It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research team launches search for serpent-like Vancouver Island lake creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

VICTORIA, B.C. - Brigette Horvath knew she saw something strange in Cameron Lake on Vancouver Island two years ago and a team of researchers say she might be right.

Was it a fish, an eel or some kind of serpent-like creature? She says she didn't know. But Horvath grabbed her camera and managed to fire off one shot before the batteries failed.

The researchers who specialize in looking for so-called crytozoological creatures - in other words, monsters - spent Saturday on the lake probing the depths with a sonar-like fish finder.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Pretty interesting stuff, hopefully we find out more soon!

[edit on 20-9-2009 by FoxMulder91]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Mod Note: Do Not Remove Or Alter Staff Edits.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
star and flag..

this is really interesting. ive always thought of the many lakes in Canada's vast wilderness to be the most likely location to find such a "lake monster", simply due to the isolation and the climate.

please update us when you get more information about this search. :-)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The story is interesting but the picture doesn't show anything that doesn't look like a wake from a boat.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Cool find! I was quit surprised at how common such sightings are up there. Hopefully some time soon some one will prove that these lakes have something in them that explains the sightings! The lake "monster" is almost a universal concept.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It is a universal concept, they are one of the few "animals" that is seen worldwide. Wonder if theres a reason for that
deeemons

They are in the history of Canada too and also in the history of Scandinavia

Rifle-Gunder

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I don't see much news about Cameron Lake on ATS, but recently they did their sonar testing and the main guy says they captured evidence of something large in the lake. I saw it briefly on national news.

If anyone has anymore details, please share

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One thing that jumps out at me about the lake is that it is not that deep. 50 feet is the deepest it goes. Just about all 'lake monster' sightings have the same common parameters. Old, deep, and oligotrophic are the first things I look for when a lake monster story pops up. And a bonus is high latitude. Just about every lake with a legend has these characteristics.

Cameron Lake even though is not deep, it is surrounded by other lakes, so it is possibly that they are somehow connect.

Interesting story, thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I've heard of these before.

I figure they are probably Sturgeon. For those who don't know.. Sturgeon are very big and long fish.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The guy leading this expedition talked about the target possibly being some kind of giant eel or giant salamander, both of which have apparently been known to exist around Vancouver Island. Personally I've never seen a 20' salamander before, so maybe all he found was some BC bud

new topics

top topics

join