It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/20/09 NPR story on Jay-Z and the occult coming on air in a few min..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
when there's an MP3 posted on npr.org i'll post it..

All Things Considered

tune in right now 5:00 PST to listen to it...
i just heard them mention they're about to talk about Jay-Z's occult symbolism in his lyrics within the next half hour..

just a heads up for those that want to catch it / discuss it.

i think it's good that these hidden mysteries are brought into the public spotlight more and more to familiarize people with it...

because in the future.. it will all be revealed.. and you'll want a head start on understanding it..

i'm actually sick of people drawing parallels with evil types of satanism on the totality of all occult... it's ignorant.

to listen online www.npr.org... click listen then 24 hour stream
audio player - www.npr.org...

-

[edit on 20-9-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
k on now.. just heads

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is my reply to a similar thread (thread) :

Marilyn Manson pretended to be the Antichrist to promote "Antichrist Superstar" (and a couple of other characters for the following two albums) and that's all Jay-Z is doing: pretending. He's artistically feigning connections to the global elite to either make a point and/or sell albums. Artists do this all the time. David Bowie was "Ziggy Stardust" for a while (among other characters) but that doesn't mean he is actually an alien (probably).

The point is, artists take on alternate persona's to make artistic statements (and probably to have an excuse to play dress up, truth be told). These alter-egos add to the mystique surrounding their work, but at the end of the day, it's just a show. Rappers play the role of 'gangstas', rockers pretend to be aliens or demons, and Jay-Z is just pretending to somehow be connected to the NWO. $0.02

There's nothing sinister going on here. The only conspiracy here is the one among Jay-Z and the people promoting him to make it seem like this sort of thing isn't getting a bit cliche.

TA

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Funny how people go ga-ga over the new Muse album but dismiss Jay-Z as a pretender.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

Not really sure who Muse are. I've heard the name, but I can't connect it with anything I've heard recently. Either way, if they're trying something similar to what Jay-Z is currently trying, then yes, they too are using the creative license to give their work more depth. All artists do this to some extent, it's just a show.

TA

Edit to clarify my position:

I don't dislike Jay-Z; I actually own copies of a couple of his albums. It's just important that people realize that artists do things like this to make a point. Music is a rather one-dimensional medium for artistic expression, and doing things like taking on the role of the person(s) whose story your music tells adds depth to your art and (if done correctly) makes it more meaningful. But at the end of the day, it's just artistic expression. It's not to be taken seriously or literally.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
David Bowie was "Ziggy Stardust" for a while (among other characters) but that doesn't mean he is actually an alien (probably).

Actually, Bowie really is an alien.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
i'm actually sick of people drawing parallels with evil types of satanism on the totality of all occult... it's ignorant.

Here, here! I as well. I am no Satanist and I loath the Catholic Church, at least its previous incarnations. It's quite likely however that they have already been infiltrated by our Illuminati brothers and sisters (we do compartmentalize alot to protect ongoing operations) and the new fusion of science and religion into something greater that either alone has already begun to take form.

[edit on 9/21/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
This is my reply to a similar thread (thread) :

at the end of the day, it's just a show. Rappers play the role of 'gangstas', rockers pretend to be aliens or demons, and Jay-Z is just pretending to somehow be connected to the NWO. $0.02

aaand the ruling elite wouldn't ever think of ever dabbling in such an area... it's unheard of.. completely impossible for you to fathom them doing so for whatever reason/means...

funny you just tickled my funny bone.

There's nothing sinister going on here.

i didn't say it was sinister. I actually think it's enabling a new paradigm...

The only conspiracy here is the one among Jay-Z and the people promoting him to make it seem like this sort of thing isn't getting a bit cliche.

TA

so somehow rap artists want to boast about occult info
WITHOUT being part of the inner circle... WHILE being on the top of the (albeit sub-level) money pyramid of global hip hop that is Def Jam records...

hey.. uh.. do me a favor and re-do your logic with reason involved.. might help you out a bit next time.

-

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Some people say Sean Carter, a.k.a. Jay-Z, a.k.a. Jay Hova, is an atheist.
But I say he is Jewish.
The evidence points to this conclusion.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

aaand the ruling elite wouldn't ever think of ever dabbling in such an area... it's unheard of.. completely impossible for you to fathom them doing so for whatever reason/means...

Didn't say it was impossible. I implied that it was far-fetched, and that a more reasonable explanation is that Jay-Z is trying to make a point in an artistic manner. I'm about as paranoid as they come, and this whole idea is hard for even me to swallow.

so somehow rap artists want to boast about occult info WITHOUT being part of the inner circle... WHILE being on the top of the (albeit sub-level) money pyramid of global hip hop that is Def Jam records...

