It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Killing Ourselves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malzypants

Anyone have any tips for cutting out the caffeine without going crazy?

Maca root can be good. Raw cacao *in moderation* has helped some people but dnt go overboard. David Wolfe and Shazzi have a lot of ideas for natural herbal stimulant foods.

Good Luck

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I once heard something about everything living being having the same amount of heart beats in a lifetime. So if we accelerate ours, we're speeding up our life and stress does kill.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Really who cares? If we enjoy it and don't take it to extremes anything in life, then what is the harm? We breathe the polluted air everyday, should we stop breathing??? Really, life is lived to be enjoyed and not spend it worrying about every little thing that can possibly kill us...we could step outside our homes in today's world and have a car hit us so what the heck does this matter in the scheme of things...I won't change my lifestyle or give up things I like because it may or may not cause my death, and be miserable living that way! I choose to be happy... screw what the AMA or government says!!!

And why would I want to prolong my life? I never did anything with it anyway, but I had fun. I feel That I had what I wanted out of my life. I don't want to live long enough to get alzheimers...bad hips, incontinance...who would??? That's crazy. Die young look pretty, die old looking wrinkled and pooping yourself? No thanks I'll take my chances.

So what happens when you accidentally live long enough to develop alzheimers due to your bad dietary habits instead of accidentally getting hit by a car? By then, you'll probably have developed diabetes, heart disease and cancer.....all with a single cause.

The diseases of civilization, as they are known, have a common cause. They are easily preventable. This has been well documented throughout the last 200 years.

Don't make excuses for being selfish......

-Dev

new topics

<< 1   >>

join