It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 21st - UN International Day Of Peace - 'WMD – We Must Disarm'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
September 21st is the UN's International Day of Peace.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0cfc12730df.png[/atsimg]

Disarmament and non-proliferation

The International Day of Peace, observed each year on 21 September, is a global call for ceasefire and non-violence. This year the Secretary-General is calling on governments and citizens to focus on nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation.

On 13 June 2009, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon launched a multiplatform campaign under the slogan WMD – We Must Disarm to mark the 100-day countdown leading up to the International Day of Peace on 21 September.

During the 100 days of the campaign, the United Nations will raise awareness of the dangers and costs of nuclear weapons by issuing a reason a day on why nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation are so crucial, via Twitter and the social networking sites Facebook and MySpace. The Secretary-General has been joined in the campaign by United Nations Messenger of Peace Michael Douglas, who has championed the cause of disarmament for the United Nations since 1998, and American actor Rainn Wilson, featured in the TV series The Office.

Everyone can take action by signing a Declaration to support the Secretary-General’s drive to rid the world of nuclear weapons, and by submitting their own reasons why We Must Disarm in the space provided below.

The International Day of Peace was established by the UN General Assembly in 1981 for “commemorating and strengthening the ideals of peace within and among all nations and people.” Twenty years later, the General Assembly decided that 21 September would be observed annually as a “day of global ceasefire and non-violence" and invited all Member States, organizations and individuals to commemorate the day, including through education and public awareness, and to cooperate with the United Nations in the establishment of a global ceasefire.

I was going to write a sarcastic tongue in cheek bit about the impotence of such an initiative. But you know what, how about sending out some positive energy into the Cosmos for a change?

A global cease fire would be a great thing, peace and love is what it's all about!

I don't know what the results of a global 'International Day of Peace' will be, but lets mark it by taking a moment to wish for Peace and Disarmament, why not indeed!

Have a good International Day of Peace everybody!

I have a trip to the dentists tomorrow lol!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10e2645d8969.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I heard during this time if the rapture were to happen now that's th false peace the Bible mentioned.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Disarm... yeah right... Let's go ahead and do that AFTER the Dictatorships do. (Russia, China, etc.)

Reminds me of the original "Battlestar Glactica"

Peace! Peace!.... WHAM were screwed.

And from who... the U.N.... yeah that wonderful corrupt organization in which 3/4 of the member states are totalitarian regimes.... Surely they have OUR best interest at heart... LOL... No thanks.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All I can say to that is "you disarm first". They won't. End of discussion.

new topics

top topics

join