It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your NUMBER ONE Enemy, you'll never guess who.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Well put, if I could have been bothered to expand on my recent post I would have said much the same. Except, less a focus on the issue of financial collapse but more so focused on the predictable doom, gloom and impending anarchy.

In the meantime, I going to enjoy what I have in any event.

Prepare all you wish, each man would inevitably be left level pegging should these glooms merchants predictions come to fruition.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You are your own worst enemy! The decisions you take in life affect the people around you...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Songwriter

Thanks for enlightening us with that peace of grand wisdom. I doubt few here would not have already known that very truth.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Spacebot

In between every civilization you mentioned there were years and sometimes hundreds of years of war, famine and plagues that killed
millions of people. Whole cities and races were wiped out never to be seen again.

We are not preparing for the next civilization but the in between times.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i have already begun storing seeds as well as a water filter system thats portable. i am laid off work at the moment so buying supplies is a slow process. i was wondering if anyone had a good list of staple must have supplies and would post it as im sure i will forget something. it would be great to see what others are gathering. also would be great to check out some sites online for ideas, any suggestions?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceman84

Spaceman84

You can prepare your body and your mind. I have been out of work for
over a year now but not a day goes buy that I am not preparing.

Start with water, empty 2 liter soda bottles make good containers for water
storage. Stock up on cheap foods that can be hydrated later
mac & cheese. Cheap!

Exercise, plant a garden.

Networking, befriend like minded people to plan survival strategy.
For me the need to stay prepared is for the survival of my children, for their right to live free.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

a good site is survival podcast - just google it

but here are some ideas for prep -
seeds - great idea
dehyd food - a yr or more
water - and water filter- like berkey
solar oven
vitamins
aspirin
alcohol - whiskey, vodka, etc.
honey
dehyd milk - dry milk
toilet paper
plastic trash bags
bar soap, clothes detergent
canned food - all kinds
salt
pepper
oil lamps and oil
generator - at least a small one - 1000kw -

walk around your place and make a list of the many items used each day - food and water should top your list -

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I don't agree with this, but it's a possibility. There won't be any social breakdown or collapse, it just will not happen. There is always a plan.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I keep hearing people say "doom & gloomers", spreading fear ect. What exactly is your issue with preperation? Things happen everday on earth that cause people to go hungry and die. War is a constant in many countries. You live in the U.S. and are lucky enough not to have to deal with it. You get to watch T.V. and play your video games and then you jump on your computer and talk about things most of you have never seen. So therefore you dont think it exists. Maybe you could check out what the rest of the world is doing. Most of the planet doesnt get to go to school, live in a nice house with running water and toilets, get to eat whatever they choose and live the fairy tail life your fortunate enough to have. If something does go down & I believe we are on our way, Americans are in trouble because of this arrogant attitutde we all share. This whole notion that we are invincible will be our down fall. Just a thought.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 3Rotary

Yes, and the plan you think will happen just might be the opposite.

Be prepared is the Boy Scout motto. I wish I had the old handbook, the one with the directions on making a log cabin.
Best to have a group with overlapping and diverse skills that everyone in the group can learn. Better to teach a person to fish then just stock fish up.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3Rotary

I don't agree with this, but it's a possibility. There won't be any social breakdown or collapse, it just will not happen. There is always a plan.

Who exactly is the one in charge of "the plan"? You dont have one because you dont agree. I guess the government will take care of you right?
Just an observation, not trying to be mean!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Starred and flagged - a pet subject of mine, as well.

Don't believe any of what the OP has said is even possible?

Go back and read about what happened during Katrina, when law enforcement confiscated legally owned weapons leaving them defenseless when the real "animals" came out to prey on them.

Now imagine the "big one" hitting the SF Bay Area and dropping all the bridges, etc. Then imagine what happens when the grocery stores almost all of those unprepared people rely on for food don't get re-stocked. Understand that there are far more "animals" living in the Bay Area than there were in New Orleans. They will be starving and desperate and quickly notice that the people who did prepare are not starving and desperate. At that point the prepared people will end up fighting for their very lives.

And this scenario doesn't have to be caused by an earthquake. ANY man-made or natural event - comet, WMD's, etc. that disrupts the economy and/or infrastructure could cause the same thing to happen. And as we saw with Katrina, law enforcement actually helped out the "animals"!

One of the major reasons we left the Bay Area for more rural areas after Katrina.

