Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'WORLD to forge a NEW global currency ORDER' - HSBC bids farewell to dollar supremacy

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Any time I see New World Order in the press I like to draw it to the attention of ATS.

HSBC bids farewell to dollar supremacy

The sun is setting on the US dollar as the ultra-loose monetary policy of the US Federal Reserve forces China and the vibrant economies of the emerging world to forge a new global currency order, according to a new report by HSBC.

"The dollar looks awfully like sterling after the First World War," said David Bloom, the bank's currency chief.

"The whole picture of risk-reward for emerging market currencies has changed. It is not so much that they have risen to our standards, it is that we have fallen to theirs. It used to be that sovereign risk was mainly an emerging market issue but the events of the last year have shown that this is no longer the case. Look at the UK – debt is racing up to 100pc of GDP," he said

We've know about calls to replace the dollar as the global currency for a while now. That's one issue.

The other is the Telegraph's shameful attempt to disguise the New World Order in its article.

Actually better demonstrated by the link to the story, that's what caught my eye!

Very sneaky!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

it was bound to happen eventually

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why are people so scared of the dollar crashing?

It's a fiat currency, backed by NOTHING but lies and the blood of innocents.

Perhaps a new US currency would sound less frightening than a new global currency.

Or simply back the dollar with gold once again (yeah right!).

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

Someone in a recent post elsewhere made an interesting point. If we switched back to a gold standard, what's to say they won't just lie about how much gold we have?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

Someone in a recent post elsewhere made an interesting point. If we switched back to a gold standard, what's to say they won't just lie about how much gold we have?

i agree...the fake money we have now is just as good as the fake gold they would say we have if we went to a gold standard...either way same bs different name and looks...doesnt really matter

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
Why are people so scared of the dollar crashing?

It's a fiat currency, backed by NOTHING but lies and the blood of innocents.

Perhaps a new US currency would sound less frightening than a new global currency.

Or simply back the dollar with gold once again (yeah right!).

Well, we probably couldn't go back to a gold backed dollar simply because of the numbers of people and the amount of gold available. However, we could use a different commodity or a mix of commodities to back it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Silver, titanium, bronze, etc.

Personally, I'd rather have an existence where we barter instead of using currency.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve Note is what is Dead.
Long live the US Dollar! It was backed with gold and silver. It was worth something inherently.

The Federal Reserve note is simply finally meetings up with its intrinsic worth.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Personally, I'd rather have an existence where we barter instead of using currency.

I'm in complete agreement with you. Would be nice to see. If things continue to get worse with no real signs of recovery then I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more people do exactly that - barter. It will also lead to a large black market for us commoners to buy our goods.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
the "new global currency" will not be printed on paper or backed by anything, it will simply be "credits." your employer will direct deposit these credits into your account, and provide you with a card to buy things with. kinda like a debit card. it will work to their advantage because if there is no physical currency EVERY transaction can be tracked.... and taxed.

i know people who havent touched physical dollars in years. this is the future. too bad.

now the question is, are they crashing the dollar on purpose??

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Barter system only works in theory, eventually someone will say 'hm I hate having to carry around this junk, why cant we have something that represents goods and is easy to take with us?"

I cant remember if it was natives in Canada or elsewhere but they used things such as shells and sand dollars (which I believe is where they got their name) and I always wondered, hmm wouldnt everyone be spending all their time in the ocean then getting rich?

I think gold was used because it must have healing properties or something, would explain why jewellery of gold is worn and so popular...
I mean you got quartz and pyrite everywhere and it is pretty but no gold only...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is more B.S. no one is dropping the dollar until they feel Obama has had a chance to improve things. The man has 8yrs of disaster to clean up and it hasn't even been a year yet. They'll give Obama 3yrs or so before even considering making a call. Why? Because if Obama does turn things around (numbers are actually starting to look up already) then the world will be stuck with their new crap dollar which is worth zilch compared to the US. They'll be taking their time on this.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid

i know people who havent touched physical dollars in years. this is the future. too bad.

now the question is, are they crashing the dollar on purpose??

Well, it seems the market is completely manipulated by certain people/powers. This has always been the case to some degree because of insider trading.
Anyway, if you think that the market is completely manipulated (or close enough) there are only two scenarios I can think of to get the dollar where it is today:

1. "They" (whoever "They" are) want the dollar to be worthless;
2. "They" screwed up. IF there is a secret group of "They" they are still human and we humans tend to screw up.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Have fun in Venezuela.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

You could by right, although I hope not.

Even if they go totally electronic there will have to be some way of avoiding total tracability. Too much of the global economy depends on illegal transactions: Narcotics, human trafficing, arms trade, etc. I believe illegal transactions account for somewhere between a quarter and a third of global GNP, although I could be mistaken and I have no source to back that up. Lots of people in power like their "money in the shade." No matter what happens they will not give up havens, secrecy, and laundering.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Bartering only works if you do something useful.

For example, good luck not starving to death trying to trade Janitorial services for bread and water.

Bartering is cool in theory, but in practice, eventually people will always move to a currency which can buy anything from anyone, as opposed to bartering, which relies heavily on having a product that everyone wants.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This is why the dollar will always be king. International drug traffickers don't want pounds of gold, Yen, or Euro- they want US $100 dollar bills.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

the "new global currency" will not be printed on paper or backed by anything, it will simply be "credits." your employer will direct deposit these credits into your account, and provide you with a card to buy things with. kinda like a debit card. it will work to their advantage because if there is no physical currency EVERY transaction can be tracked.... and taxed.

THEN HOW WILL I BUY DRUGS, FIREWORKS, HOOKERS, AND PARTICIPATE IN OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES LIKE SPORTS BETTING AND JAYWALKING!?

Arg... I am defeated.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

THEN HOW WILL I BUY DRUGS, FIREWORKS, HOOKERS, AND PARTICIPATE IN OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES LIKE SPORTS BETTING AND JAYWALKING!?

Arg... I am defeated.

exactly. haha

you're doomed....

jaywalking

nowthen, about barter i agree, it sounds good in theory but only works for certain things. for example you may be willing to give me a sweet WWI rifle if i pour your patio concrete and thats great. but people offering bread may not need a patio poured and wants instead a carton of smokes for his bread. so what do i do? spend two weeks trying to broker a deal with a guy who has a carton of smokes that needs a new patio so i can take the carton to the guy who sells bread so my kids dont starve to death? By then i would have taken my WWI rifle and robbed your bread.

There has to be a universal medium of exchange, the trick is to keep it out of the hands of international bankers and instead into the hands of actual elected officals, not appointed ones. (oops there i go siting the constitution again, crazy me)

[edit on 20-9-2009 by turbokid]

new topics

top topics

join