It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter was pinned to the bed on Fri by Derren Brown through the TV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In the UK, on Fri, Derren Brown used subliminal messages and general psychology in his TV Show "how to Control a Nation" to try to get viewers literally "glued to their chairs". Links to the show and comments:

derrenbrown.channel4.com...

For me, I was okay but my teenage daughter could not move from the bed and as a parent it then became scary having your daughter pinned to a bed by a magician coming through the TV. Comments from the link suggest about 23% - 30% were also affected.

What is scary though - how this could be used in the wrong hands. We could have been watching TV that is there to subtley "control" us for years.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Its why Ive refused to watch Derren Browns programmes. Mind-Control through the TV isn't something i'm willing to participate in. His next "Challenge" is to see who has abilities in becoming a Psychic Spy. It all sounds quite ominous to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
What is scary though - how this could be used in the wrong hands. We could have been watching TV that is there to subtley "control" us for years.

Well my friend they have been useing it for sometime and they have been winning...

Mind Control: The True Tale of Manipulation

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nothing to be scared of I think. It has no power without your agreement. It's as simple as that. Deny it its influence.

Yesterday though, I was reading ATS on my laptop on my bed and I could barely pull myself up to answer several different phone calls. I felt heavy but a little assertion of NO fixed that each time.

Though I would like to see that program. Perhaps I can use it on myself to ease OOBEs.

Ah...hmmm. I'm terribly uncooperative.

[edit on 9/20/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Have ever read the book Called When The Tripods Came. It's about aliens taking control of people minds using Sublimal messages in Tv.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

what the heck is the image that is flashed at approx 1:15 into the vid???

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakinup13

It's a guy tied up in a chair.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I throughly enjoy Derren Brown. Some of the things seem too unbelievable but the people sure act befuddled. It's either a really good acting job, or there is actually something to what he does.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Yeah, it's shown two or three times. It's exactly the sort of imagery that will make my unconscious non-compliant in the matter. Show something pleasant and far less BDSM and I'll consider cooperating for a few seconds.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's a black and white cartoon of a man tied to a chair lol

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight

For me, I was okay but my teenage daughter could not move from the bed and as a parent it then became scary having your daughter pinned to a bed by a magician coming through the TV.

You make it sound "dodgy"

I tried it but was not affected at all.
Didn't have any effect whatsoever.... apparently i can't be hypnotised either but hey.

Don't moan at Derren Brown.... He warned people to only participate if they wanted to and that it could be scary and leave you feeling weird and disoriented...

It was yours and your daughters choice to participate, Not DB's.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You hit the nail on the head - yep they control us through tv, amongst other things

hey does anyone here know how that guy knew the lotto numbers?

saw the story in the MSM online but didnt follow it through to see how he picked the right numbers

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

David Mitchell ( the 3rd guy to speak) sums it up perfectly

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Get rid of the idiot box. Basically what happened is the same thing that happens when you watch a particular advertisement. For instance, a kid watches a cereal commercial. What happens directly after it? The kid goes to mommy and says I want that cereal. The television numbs the brain and allows guys like Brown to manipulate you. Of course, this does not work if you approach him with skepticism initially and think about what he is saying and analyze it.

Is it not strange how easily we focus on things like television shows but when it comes to the important things we REALLY have to focus, I mean, we channel it unlike when we watch television.

Please watch this lecture by Yuri Bezmenov:

www.youtube.com...

He was a former KGB agent and defector, and died some time in the 90s but he left us with very important info. No conspiracy. All facts.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I actually watched the video and really tried to participate but it didn't work on me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

This kind of stuff HAS been used, for decades, especially by mass media. But if you are aware of it happening, then it has no effect on you because you experience it differently than someone who is less aware and more easily manipulated.

If you remember history class, it was once a great controversy in this country when subliminal messages for Coca-Cola, etc. were found in films. They would flash the messages too fast to read consciously, but they would subconsciously make people want a Coke, because our subconscious mind reads the message. It was once legal but I believe it was made illegal. Which of course never really stops a criminal, you know, or someone with expensive enough lawyers.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Mass Media has been using NLP for years;

here is a video of some of the techniques they use and explanations;
this video clip must only be 2 minutes long but they use so much NLP its mind blowing;
and they do this 24/7;
this is why i stopped watching tv

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Jedi mind tricks?
They won't work on me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There was a couple of subliminal flashes on the TV show before the movie, and one after it was finished, he also used hypnotic speech to prep the audience for the movie, didn't work on anyone here but I'm sure it was really freaky for those who it did work on.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Yeah, it's shown two or three times. It's exactly the sort of imagery that will make my unconscious non-compliant in the matter. Show something pleasant and far less BDSM and I'll consider cooperating for a few seconds.

Weird things is I cannot see it everytime I watch - can you see it everytime?

I mean I am focusing like crazy and I cannot see it consistently.

Also @ 1:15 there is a tone that punctuates the word STUCK...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join