It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your NUMBER ONE Enemy, you'll never guess who.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I would recommend to You as everyone else to learn as much as You can. I guarantee there are a million, and one things You can do to survive, or defend Yourselves.

Youtube is chalk full of freaks, and improvised weapons...
Heck, I might even have a couple out there under an alias like Juan Gomez, or something Like Otto something, or another

Point is being prepared is good, but don't fret should You be in the predicament as You laid out; there are things You can do

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I live in a small rural community of about 20 households. I KNOW we would band together to help each other out.
But if you live in a city, forget it. Fact is - you don't KNOW your neighbour. Maybe the same street or block but that's it.
In any major calamity, the streets will be owned by the lawless, the desperate and the just plain mad. Some of those will be honest but hunger driven people. Would you stand by and watch your child starve? Well would you?
Decisions will have to be made at that point. To share or not to share? That's if you have a choice.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
First thing GOOD POST.

Second thing, Flu and the vaccine nonsense, one thought I had today after reading this post is that the uninformed people will queue up for the vaccine because ' it is popular and everyone else is doing it'.
The UK health service will no doubt say " come and get your swine flu shot 'it's free'" , but it isn't , I really don't see the Pharmaslags giving away free medicines do you?
It won't be free as your taxes will rise to cover the costs, and even if there aren't any security to protect the chemists on the high street that have stocks, people will flock to them anyway, I don't think to the point of ransacking them, over here in the UK we like to queue
But I can see things like an orderly queue then the stocks run out, it will be like when a new game console ran out, people who had them were mugged a while later. the same will be for the vaccine , all fueled by the media hysteria to keep the people scared, which is what TPTB want, to keep the citizenry frightened and looking for a saviour, TPTB will step in and say " we can help" even though they caused it in the first place, what we really need is a huge event to show the people the vaccines are evil, after all , there have been numerous reports from chemists and scientists abouthow bad the vaccine is , and how many people have taken notice? almost none IMO.

I am taking steps, some 'ahem' not quite legit in safeguarding my family, I will do what I have to , to ensure they're safety. We are stocking up and rotating foodstuffs to maximise freshness, but living in an apartment is a challenge in itself . and should my neighbours turn against me ( I know one that definately will - miserable old meddlesome ratbag she is) but I am trying to be friendly to the others, but until the SHTF I won't know where they stand.

Good luck to all, and God bless...

small add , I can't help but think of 'V for Vendetta's motto - 'England Prevails' is probably going to surface soon

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

What i just do not get with americans is that it seems trough every tread in here that you already live in tyrany, where the goverment is the bad guy. If that already is established you should do something!?

You still have the constitution wich by the way seems to be the most profiled in the world trough documentaries, politics, movies, tv-shows etc...

I think the first clue is to work like them and think like them. This way every youtube video of a rally wont be ridiculed on every political satire show.

I'm an outsider so i only have the facts i get trough reading as much as i can and try to take every thing wich a pinch of salt. i think thats how the quote goes..
But it does really seem like the country is tearing apart because the communication is just gone.
Just a bunch of people pushing out their words everywhere and thats it.

I want the old USA back, just this time being real not just a fake fasade that looks fresh.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
you all believe this fear-mongering nonsense I have a nice bridge in New York that I'll give you a great deal on.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Good post. Although, one could argue that ANYONE's greatest enemy is in fact themselves. How EACH individual reacts and acts after TSHTF will make a huge difference. While the factor of Mob Mentality also comes into play, most people will be looking out for their own family and friends.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Nice thread king, well done eh

I'm not entirely sure what my defensive/offensive game plan is yet, still kind of working on a variety of strategies. The mountains just west of town is the only asset I have at the moment that could potential save my life in a SHTF situation.

The Rockies have
-Clean water (Might have to boil it first)
-Plenty of fish and wildlife
-Places to hide and sleep in safety
-Forests that stretch for kilometers (Fire Wood)

I would try to convince my neighbors to come with me instead of sticking around in a big city or large town just to avoid any further shortcomings.

Since your in Vancouver are thinking of heading north up along cascade range to hold out?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Good morning King9072

I just finished reading your opening post and wanted to congratulate you on your ability to logically and methodically articulate the reality of our situation here in the US.

It reminded me of the story of Noah. Build your ark while ark building is still possible.

Now I'll go back and read all of the replies you received so's I can catch up on the discussion.

I just needed to thank you first! As always you have earned my stars and flag with your thoughtful, rational, calm explanation. Muchas gracias mi amigo.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have a message to the makers of the swine flu vaccine, and those who are saying we need to get this shot...

you first.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009
you all believe this fear-mongering nonsense I have a nice bridge in New York that I'll give you a great deal on.

It doesn't hurt to be prepared my friend.

Back in the mid 90's, when the river busted through the levy one summer and flooded out our city, I didn't have to wait in long lines at a water supply truck each day in stifling heat to get clean water for drinking. I already had a supply of bottled water.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sorry for the triple post, but I wanted to mention that my biggest fear as far as being prepared is... people gaining access to the inside of our home, even if I have means of protection with a rifle.

