It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was you doing when you was aged three

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The UN and a leading childs charity Barnardos have reported their concern at the demonizing of youngsters in the UK. But imo this takes the biscuit.

Two three year old boys are being investigated by police for vandalism has been reported in the Daily Wail (Mail)

.Two boys aged three have become the youngest suspects in British criminal history.They were questioned by police, in separate cases, after complaints of vandalism.
The two are among ten children under six who have been subject to investigations for crimes including sexual offences and criminal damage.
The figures, from officials in Scotland, include a five-year-old boy cautioned for lewd behaviour

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I am at a loss to know how two three year old toddlers could be accused of vandalism, did they draw on a neighbours car, or pick a few flowers from their garden. wrong yes, but kids of three tread on ants. If it was consistant breaking the neighbours fence why not question the parents.
Was the sexual offences kids having a look at the 'bits' that are different, According to an online dictionary lewd behavior is being sexually unchaste or licentious, we are talking about a five year old child, how can he be i.e. unchaste? He could of course have been abused and enacting what he had been taught to do, but why caution him. As it was a sexual offence this will be with him for a long time, if not forever.
Not so long ago I read of two girls getting a caution for playing hopscotch on the pavement (sidewalk) Another child got a warning for climbing a garden tree and looking into the neighbours garden, it infringed the neighbours privacy.

I can see this becoming more frequent which will result in even more control by the state and police. People will be afraid to let their kids even play in the garden. The only interaction with others will be at school overlorded by the thought police.

I wonder did any of you on ATS get up to mischief when you were kids, or were you all paragons of virtue?
What was you doing when you was three.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Mischief is actually a sign of intelligence. Children with out ambition don't seek trouble or work their way around things.

What I do know about 3 year olds, as I have one, is that they will do anything the older children do.

Whether they realize they are doing it or not.

It sounds like people are trying to make the parents pay fro letting kids run amok.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My earliest instance of vandalism occurred when I was three. My family was attending a wedding reception and I was caught swiping the icing from the groom's cake. Fortunately the damage was minimal and the newly wed couple were gracious enough not to throw my criminally-inclined tush in the slammer.

As far as toddlers in general are concerned, mischief making is part of their social learning process. The crayon marks on my living room wall courtesy of my son are a prime example of this, and no, I don't feel this act is going to lead him into a life of crime.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It sounds like the UK is ready for child slavery again. Something is
horrendously wrong for anything like that to be going on. If this is
government you don't want it, Whooops, sorry I forgot they took
away all the guns - there's nothing you can do about it. Oh, right
vote. That should change everything. I'm truly sorry, no sarcasm
about that. Maybe once the US liberates itself we can help you out.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
When I was age 3 I was using the command prompt in DOS to get into my games.

C:\ cd\games\kq1.exe
When I was 3 I beat kings quest 1
When I was 3 I played with legos.
When I was 3 I tried to learn to read, I kinda could.
I still have those legos.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the most vandalism my three, almost four-year-old, has been (and likely could/would be involved in) is markers in his walk-in closet...

and crayons on the carpet...

these are not the smartest things he does...but definitely the most that could be termed "bad." i don't think a child of that age has the comprehension (and my son is pretty smart) to purposely do bad...i always say "bad kids=bad parenting" but i don't think any three-year-old is THAT bad (vandals)

maybe those UK kids grow up faster?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not an example of vandalism, but of..social disobedience? Or just being a wiseguy?..

My 2 year old grandson was bad and his mom put him in his timeout chair. She went back to folding laundry, with her back to him.

When her back was to him, he would stand up. When she started to turn around, he sat back down quickly.

I almost peed myself trying to hold back my laughter.

Kids will be kids. Let them be, and don't make too big a deal of it unless their actions have the potential to harm them.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
When I was 3, my Mom read comic books to me, when I was 4, I was reading them myself. Loved comic books!!
My 2,3, and 4 year old grandchildren are definitely not into comic books. Mostly see how fast they can tear up a new toy!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is why they intend to have DNA profiling in the future.

Pre-birth profiling...more eugenics planned.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Attempted to edit above post to add this, but had computer glitch.

Dizzylizzy, the reason you are seeing more articles with this kind of slant is to get the public used to the idea of what is to come. It's the frog in the lukewarm water. Tip-toe totalitarism. By the time it is implemented, you will already have your mind set (through their manipulation) that it is the right thing to do.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It sounds like the UK is ready for child slavery again. Something is
horrendously wrong for anything like that to be going on. If this is
government you don't want it, Whooops, sorry I forgot they took
away all the guns - there's nothing you can do about it.

Lol, for a second there I thought you were suggesting that we shoot the children

As for what I got up to - I do remember picking half the flowers out of my neighbours' garden and then giving the flowers to them.....I thought I was being nice. The neighbours were old and talked to my mum about it - she talked to me and explained why I couldn't do that - the flowers were not mine to pick.

I also remember finding a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest - took it home to look after.

Gotta admit that the Political Correctness in this country has gone waaaay OTT.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
All I remember from being 3 is watching star wars on my grans vhs about 5 times a day until i knew all the words.
Some serious indoctrination going on there. Although maybe it taught me never to go to the "dark side", which can't be a bad thing for any aspiring citizen.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

That's basically what I said above, but it was deleted.

I WAS LEARNING ENGLISH AT AGE THREE is an ON TOPIC statement answering the OP's question.

I guess the use of sarcasm to make a relevant point is not appreciated around here.

Thanks for the EIGHT stars whoever you were.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That, to me is an off-topic post.
What the frig has gun control got to do with any of this?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't remember what I was doing when I was three, but I'm sure I wasn't conjugating either.

top topics

join