple and leave us with riddles that will probably eat at us untill we die. Then and only then will we have the answers for which we seek. Or will we?

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Thanks for being invested. Good post. I believe that we will know the answers to the riddles when we die. Either that or the questions will become irrelevent and we won't even care.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by opiate721

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about that, and I really think that religion is a sort of way to be controlled.

- I think you can say that is true.

I may not be right, thats not what I'm saying, I just think that if God was real, then how are there soo many religions?

- Different religions talking about the same thing.

(from en.wikipedia.org...)
Since Islam, like Judaism and Christianity, is descended from the religious tradition of the biblical patriarch Abraham, it is classified as an Abrahamic religion.

Oppo-sames D. Icke would say, 'different' but the same.

Aren't all religions talking about 1 God/Creator/Force?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I dont know much about God or Aliens. But when i look at the Universe, the Planets, Nebula and Stars i never cease to be astounded at how incredibly beautiful it all is or how dangerous. You can explain almost everything with Mathematics and Physics but what you cant explain is the feeling you get when you witness the marvels that are all around us. Like when you first saw the images of the near Universe from Hubble or the first time you saw the surface of Mars from the Viking landings.
The first time i saw a picture of a Nebula i sat and strared at it for a long time, marvelling at its beauty. Its hard to believe that all that was created by an accident, by a huge explosion. So even though there is no evidence for God in Science or Mathematics i believe that some higher purpose was at work at the creation of the universe and that if that higher purpose put us here in this small isolated part of the Galaxy then i believe that other beings evolved and grew to self awareness in other parts. So i believe that its no harder to believe in God as it is to believe in other intelligent life in the Universe. But if you asked me if those beings were here now? Well i really dont know but i hope some day to find out.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
So even though there is no evidence for God in Science or Mathematics

Check out TheBandit795's ancient wisdom link on page 17 of this thread

Hope you don't mind Bandit

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Janus,
Your thoughts on the beauty of the universe were really great. Like you, I believe this was no accident nor do I think our existence today is just the result of random events. The balance is too critical to believe that there isn't some absolute power controlling it.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I believe in both.

Aliens is pretty much a no-brainer, how can one not believe this?

A god on the other hand is way more in depth then any alien, I don't think of it as a god or creator though. I think of it much more as the spark of life, like an ax hitting a rock,the "force" is the hammer, the spark is the result of the axe and rock. This force does not help us or know us in anyway, it has no intelligance whatsoever except for the natural instinct to make life "alive". There is only one of them in the universe and it cannot be seen, touched, senced or anything else. It is all around us as the entire universe IS god so to say. This is kind of difficult to explain but I know what it is in my mind and I hope you get the idea, I am agnostic btw.

But the real question is. What created this "force" or god.?

This is all based on my logic and what I believe.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by ASSASSIN651]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Janus: That's one pretty picture, isn't it? I mean, really.... just look at it. That picture is of a star factory, in the process of making stars. Those stars heat up worlds all around the universe. And yet some make Black Holes, which eat up parts of the universe, just to recycle it all over again. It's a perfect cycle which, having stared at now for some 15 years, I've come to the conclusion is run by a Greater Being.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I believe in both. Is this supposed to make me a gullible idiot? Nope. I find it ludicrous that anyone could not believe in either. But thats IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
No that doesn't make you a gullible idiot. I do believe that belief in God is most important.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What about people on ATS who believe in God but also believe we were planted here by a superior alien race that was also created by God.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paraclete
What about people on ATS who believe in God but also believe we were planted here by a superior alien race that was also created by God.

That would be me.

I remarked in my previous post that most aliens probably wonder about God as much as we do. It makes you wonder. If aliens believe in God as well, and they are so technologicly advanced. What would their religion be like? Some one should start a thread on this topic. You could go far with it. There are the Phaeros which I believe were aliens. They had a religion.

CommonSense, I vote for you to start this topic, since you started this one:
Alien Religions?

I will contibute.

You could classifiy Angels and demons and the Philistines, the Nephilim as aliens if you wanted. They are certainly extra-terrestrial entities.

Nutzo

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join