It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gods of Genesis: mulitple gods in the Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If you all are interested in this topic, you should all read this thread here:

ATS THREAD

It is 232 pages and covers 3 years of posts. I think you would all find it interesting and you all might be able to join in the discussion.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
What about their sister? The genetic scientist.

Yes indeed!! her name was Ninmah (we get the origin of the word 'ma'-mama-mother)

She was their sister and assisted with The Adam project and The Eve project by birthing the newly constructed zygotes. The gods' seeds were implanted in her.

Cool that you knew about that!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by willow1d
I have read all of Sitchin's books and that David Alford's (or whatever his name is) "Gods of the Millenium". I have studied Genesis and alot of other miscellaneous manuscripts. It's been several years, so my memory might be a little skewed. But I believe that I remember the basics.

The Hebrew word for "God" throughout some of the OT is "Elohim", which is indeed a plurality of "el" meaning "god". However, according to Jewish etymology, when someone/something is supreme, then they pluralize the word. Therefore when the Jews say "Elohim" they are saying "the Supreme God" or "God of gods".

And the saying "God of gods" doesn't necessarily imply that there are other gods. It would be the same way as if a missionary went to South America and witnessed to a group of aboriginals who believed in many gods. They would not easily give up their beliefs, so the missionary would say that "God is above even your gods."

But more importantly, let's remember that the general belief of monotheists is that the "gods" are actually demons, therefore God would be their God.

I do not discount the Sumerians and Sitchin's interpretation of their texts, nor do I accept it yet either. I simply do not know. But if Nibiru shows up, I'll definitely put more stock into Sitchin's interpretation. However that doesn't mean there isn't one Creator. As Zechariah Sitchin himself wrote in his prologue for the "The 12th Planet":

"This book suggests that we are not alone in our solar system. Yet it may enhance rather than diminish the faith in a universal Almighty. For, if the Nefilim created Man on Earth, they may only have been fulfilling a vaster Master Plan."

And then of course logic leads to: if the Anunaki exist, who created them?

We can only use theory, logic, and science to try to determine who created our gods.. we should be more concerned about OUR history 1st before we try to unravel the gods' history. The bible is an account of OUR (mankind-Earthlings) history...Thats all.

BUT

You stated that 'God of all Gods' couldn't possibly mean that there were more than one?????????

All=more than one.

That's not a riddle or mystery. That's basic English

[edit on 9/29/2009 by willow1d]

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Hmmmm.....

# You shall have no other Gods but me.
Interesting that this is a commandment. Why would 'he' even bring it up if 'he' was alone in the deity department? It kind of implies that there are other gods, but they really aren't the sort of gods you should be hanging around with, because 'he' really is the best god, really.

# You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
Again, we get the feeling that this would be a bit of a nod to those other nasty gods. Again, this is a bit redundant if 'he' is the only god available. Two commandments in, and we're repeating stuff that really shouldn't have to be said in the first place.

YES!! Oprah Winfrey publically stated that this is what made her re-examine, and then leave religion alone. She found that God was jealous because he was not the only one, and the Christianity biased toward the winner in the bible.

edit on 26-3-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Written in “The Gospel According to John” Ch.10 v 33 &34 Quote”

33. The Jews answered Him, saying
“For a good work we do not stone You,
but for blasphemy, and because You being a man,
make yourself God”.

34. Jesus answered them ,
“Is it not written in your law
I said, “Ye are gods” ?.

(read to the end of Ch. 10)

Written in “The Acts of The Apostles” Ch. 17 verse 28 Quote;

28. “for in Him we Live and have our being,
as also some of your own Poets have said,
“for we are also His Off Spring.”

Dogs give birth to dogs and Not other species and cats give birth to cats etc. So God gives Birth to Gods and not the Species. If we are His "Off Spring" then we are the Children of God this makes us (Not the Flesh but of "The True Mind" and also the "Soul", a temple made without hands) God.

Hence what Jesus said… Refer to "The Gospel According to John” Ch.10 v 33 &34…

edit on 26-3-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join