It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival "Tin" - Do you carry one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Believe you me - if we were allowed to carry firearms in the UK most people would.

But the fact of the matter is that we are the petri dish of Europe...

- the experiment to see how the rest of the world would take such laws (a bit like China).

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

Can't even carry a knife which greatly annoys me. What if i want to practice some bushcraft skills in the local woods? Well if i get caught on the way with my knife then i'm going to prison

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I teach a few local police and they all say that they use their discretion when it comes to stuff like that - if you're on your way to the bush and you're quite clearly taking the knife for that purpose nobody's going to lock you up but probably best not to broadcast it

Anyway back to survival tins -

Anybody got any more good ideas?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

Glad you're teaching the police because i almost got arrested for having a swiss army knife on me, despite it being of legal size they said i needed a good reason to carry it. I was on the way to a friends farm so i phoned him, passed the phone to the officer, my story confirmed i was safe and on my way, still scary.

As for tins, how about one of those compact emergency reflective blankets? They can obviously be used to keep warm but also are good for rain catching and signalling. If the full blanket won't fit in your tin what about cutting a small section of it to be used to wrap around your head but also still big enough for the other 2 uses.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join