It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Crickets -- unbelievably beautiful!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just found this on the Net:

Some guy recorded the sounds of ordinary crickets and digitally slowed them down to match and mirror the length of a human lifespan. The result is something that sounds like a choir of angels.

Go to this website: God's Crickets and click on "Listen."

It's so incredibly beautiful, I got goose bumps. Amazing what marvels Mother Nature provides... sometimes I wonder how much is out there that our five senses are simply not equipped to see or hear...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by sylvie]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Here is a taster for anyone who wishes to hear it first.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Uh, I think what your hearing is background music...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

I personally only posted the video to help out the OP....not really that fussed

But have to say, from the website listed by the OP, this was there..

The story behind GOD'S CRICKETS This unusual recording contains two tracks: 1. the natural sound of crickets chirping 2. the sound of the crickets slowed down to match and mirror the length of the average lifespan of a human being. The angelic chorus you hear accompanying the sound of the crickets is NOT a synthesizer or a chorus singing. It's the crickets themselves (slowed down) creating the effect. Really an amazing thing they've accomplished here. This recording can be played continuously in the background to create a natural soothing atmosphere for calming and healing.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
QUICK QUESTION
would anything slowed down this much create this sound? like would a car engine make this sound too?... just a thought, it could be a universal "slow" sound

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ucanneverdie]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow, this is really profound to me. It opens new perspectives, ideas and views towards the nature of nature. Thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie
QUICK QUESTION
would anything slowed down this much create this sound? like would a car engine make this sound too?... just a thought, it could be a universal "slow" sound

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ucanneverdie]

I honestly think so. Knowing everything is created from a pattern, I watched the rain and noticed a pattern in how it falls as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wow, this is amazing. It almost reminds me of Schubert's Ave Maria with a chorus.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Hi Sylvie,

All of God's creatures are beautiful, wonderful, and totally unbelievable, and that includes us - mankind.

Thank you for your beautiful thread.

And I hope that anyone reading this realizes that they, themselves, are beautiful, wonderful, and capable of all good things.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Now that is pretty amazing! its like a symphony I love it. It makes me wonder about some other natural sounds that could be slowed down, like the sound of a humming bird's wings cutting through the air, or raindrops into puddles or a bee's buzzing. Great post. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Pretty amazing stuff! I have heard crickets while meditating before and thought there was something inherently beautiful and soothing about the sound. I guess I just had to slow it down

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Maybe in a deep enough trance, you know how things tend to slow down for you, maybe we can even get slow enough to hear these choirs?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the songs of the Humpback Whale only more angelic sounding. Gotta love Mother Nature.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
[edit on 21-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR
That's the background music.

The cricket sounds are there, what you are hearing is the background music to set the mood.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

Did you read my quote from above?

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Chovy

I personally only posted the video to help out the OP....not really that fussed

But have to say, from the website listed by the OP, this was there..

The story behind GOD'S CRICKETS This unusual recording contains two tracks: 1. the natural sound of crickets chirping 2. the sound of the crickets slowed down to match and mirror the length of the average lifespan of a human being. The angelic chorus you hear accompanying the sound of the crickets is NOT a synthesizer or a chorus singing. It's the crickets themselves (slowed down) creating the effect. Really an amazing thing they've accomplished here. This recording can be played continuously in the background to create a natural soothing atmosphere for calming and healing.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

sylvie
Just found this on the Net:

Some guy recorded the sounds of ordinary crickets and digitally slowed them down to match and mirror the length of a human lifespan. The result is something that sounds like a choir of angels.

Go to this website: God's Crickets and click on "Listen."

It's so incredibly beautiful, I got goose bumps. Amazing what marvels Mother Nature provides... sometimes I wonder how much is out there that our five senses are simply not equipped to see or hear...

way cool, sounds like my tune, broken angels.

soundcloud.com...

edit on 30400711530am2013 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

thirdeyeflight
Now that is pretty amazing! its like a symphony I love it. It makes me wonder about some other natural sounds that could be slowed down, like the sound of a humming bird's wings cutting through the air, or raindrops into puddles or a bee's buzzing. Great post. Thank you.

Along those lines, here's a vid showing the sounds made by tiny meteorites striking the icy rings of Saturn with the frequency of the radio waves (captured by the Cassini probe) reduced *uniformly* by a factor of 5. It really does make you wonder about the bigger picture.

The beautiful music is unmistakable - and amazing. The "alien speech" part at the end where they increased the frequency - not so much. But listen to the music...

Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join