It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the American Dream Dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Is the American Dream Dead?

news.yahoo.com

After taking photos of the hotel, he noted that all of the people had the same expression: disgust.

My husband and I sighed. Our son wasn't so innocent anymore.

Had we been wrong not to teach him about the exclusionary nature of the "real world"? I didn't want to lose the kind, gifted boy with an easy smile and ready sense of humor who loved Gandhi as a 6-year-old. But I also didn't want him to be barred from the world of influence because he was different.

My dreams seemed dashed. Anger rose in me from two fronts.

First, would my children be barred from being great men because we couldn't afford an Ivy League education?

Second, if these Washington insiders looked down on us in our Wal-Mart clothes, how could they ever relate to the Wal-Mart lives of most Americans? .

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is on the front page of Yahoo! News in the opinion section at the bottom. On the front page of a very widely used News website.

This is what it says at the bottom.

"While walking through the gallery, I hatched a new plan, a new curriculum for my boys. Art school maybe? Perhaps as members of the creative class, they might be heard. Vive la Révolution!"

People are waking up. I couldn't be more happy. (Accept for the fact that she sounds like shes controlling her sons future)

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In some of the most touching words spoken in comic book and film:

Night Owl: What happened to the American Dream?

The Comedian: It came true. You're looking at it.

Regardless, people will continue to wake up but it is just a matter of if they will ever decide to join in and do something to change. I guess we shall see.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yet another story from parents who want their kids to be the next Hitlers of the world.

I simply cannot wait and see the next generation of overachieving little psychopaths grow up and take over the reins from the current psychopaths.

I just bet one of these horrible, worthless little geniuses are dreaming up plans to over take the world...and will.

Little Rocketfellers and Rothschilds... Yay...

Seriously there should be an island for these sorts of sociopaths so they can do unto one other until they all die and leave us normals alone.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Crass. The desire to better one's self and the world is not a bad thing. To stew in mediocrity and embrace the status quo, however, may be. Remember, for every Hitler, Rothchild, and Rocketfeller, there were a million "normals", as you call it, supporting their organization.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I think the best you can do for your kids is get them the best world experience.

Unfortunately, they often sabotage themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The American Dream is not dead.

But if you think you are going to accomplish is slaving for someone else, you are wrong.

Then again, there are employees out there in quarter million dollar homes, and if that isn't doing good then you have some very high expectations.

My point is that your dreams will not come true because you want them to. They require work, and in the end, the acceptance of others. Without other peoples money, you will be broke! And vice versa!

new topics

top topics

join