I'm always looking around my home and I can spot some weak areas where people could bust in. Not sure what to do about it either.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Asherah]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

-Did social brake down came when Greek city states were losing their military might and lost their influence in the known world? No! because Rome took over.
-Did social brake down occurred when Rome fell? No! Byzantium took over.
-Did social brake down happened when Byzantium fell with the sack of Constantinople? Minor! The Western Church (Vatican) and the Ottomans took over.
-Did social brake down when Spain and Portugal fell from grace? No! England, the Netherlands, and later new found Western British colonies (later USA) took over.
-Did social brake down happened when the Ottoman Empire fell? No! Western powers took over, newly forming eastern empires expanded their influence.
-Did social brake down happen when Napoleon Bonaparte fell? Some, and it is actually the only major recorded social breakdown in history, the French revolution which gave birth to Democracy (or so they say) something actually better came out of it. Only the rich and their cohorts lost their heads.
-Did social breakdown happened when Germany was defeated in WWII? No! Actually it was even better for them and every affected Nation enjoyed new jobs and opportunities and a new flow of money. Did social brake down happened when japan lost the war along with the Axis? No! japan entered the competition as the most technologically advanced Nation of its time.

Did social breakdown happened when the Soviet Union fell? Minor. Actually many of them had better lives abroad and Russian federation was learning the tricks of being a capitalist power and now they control half of the worlds markets.

Will social breakdown happen as soon as the dollar fails and USA might fall from grace? Actually why should all this happen, but in case it does, there is BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India, China) around the corner waiting to have their own piece of global hegemony.

Social break down theories is just BS.

You get my star and flag though because I don't believe you have bad intentions making this thread.

Peace.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well know that you just scared me half to death
Anyways....I have been reading a lot on survival lately and it seems all the survival I learned through the tv was meant to get me killed! I have learned more on here about how to survive than anywhere else. Thanks! I have started saving up little things and learning how to do things on my own. Everyone around me thinks I am nuts but they just wont listen or really look at anything around them. Its driving me a little crazy lately esp when discussing the swine flu.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No it doesnt hurt to be prepared for any kind of emergency and in that the op's first statements are great but to live in the kind of fear you must be in every day is unhealthy my friend.

i am prepared for anything, natural disasters , or global event but i'm telling you all now in 6 months or a year from now the same predicitons and fear mongering will be going on still, there is a thin line between readiness and incitement and many of you are dippin your feet over the line.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Crash of the dollar:
The crash of the dollar is inevitable. Never has a fiat currency ever surpassed a 100 year life time. We're currently on our 96th year of this fiat currency. Additionally, everyone has heard of the “Audit the Fed” bill in congress.

Fiat Currencies: Yen (138 years old), Pound Sterling (315 years old).

The Japanese's Meiji Government established Yen as its official currency in 1871; this makes it 138 years old.

Then we have the pound sterling; oldest currency in the world and it's also still being used. The Royal Chartered bank of England adopted the Pound Sterling in 1694, so this makes it 315 years old.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 21cdb

Nothing to worry about from FEMA?

Gardenplot, Cablesplicer, Rex84?

"Don't worry. We're from the government and we're here to help..."

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 21cdb
Good points. Which is why, when I had them, my neighbors couldn't have told you that I had firearms or stored supplies.

Complete ignorance. Never discussed politics. "Ewwww, guns!" was a common reply if asked did I own any...etc..etc..etc...

haha exactly.
Now I dont have any neighbors either. And I'm liking it actually.
I have one neighbor in the home behind me and he is a vet like me.
We see eye to eye on everything and have talked about watching each other's backs.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i live in canada, im only 18, is it legal for me to buy a gun cuz ive been thinking about it, im just not sure when ill take the next step and try and find one.. plus my parents would prob think i have serious menal problems if they found a gun under my matress, considering they laugh in my face when i try to tell them about 9/11 when they see my watching videos on my computer...when you say to get firearms do you mean to buy them legally or illegaly, cuz i know some people i could prob get illegal guns alot easier than legal ones.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
No it doesnt hurt to be prepared for any kind of emergency and in that the op's first statements are great but to live in the kind of fear you must be in every day is unhealthy my friend.

i am prepared for anything, natural disasters , or global event but i'm telling you all now in 6 months or a year from now the same predicitons and fear mongering will be going on still, there is a thin line between readiness and incitement and many of you are dippin your feet over the line.

i just started preparing in the exact way few weeks ago, i cant tell the future, but i have a strong feeling something very serious is goin to gooo downnn soon, i started putting 200 a month in cash in my room, incase i ever need to buy supplies, guns, food, my car, anything rly.. also im tryin to get fit and healthy cuz with the swine flu comin up, i dont no how dangerous it will be, prob not as bad for the idiots who get the vaccine, but its still a virus and it teams of total chaos u dont wanna be sick

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Your Number 1 Enemy =

TELEVISION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join