It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin says Israel promised not to strike Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Kremlin says Israel promised not to strike Iran

www.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Israel promised Russia it would not launch an attack on Iran, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said in an interview aired on Sunday in which he described such an assault as "the worst thing that can be imagined."

Israel has hinted it could forcibly deny Iran the means to make an atomic bomb if it refuses to suspend uranium enrichment and has criticized Russia for agreeing to supply to Tehran S-300 anti-aircraft weapons that could complicate an attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
if already posted kindly close thread....

but this is huge news fir the world and something we must celebrate...we finally know what Netanayu's secret visit to moscow was all about...

i hope this is true and all the sings we had lately points towards peace

last week i was very worried than attack was imminent and couldnt be avoided but now with october around the corner and talks will start with Tehran maybe World War 3 isnt that close

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-9-2009 by heineken]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
sry folks...but i think i got carried away...

During a meeting in the Russian resort of Sochi in August, Israeli President Shimon Peres said Israel would not attack Iran, Medvedev said. After the meeting, Peres told journalists Medvedev had promised to reconsider a contract to sell S-300s to Iran.

i donno y they posted such news...a promise done in August...

maybe we still have to keep an eye in the mid East

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
When it comes to politicians the world over they all have one thing in common...they love to lie through their teeth!

We the people have to keep speaking out for peace, towards peace and not taking the path of least resistence any longer when it comes to tucking tail before the war mongerers who would accuse us of prejudice, cowardice and stupidity for so called naive world views.

An Israeli attack on Iran, even one that does not lead to an escalating of over all violence is still going to cause the Iranians to mine and block the Persian Gulf and stop oil shipments for at least a month as Navies from around the world clean out the mines and scuddled ships to prevent an egological disaster of a major oil spill in the Persian Gulf.

Iran which sits on the narrow strategic Straights of Hormuz can and will block this vital passageway within minutes to hours of an Israeli attack and it will take a month to clean up.

The price of gasoline will sky rocket over night, becoming too expensive and possibly to scarce for most people to even afford to drive their cars to their jobs.

Groceries will skyrocket in price to go along with skyrocketing fuel prices.

Other basic commodities will follow suit, and the precarious world economy will collapse.

So all you arm chair warriors, Christian Wariors, Hebrew Warriors, Zionist Warriors and Red White and Blue Warriors out there itching for another glorious watch on TV at home X-box style war...

Do be careful because you just might get what you wished for...

Rest assured though IT WON'T BE what you bargained for.

Give peace a chance, and everyone should be speaking up quietly but firmly the world over that we want peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Your practicing vigilance; I agree with that a 1000%
I had seen the article in the OP as well, but just know better. Proto is right, it is up to the People to continue making strides towards, and for peace.

I'd rather be a peace lover any day over being a war monger......

S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by heineken

Your practicing vigilance; I agree with that a 1000%
I had seen the article in the OP as well, but just know better. Proto is right, it is up to the People to continue making strides towards, and for peace.

I'd rather be a peace lover any day over being a war monger......

S&F

The only way we ever defeat and limit the influence of the monied oligarchs and powers that be is to just stop responding and participating and playing in their game.

Just because the hidden despots of the world cloistered in their rarefied mansions and clubs as much out of fear as for the sake of luxury are bitter and twisted and driven with hate and anger and rage doesn't mean we have to be.

We can and should learn how to live in peace, and we all have to speak up for it and want it to get it.

Sadly there is more money to be made off of war than peace, so they prefer to give us war than peace.

We need to give peace a fair chance while there is still some peace left on this world.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sort of like Bin Laden and his thugs weren't going to hijack terror and fly it into the U.S..........

See ya on the frontlines.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

If israel attack iran, do you think they really would let them set mines inthe straights? im sure they'd shoot down their ships too...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTravelerSo all you arm chair warriors, Christian Wariors, Hebrew Warriors, Zionist Warriors and Red White and Blue Warriors out there itching for another glorious watch on TV at home X-box style war...

They don't care what happens as long as prophesy is fulfilled. They live for Armageddon.

Warriors want war.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah this whole "closing the straights" stuff is BS. It would stay closed for um oh i dont about 10 minutes!!!! The worlds oil comes through there. Even countries who dont want to get involved would get involved when it comes to choking off their supply. The straights would be "opened" in no time.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I did a thread regarding Oil choke points, and there are two major choke points. The strait of hormuz, and the Suez Canal. Both are easily blocked, and Iran has several ships stationed in both places. They are set, and ready.

Should these two water ways be blocked via sunken ships...Yes, the Iranians sinking their own ships...Then over 40% of the World's oil supplies will be shut down.

