It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest thing happened last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members,

I have been a member for quite a while (I couldn't log in to my old account so I had to make a new one with spaces in my user name) and I mostly frequent the Aliens and UFO forum.

I am hesitant to write here because what happened to me last night sounds very strange and I am worried that people here are going to think I'm making this up or looking for some sort of attention.

I would just like to point out that I am not one of those people looking to gain internet attention from fictitious stories. I am writing to gain some insight or maybe some answers to what happened to me last night.

I look forward to your imput.

____

My story.

I woke up last night around 2:15am after a restless sleep. I forgot to turn the television off at the foot of my bed but was too lazy to get up and find the remote control to turn it off. I remember lying there trying to get back to sleep and changing my position every once in a while to get comfortable, but the television kept bothering me.

After about half an hour with trying to struggle to ignore the television, I flipped my position so I was lying on my back about to get up and turn it off. And this is where things get strange.

I heard this huge WOOSH sound rushing through my ears, especially through my right hear. I felt what was my upper torso disjointed from my lower half (yet still attached). My head was at the base of my dresser where my television was (but more to the right side) and I kept hearing this fantastic mix of what appeared to be rushing wind and almost like a heart beat and the distinct sound of a unrecognizable man's voice saying my name over and over again (so the woosh of air, heart beat and Heather was being repeated at the same time rhythmically mainly in my right ear). The strangest part was that I was aware that I was still on the bed, but was somehow also at the foot of my bed, on the floor, with my head near the base of my dresser. The minute I was fully aware of this I was snapped back to my position on my back on the bed. The woosh of air was gone and I no longer heard my name being repeated.

Once I lay on my bed I tried to grasp what happened. I thought I may of astral projected (even though I don't know much about it nor have I practiced it in any form). Once I thought this things got weird again. I was still lying in my normal position on the bed but I felt this huge urge to push up with my left hand trying to get it to go beyond it's bended position (think of arm wrestling). I tried to extend my left arm straight up but there was this huge resisitance and the woosh of air came back and my name being repeated in my right ear (but there was no heart beat sound this time). Seeing how I was still aware and able to consciously think I thought that perhaps I might be astral projecting again and I felt this huge wave of energy (for a better lack of the word) rush up like I wanted to jump outside of my laying body into the air.

At this point the air stopped again and everything returned to normal. I was not afraid or worried at this point and managed to get a glass of water and fall asleep shortly after. When I woke up this morning I was slighly alarmed because of the whole experience the one thing I couldn't shake was this feeling of being 'bound'. I still remember that my body felt like it was being held to a bungee cord that was highly tensed as if I were directly at the bottom of a bungee jump ready to be snapped back up.

I know this sounds strange, and I myself am having a hard time coming to grips with this.

Could anybody have any insight or opinions/thoughts as to what could have happened? I am not dismissing sleep paralysis either. I'm open to all opinions.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

Between the Noticeable Heart Beat and the temporary muscle atrophy, you experienced Sleep Paralysis IMO...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

I'm leaning more on that angle too, just because of those two aspects. But I don't want to disregard the other things that happened, either.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
strange experiences such as this will become more common, now. i think we may have crossed some kind of threshold, recently (within the last week).

i cannot say for sure what it was. but you should not fear it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

That's the strangest thing, too. I'm a HUGE baby! I can't even sleep in the dark and I'm turning 24. And after this all happened, even hearing the man's voice, I was not afraid at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

i might have something to say about this but a little more info
is needed. are between the ages of 12 and 19? respectfully

ok 24 nevermind.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you lie on your back when you sleep, you have a huge chance of sleep paralysis. I think that's what it is. The hear beat thing is the give away.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beauty from pain
Hello fellow ATS members,

I have been a member for quite a while (I couldn't log in to my old account so I had to make a new one with spaces in my user name) and I mostly frequent the Aliens and UFO forum.

I am hesitant to write here because what happened to me last night sounds very strange and I am worried that people here are going to think I'm making this up or looking for some sort of attention.

I would just like to point out that I am not one of those people looking to gain internet attention from fictitious stories. I am writing to gain some insight or maybe some answers to what happened to me last night.

I look forward to your imput.

____

My story.

I woke up last night around 2:15am after a restless sleep. I forgot to turn the television off at the foot of my bed but was too lazy to get up and find the remote control to turn it off. I remember lying there trying to get back to sleep and changing my position every once in a while to get comfortable, but the television kept bothering me.