Don't really know what "inner circle" you're referring to, but if Jay-Z or anyone else wants to boast about whatever they want to, they're certainly free to do so. Honestly, the above argument makes no sense to me. If you're implying that I have a problem with rap artists taking creative liberties to make a point, you're wrong. If I took that the wrong way and you'd still like a reply, apologies and please clarify your point.

As for your various insults, this is as much a response as I intend to dignify them with.

TA

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Haven't artists been drawing lines from the occult for years anyway?

Listen to death metal and count the amount of references in each album...

Don't think it's linked to anything special, just a culture that's symbolism might seem attractive

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Most people draw the parallel between what went on with Led Zeppelin etc and what is going on with hiphop musicians today as if it is the same thing. No - it's different, the whole popular cultural landscape has changed since then.

Various rock musicians admitted to what they believed in if they were trying to make anti Christian statements. And Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc etc were not in your face all the time as the exemplars of people to respect and rock music was not involved in all aspects of the consumer society, promoting computers, alcohol, clothing lines and what have you.

I am not religous but I come from a Catholic background. My parents didn
't care for Led Zeppelin but didn't stop my older brothers buying their albums because it was more a music thing, not a lifestyle statement. By contrast, music generally and Hiphop specifically has been co-opted in a huge way by the brands and entertainment industry.

Jay Z, Rhiannon and Kanye West encouraging pure materialism and greed accompanied by occultic symbols is worth being concerned about. Jay Z hasn't been noted for his positivite messages to Black people a la Tupac Shakur. From day one Jay Z's message was about being part of the system and being contemptuous of those without. From time to time he has dropped token comments about poverty etc but these have been few and minor.

Money makes a human being - that's his message. The use of masked people and violent associations in Run this town is not about change for th better. It's about power over others whom you consider weak and not worth any consideration. All his bull# about Crowley tells you where he is coming from.

Crowley's self serving philosophy is spiritually bankrupt. It's also self defeating - you want to do what you like because you can? Fine - wait til others have the same idea in relation to you. Crowley's way is the way to burnout - he died a failure, debt ridden and a drug addict. By his works he was known.

Jay Z is glamorising something that is negative energy. Rhiannon's and Beyonce's videos are negative energy. You want to promote Baphomet and all that? Tell people, come out and be honest about what you are, who you are. The way to deal with these people is to buy nothing but it's hard getting through to people who can't see just how different this new propaganda for the occcult is as opposed to a Marilyn Manson who tells the world what he is and what he believes.

However, the last laugh is on the powers that be who make use of Jay Z, Kanye, Beyonce, Rhiannon etc. Expect some misfortune down the track.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dontbelievehype

If by crowleys self serving philosophy you are talking about Do what thou wilt, that does not mean just do whatever you want in life and live life in decadence. It means to find your true will and destiny and follow it. Sure, crowley wasnt such a great person but I think Do what thou wilt is a good motto or whatever. Everyone should find what they are truly supposed to do in life.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I appreciate the thought in your reply. I suppose I am putting Crowley in the historical context of the whole will to power movement and invocation of forces that encourage and activate the worst instincts of human beings.

It is no secret that people like Crowley and his near contemporaries/contemporaries actually influenced Nazism and other will to power movements. Crowley also frequently sneered at New Testament proclamations that it WASN"T the powerful, the egotistical, the wealthy, the indulgent, the selfish, the cruel who were significant people.

Many positive qualities were deemed by Crowley and his followers to be weakness yet these qualities are the ones that can affect for good a world that can be heartless, ruthless and cruel. I'd say where Crowley ended up in life summarises the validity of his particular occult beliefs. The fact that Jay Z is popularising the guy tells me much about his own hollowness.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by dontbelievehype]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontbelievehype
Jay Z, Rhiannon and Kanye West encouraging pure materialism and greed accompanied by occultic symbols is worth being concerned about. Jay Z hasn't been noted for his positivite messages to Black people a la Tupac Shakur. From day one Jay Z's message was about being part of the system and being contemptuous of those without. From time to time he has dropped token comments about poverty etc but these have been few and minor.

Who is "Rhiannon"??
No actually. He has written about coming up from nothing like a lot
of mainstream rappers and making a name for himself by working hard.
And then the usual subject matter of gangster life, hints at drugs, women, the rap game etc.

Money makes a human being - that's his message. The use of masked people and violent associations in Run this town is not about change for th better. It's about power over others whom you consider weak and not worth any consideration. All his bull# about Crowley tells you where he is coming from.

What modern day rapper doesn't? What about fifty cent? P Diddy or whatever he's calling himself now? And the countless others aswell as the record companies staged 'beef' between them to help sell records.

Jay Z is glamorising something that is negative energy. Rhiannon's and Beyonce's videos are negative energy. You want to promote Baphomet and all that? Tell people, come out and be honest about what you are, who you are.

Oh come off it for crying out loud. What are your examples of the above?
Is this negative energy? : www.youtube.com...
or this: www.youtube.com...