[edit on 9/21/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hey all, due to questions in the thread and in U2U's I have written an expanded article on PRS.

Problem, Reaction, Solution - The key to every 'Conspiracy'

Thanks for the continued support in this thread. I am glad I am not the only one defending my principles. Apparently I am not the only one still sucking on sugar coating.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by king9072]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Doesn't the fact that by and large, it's just Americans churning on and on about this. Are you guys privy too some information that the majority of the rest of the globe just isn't receiving?

Or... are you more lead by the culture you live in than you'd like to admit? making these proposed pre-emptive actions and largely fictional outcome cringe worthy, and more importantly the very definition of irony.

Dare I say, you claim others are sheeple CONTINUOUSLY. But, the whole time, it MORE THAN LIKELY is you are the ones being sheeple.

I can't wait for the next twenty-fifty years to pass. I suspect nothing will change with you people and your movement (although you actually do f-all about anything, you are still a movement,) just as it hasn't in my short lifetime.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sed Non Credo
Doesn't the fact that by and large, it's just Americans churning on and on about this. Are you guys privy too some information that the majority of the rest of the globe just isn't receiving?

Or... are you more lead by the culture you live in than you'd like to admit? making these proposed pre-emptive actions and largely fictional outcome cringe worthy, and more importantly the very definition of irony.

Dare I say, you claim others are sheeple CONTINUOUSLY. But, the whole time, it MORE THAN LIKELY is you are the ones being sheeple.

I can't wait for the next twenty-fifty years to pass. I suspect nothing will change with you people and your movement (although you actually do f-all about anything, you are still a movement,) just as it hasn't in my short lifetime.

Not sure where you are from, but our history - until recently
- is mostly based on a pioneering people that could and did provide for themselves as opposed to people that lived under kings and/or emperors for thousands of years - enough time to perhaps have it genetically ingrained into the population that the state should take care of you and that the people should not question that.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

very brilliant king. this has been my thoughts for along time, as nothing ever happens for a reason with the elite. my bet will be that the break down will be sometime in january or after the govt stops stimulating the commercial side of things. anyhow, very impressed with your accessment! bravo to you!!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Very good points and to the swine flu, lol i knew from the get go it was a bunch of BS! I for one will refuse the shot, hopefully violence doesn't follow. If i must i will just leave this country and live in nature.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Asherah,

About fortifying your home, and being able to do it yourself, and fairly cheaply.

Procure or gather wooden boards and plywood sufficient to block all windows. Get big nails and have the boards and nails on standby. You'll frequently see pallets thrown away or other construction scraps that are there for the taking.

Now about those doors.

You'll need reasonable ingress and egress, but learn from cultures around the world from thousands of years.

Imagine you have nailed up the top two-thirds of your door. Anyone trying to come in will be bent over, almost to the point of crawling, and have their head and neck exposed, whereupon, you can crack down with a bat with a large nail through it, a garden hoe, a shovel, cinder block, machete, or any number of items. Just be sure that they are really, completely, dead.

Since only one at a time can enter, one person can theoretically hold off a hundred.

John Colter in the early 1800's was captured by the Blackfoot. He was stripped and given a head start. No weapons, no canteen, no food, and not even any clothes. He managed to not only survive, but covered hundreds of miles to get to a fort.

You don't need much to survive. You do need your wits. Think.

You've already identified some weak areas of your home. Set aside materials that would preclude entry, and even if someone was determined to come in, you want to channel them to your carefully prepared destruction.

People are lazy. They will almost always take the path of least resistance. Know that and plan with that. That half-door? It may look possible, and that's what you want them to think.

Just make sure when they stick their head in, the head stays.

Real discouraging to their follow-on buddies.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well my friend, thank you for relating to me how bleak my future looks.

As I have no stockpiles I will have to resort to plan B.

While the enforcers are busy trying to keep order at the mall (for what reason is beyond me if there's nothing on the shelves) I will eat my enemy.

Water comes from the sky and I live in a land that never stops freaking raining so all I will need is some food to get my by.

I will initially start by trying to eat only vegetarians and vegans although to be honest they are a bit thin on the ground around here.

I have no prob;em eating my neighbors but draw the line at cats and dogs.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Blah Blah Blah - time to get outside people, breathe some fresh air, hug your kids and enjoy life. Too much gloom and doom on here. Life is too short as it is you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join