After about half an hour with trying to struggle to ignore the television, I flipped my position so I was lying on my back about to get up and turn it off. And this is where things get strange.

I heard this huge WOOSH sound rushing through my ears, especially through my right hear. I felt what was my upper torso disjointed from my lower half (yet still attached). My head was at the base of my dresser where my television was (but more to the right side) and I kept hearing this fantastic mix of what appeared to be rushing wind and almost like a heart beat and the distinct sound of a unrecognizable man's voice saying my name over and over again (so the woosh of air, heart beat and Heather was being repeated at the same time rhythmically mainly in my right ear). The strangest part was that I was aware that I was still on the bed, but was somehow also at the foot of my bed, on the floor, with my head near the base of my dresser. The minute I was fully aware of this I was snapped back to my position on my back on the bed. The woosh of air was gone and I no longer heard my name being repeated.

Once I lay on my bed I tried to grasp what happened. I thought I may of astral projected (even though I don't know much about it nor have I practiced it in any form). Once I thought this things got weird again. I was still lying in my normal position on the bed but I felt this huge urge to push up with my left hand trying to get it to go beyond it's bended position (think of arm wrestling). I tried to extend my left arm straight up but there was this huge resisitance and the woosh of air came back and my name being repeated in my right ear (but there was no heart beat sound this time). Seeing how I was still aware and able to consciously think I thought that perhaps I might be astral projecting again and I felt this huge wave of energy (for a better lack of the word) rush up like I wanted to jump outside of my laying body into the air.

At this point the air stopped again and everything returned to normal. I was not afraid or worried at this point and managed to get a glass of water and fall asleep shortly after. When I woke up this morning I was slighly alarmed because of the whole experience the one thing I couldn't shake was this feeling of being 'bound'. I still remember that my body felt like it was being held to a bungee cord that was highly tensed as if I were directly at the bottom of a bungee jump ready to be snapped back up.

I know this sounds strange, and I myself am having a hard time coming to grips with this.

Could anybody have any insight or opinions/thoughts as to what could have happened? I am not dismissing sleep paralysis either. I'm open to all opinions.

happened to me before,but it was induced by something i had eaten lol

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That sounds like sleep paralysis. But since you were completely consciouses it seems a bit odd. Considering when i had sleep paralysis i was only half conscious it was weird as H*LL. the best thing you can do is have a pad to write your experiences close by as soon as the experience is over. Because sometimes you will forget certain feelings or sounds and visions by the morning.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Was the voice crystal clear or was it somewhat staticy?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I've had some fairly disturbing sleep paralysis experiences , yours sounds similiar to my first one .
I was also 24 when I had my first one .
I think it sucks being conscious and feeling weird seeing odd things, unable to move . crap as experience .
I've learnt how to snap out of them within a minute or so now though

come to think of it was a bit younger than that . anyhoo

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Takka]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
you have described most of oob experience (astral proj). down to the "cord". If you felt a jolt when you slammed back in (rather rough "landing") that pretty much does it.

You need to do some meditation on what ever religious affiliation you have. Youll find some answers. I suggest getting a couple of books. Ellen Cannon Reed-shining paths or Dion Fortune-mystical qabalah.

Both safe books for pagan and non-pagan alike.

Dont worry. It not aliens trying to suck out your brains. The name? Maybe your being contacted. Have you been doing any kind of meta work?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I suffer from Sleep Paralysis and have since childhood and this story sounds like an episode of sleep paralysis to me.....

But one never knows.....

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cornczech

I suffer from Sleep Paralysis and have since childhood and this story sounds like an episode of sleep paralysis to me.....

But one never knows.....

Either way, it's scary scary stuff!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm not gonna be a smart-butt and ask if you were on something, 'cause you would've said so!

Yeah, I would have to agree that it sounds a whole lot like sleep paralysis.

Sounds very frightening, but you weren't afraid? Hm, that kind of blows most of my theories out of proportion. I hate to think that I'm due for that sleep paralysis crap. I can't stand the thought of it! I hate pills, but if there was one to take to overt SP without dire consequences I'd down it!

Maybe you somehow triggered an 'inter-dimensional' portal. IDk, lol, that's all I can shamefully think of.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by Psycontagious]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In my opinion, You were astral projecting off and on. The voice you heard was someone on the other side calling you. We have many friends there.

top topics

join