No they're just your average pop / rap modern music video.
If you want negative energy check out something like Slipknot or Piledriver etc etc.

However, the last laugh is on the powers that be who make use of Jay Z, Kanye, Beyonce, Rhiannon etc. Expect some misfortune down the track.

Jeez taking their time aren't they.

Jay-Z's been at the top of his game for well over a decade.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So it's Rhianna......Whatever the dupe's name is. Are you such a big fan of hiphop that you don't know how long Jay Z's been 'at the top'? If you've been a fan for years and kept track of it all you'll know that important books like Vibe's HipHop book published around 2,000 gave Jay Z a relatively small photo and few references.

He just wasn't important enough then, not even in the aftermath of Biggie's Death (97). He started hitting his stride in the few years before his first fake retirement. His first album Reasonable Doubt sold wood - it just didn't resonate with anybody who was used to getting food for thought, let's buck the system or genuinely witty hustler hiphop a la Biggie. It only sold very slowly which is one of the reasons he had no real status in hiphop for a while.

He was always second to Nas, something that ate away at him. In his beef with Nas he came off second best - in a radio interview done at the time you could hear his voice cracking up. When Eminem came along under Dre Jay Z was relegated yet again.

His usual boasting of how much money he made and all the hoes he was screwing was considered very much formulaic. He has written relatively few songs with any real subject matter - most of the songs are the same old same old hollow self promotion and I've got money garbage. A relative few are different.

When 50 Cent came along for a while he completely upstaged Jay Z. That's not a reflection on whether I think 50 Cent's music is any good - that's a reflection of what was going on. Jay Z was looking out of it and it's clearly one of the reasons he staged his 'retirement'. His record sales looked mediocre compared to the 5 million or so 50 sold for his first cd under Interscope.

Since screwing over Damon Dash and staging his 'comeback' Jay Z has gone from strength to strength. This is mostly to do with his alliances with Lyor Cohen, Doug Morris and the other whites that run the industry and dictate what Black artists should be doing. There is reason to believe he did those deals for the Def Jam presidency, club and business deals etc because he was rewarded for siding with the white masters and giving precious information on other Blacks in the industry.

His ugly, soul-less, dead looking face is everywhere. He is in cahoots with everybody who ever ripped off their Black artists, he's in cahoots with the powers that be which explains why his prostituting himself is even more high profile. You don't get to do all these things without the blessings of white industry owners, entertainment in all aspects not just music.

It's clear he has embellished his 'drug dealing' past and used his ex friends' stories. It is clear he promotes negative occult imagery - yes, promoting images that have been associated in other cultures with human sacrifice is negative for many people. He also had a boyfriend for a while - Larry Johnson. Larry is well known as a famous footballing Black bi. They lived together in the Trump Tower before he got married to Beyonce.

DeadSoul Jay Z most likely married Beyonce for reasons other than het love. Business, also like those arranged Hollywood marriages that gay and bi actors had to go through.

His business but again it's the fraud that many people object to because he is putting himself out there as something he is not. He is also carrying out the white masters' agendas including promotion of the occult. He is a useful idiot. Those who tend to move in those circles will get burned - it can take a long time, there is no timeline.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's clear he has embellished his 'drug dealing' past and used his ex friends' stories. It is clear he promotes negative occult imagery - yes, promoting images that have been associated in other cultures with human sacrifice is negative for many people. He also had a boyfriend for a while - Larry Johnson. Larry is well known as a famous footballing Black bi. They lived together in the Trump Tower before he got married to Beyonce.

DeadSoul Jay Z most likely married Beyonce for reasons other than het love. Business, also like those arranged Hollywood marriages that gay and bi actors had to go through.

What a load of nonsense.

You talk about things being 'clear' yet have no evidence to support your claims.

"His ugly, soul-less, dead looking face is everywhere"

That just makes you sound bitter. What are you actually trying to say here?

You clearly have deep rooted issues with him for being a celebrity, but posting false allegations about his private life
is pretty low and cynical.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by pmexplorer]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I appreciate the thought in your reply. I suppose I am putting Crowley in the historical context of the whole will to power movement and invocation of forces that encourage and activate the worst instincts of human beings.

Which may not be entirely accurate. Crowley was definitely a Nietzschean, but had quite a bit of depth (like Nietzsche).

It is no secret that people like Crowley and his near contemporaries/contemporaries actually influenced Nazism and other will to power movements.

Crowley and his contemporaries were universally denounced by the Nazis and Fascists. He himself was expelled from Sicily under Mussolini's orders, and his German followers were persecuted by the Nazis (with Karl Germer, Crowley's successor, having being incarcerated in a Nazi concentration camp due to his involvement with Crowley).