The USA uses the most oil in the World... by a very large percentage, and also it is imported by a very large percentage. The countries that will be siding with Iran are, and now have their own "in country" oil supplies..... They use no where near as much as the USA.

Also, I have proof to the effect that the USA, Europe, and Israel are scared of such an event as these two water ways being shut down. The Med. Sea is filling up with what could be compared to a parking lot for oil tankers. It is unusual, and has never been done before, but now the Med. Sea is full of loaded oil tankers. Also, across Europe they have loaded all the oil field tanks, or supply depots to the brims in what appears to be anticipation.

The official story for the oil hoarding was something along the lines of evening out the oil prices.....

[edit on 20-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If Russia still maintains that it will sell the S-300 anti-aircraft system to Iran, then I think a military strike is still on the cards.

Israel will feel the pressure of "Now or never" if that deal goes ahead.
It seems Ahmadinejad has already said that the debate and discussion over his country's nuclear program is over, and that they will never abandon their right to nuclear technology.
No doubt this will be said by him once again during the October 1st meeting and talks.
That combined with his apparent most recent holocaust denial and "Israel will not last much longer" I think this whole issue is far from over

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Israeli Promise?

It's kind of an oxymoron really!

I'd buy acres of swampland before I bought any kind of Israeli promise!

Meh!

IRM

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Warriors want war.

Thats not true, ever read Sun Tzu? True warriors win first and then go to war! Warriors do not desire murder only do so when the absolute necessary. Take the moral high ground. You are thinking of thugs.

In an interview with CNN recorded on Tuesday, Medvedev denied Moscow was backing Iran but said it had the right to supply defensive weapons and said sanctions against Tehran should only be used as a last resort.

An attack would lead to "a humanitarian disaster, a vast number of refugees, Iran's wish to take revenge and not only upon Israel, to be honest, but upon other countries as well," Medvedev said, according to a Kremlin transcript.

Couldnt agree more Medvedev. You're still no Putin though.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Originally posted by whaaa
Warriors want war.

Thats not true, ever read Sun Tzu? True warriors win first and then go to war! Warriors do not desire murder only do so when the absolute necessary. Take the moral high ground. You are thinking of thugs.

Perhaps thugs is the proper term. I was referring to the military/industrial complex and the people that worship the mind set they portray.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Iran isn't going to choke anything off.

Any first move by Israel or the US would be a preventive strike to all Iranian forces capable of causing that trouble.

Think 5000 cruise missiles pounding the holy crap out of Iranian forces anywhere near those choke points.

A strike on Iran (if it happens) will be very interesting for sure.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is how I see it.

Israel calmly and cogently informs Russia that she isn't planning a strike; in turn, Putin and Medvedev delay or cancel the sale of the S-300 missiles to Iran.

Meanwhile, Ehud Barak, Israel's defence minister, comes out and says Iran isn't an 'existential threat,' and that North Korea is the pressing issue.

Barak: Iran not ‘existential’ threat

Barak: US should deal with halting North Korea's nuclear weapons program before Iran's

And so, without the S-300s to protect her, Iran lowers her guard for a brief moment.

In that moment...

Also, Wormwood is right about the choke-off thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Israel doesn`t want to face off against S-300`s as they really could lose an air attack so far from home - the aircraft would need alot of tanker support anyway - and it would need to be within range of the missiles

yes the S-300 is that dangerious - the west has only ever seen it once at Trial Hammer `05 when Slovakia brought an older S-300 system along to the wargame - and it actively `worried` the commanders then.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Update:

Breaking - Deputy FM: Israel still has military option on Iran

"I don't think that, with all due respect, the Russian president is authorized to speak for Israel and certainly we have not taken any option off the table."

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
sry folks...but i think i got carried away...

During a meeting in the Russian resort of Sochi in August, Israeli President Shimon Peres said Israel would not attack Iran, Medvedev said. After the meeting, Peres told journalists Medvedev had promised to reconsider a contract to sell S-300s to Iran.

i donno y they posted such news...a promise done in August...

maybe we still have to keep an eye in the mid East

You don't think that the S-300scould be replacements for the ones intercepted on that Russian boat that went "missing" last month do you???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't mean to be fear mongering, and my apologies if I come across as such, but I doubt that the situation is as peacefully resound as reported. But at the same time, I agree with Sancho and Proto that much of it lies in the people.

If large groups of people get together and start spewing, the nations MSM will pick up on it and report such. That can affect political situations.

I'd like to think that there is nothing here, but seems to me like some sly back dealings by nations...

-Sliadon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join