It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU-37/4... The best plane in the world ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
DOUBLEPOST.

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by Replicator
do dogfights actually happens over the speed of sound?

im sure they must speed down and then the Su47 will be able to do one of those stunts to get behind the stinky F-22

both are stealth

Keep dreaming bud. That Su-47 would blown to pieces if it attempted one of those manouvres. In a dogfight speed equals life. Slowing down to the speeds the Su-47 does to perform its manouvres would be certain death.
Todays air to air missiles can pull too many gees for an aircraft doing those manouvres to evade.
So yes the Su-47 is good for acrobatics but would be blown to pieces doing those manouvres in combat.

but what if the russians will add "stealth" in to their su-47?
[which by the way already in there]

stealth won't do much with nowdays radars anyway..

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Best is subjective.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Now lets hope the russians are successful with their plasma stealth technology. It would bring air combat back to traditional dog fighting and make pilots more use of their flying skills than their long range missiles.

What a beauty.....

[edit on 19-3-2005 by amraam]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
[edit on 19-3-2005 by amraam]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yes, the Su-37 is a truely beautiful aircraft, and that's just about it, but if being the best aircraft in the world, there would be some objections.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu

Originally posted by bond1_real
Ok well first off the Su-37 is a formidable aircraft but all the maneuvers that you see in the video are from a specially modified jet that has had the Radar removed and all the onboard systems retro fitted and overidden witch makes the aircraft impressive but in combat useless not to mention we can shoot them 85 nm away anyway!

An AA-12 (R-77RVV-AE-PD) has a range of 160Km, that is 86.3376nm. They can blow you first.

www.bharat-rakshak.com...

Besides, what missile in USA inventory has 85nm range. I think you would be refering to FMRAAM (not still on production) intended range, because AMRAAM range is 39nm.

39nm vs 86nm. Seems USA planes are doomed without a better missile, don't you think?

[Edited on 2003-2-21 by MakodFilu]

The effective range of the R-77M (Most advanced Adder variant) is a little over 31 miles.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i was at an airshow on the weekend and a full scale mock up of the jsf was there, and apparently it has a max speed of mach 1.6, which is kinda slow is it. i also heard from somewhere that a russian figter(dont know name) can do mach 3.2 is that true?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiddly54
i was at an airshow on the weekend and a full scale mock up of the jsf was there, and apparently it has a max speed of mach 1.6, which is kinda slow is it. i also heard from somewhere that a russian figter(dont know name) can do mach 3.2 is that true?

1.6 is not that slow, it's pretty darn fast, for a single Turbofanjet.

And yes, the MiG-25 is a long range bomber intercepter, can do Mach 3.2.

Why do you sound so suprised? You made it sound like that the Russian's aren't capable of such a feat.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yes the F119 can acheive speeds in excess of Mach 3, I have little doubts about that BUT it's capped on the F/A-22 because of something called VMAX, the maximum speed before the airframe starts falling apart, the F/A-22 simply can't go faster than mach 1.8, which is no problem since it's stealthy and supercruises to mach 1.5.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Yes the F119 can acheive speeds in excess of Mach 3, I have little doubts about that BUT it's capped on the F/A-22 because of something called VMAX, the maximum speed before the airframe starts falling apart, the F/A-22 simply can't go faster than mach 1.8, which is no problem since it's stealthy and supercruises to mach 1.5.

Actually the F-22 can reach MACH 2 no problem and can supercruise up to MACH 1.7.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I guess we will know for sure whenever the F/A-22 is retired lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes, the Su-47 is "cool".

No, it can't hold the Raptors jock.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator
do dogfights actually happens over the speed of sound?

That would depend on the muzzle velocity of the gun (If that is a true definition of a dogfight).

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I Live in NE ohio...We have a Air base not far from here so we see these all of the time.But this one i have NEVER saw,I had just looked it up and it sure looks like a Su-47.I was wondering if anyone knew why this plane was here? It had forward-swept wings.Thats what caught my eye.I have been looking at planes all day and this is the closest i can get.The tail might have been a lil different but the rest is right.reply to post by Nans DESMICHELS

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have to remind you guys, air to air combat still was not a sportful thing. Yes, perhaps one day, electronic technology will make air combat more directly but the time is not foreseeable yet.

Yes, the FSW is not adapted for high speed, but this doesn't mean Russian jetfighter will go piece or blown to piece, the rather that FSW won't be used on Su-50.

I can understand how fear death American are, but reality is fight in air with aircraft doesn't like you play game sitting front of your personal computer. such comfortable game as a real fight won't appear ever!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join