Crowley also frequently sneered at New Testament proclamations that it WASN"T the powerful, the egotistical, the wealthy, the indulgent, the selfish, the cruel who were significant people.

Actually, Crowley was sneering at what he thought was the hypocrisy of it all...since the wealthy, the indulgent, the egotistical, selfish, and cruel all claimed themselves to be "Christians". It was because of this that he had found little worth in Christianity, viewing it as a system of high words and low actions.

Many positive qualities were deemed by Crowley and his followers to be weakness yet these qualities are the ones that can affect for good a world that can be heartless, ruthless and cruel.

Crowley actually believed the world was on the verge of a massive spiritual enlightenment, which would open the door to a future utopian society based on the principles of universal brotherhood and scientific-based new religion.

I'd say where Crowley ended up in life summarises the validity of his particular occult beliefs.

He "ended up" relatively ok. He was a very prolific author, and completely his last book (probably his best) just before he died. He also worked until the very end on the Thoth Tarot, published after his death.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Poor pmexplorer.....
Ah, just another person who believes there are no agendas in what musicians/actors/singers etc are constantly pushed on the public. Your ignorance is evident.

In all my posts on the hiphop scene, Jay Z and other lackeys, I have cited enough knowledge for you to accept if you want to. Maybe you are a hiphop fan but you know it only on the most superficial level. The hiphop scene has gone through many changes, most of them negative, owing to what was the voice of the voiceless becoming commercialised and consumed by an overwhelmingly white entertainment industry.

The progression of the music and its promotion is clear - Jay Z's ascent was very much heavily marketed because it has the approval of those who run the entertainment industry. You need to do some research and if you are lacking in the key elements of Camel Face's life then you are just being lazy in not doing your homework.

Those who are knowledgeable know the names De-Haven, Calvin Klein, Jaz O, Damon Dash, Kareem Burke and others who have been thoroughly screwed by this hollow man. The late Tupac knew the fraud Jay Z was and is.

If you bother to read numerous sources from different elements of
the Black community (SNIP) you'll find that contrary to the Hollywood/Oprah/Doug Morris-Lyor Cohen/entertainment congolomerate version of this guy's life, there is some strong evidence that he is a snitch in a fundamental way and has been rewarded for it.

You'll also find out about his boyfriend Larry Johnson, and the info has come from a number of sources within the Black community and from people who actually work at Trump Towers where the two lived. The same sources are the ones who have posted
photos of Diddy (Sean Puffy Combes) with his male lovers on the net and all these photos have of course been removed.

The guy is bi at least and it has long been perceived within music circles by people who wrote/write for music magazines.

His choice but the late Pimp C spoke for a lot of the hiphop community who don't want to rock the boat - come out and be honest about it. Of course the image of het, ex bigtime drug dealer sells records and always did. Selling an image is nothing new but some people don't like the facade.

Jay Z's latest bull# is the flaunting of occult imagery. Baphomet has evil association for a number of occult groups including the 9 Angles to whom I was referred by a poster on this site. They use expressions like Run this town. Crowley is no positive thing to promote to the Black community for whom this guy supposedly cares about.

In the words of a Black internet poster who #ted on De-Haven on his website, 'Jay Z is a cold dude'. A member of Jay Z's circle (that was who this man was) calling the guy 'cold' - that's something.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by dontbelievehype]

[edit on 14-10-2009 by asala]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It is no secret that people like Crowley and his near contemporaries/contemporaries actually influenced Nazism and other will to power movements. Crowley also frequently sneered at New Testament proclamations that it WASN"T the powerful, the egotistical, the wealthy, the indulgent, the selfish, the cruel who were significant people.

Many positive qualities were deemed by Crowley and his followers to be weakness yet these qualities are the ones that can affect for good a world that can be heartless, ruthless and cruel. I'd say where Crowley ended up in life summarises the validity of his particular occult beliefs. The fact that Jay Z is popularising the guy tells me much about his own hollowness.

Actually Crowley was part of a group that worked against the Nazi's - The real culprit as far as influencing the Nazi's was Helena Blavatsky - her theories on the Aryan race and the "root races" was a huge influence on Hitler and the SS in their campaign to justify genocide... Crowley was contemptuous of Blatvatsky- and rightly so - Blavatsky was a con- artist among other things - however she continues to influence the gullible mainly through Alice Bailey's organization [who also maintains the extremely racist root race theory] Lucus Trust which used to be called Lucifer Trust [!] They changed the name of the organization back in the last century - guess it was a little too blatant..lol... - this organization has tentacles everywhere now including the United Nations...

I'm not a Crowley apologist by the way - agree he was not much of a human being - just trying set the record straight....
Most of the artists who are into using his notoriety are naive - some are perhaps actually into his teachings - Zepplin, Stones, and many others were most definitely into Crowley if for no other reason than that he was a notorious bad boy of his generation.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by realshanti]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join