It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take me to your gizmos: MoD in bid for alien tech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Take me to your gizmos: MoD in bid for alien tech?

technology.timesonline.co.uk

THE Ministry of Defence ordered an investigation of thousands of UFO sightings in the 1990s to examine whether alien spaceship technology could be exploited to build advanced engines for the RAF, according to a new official history.

The book, based on the ministry’s “X-files” of thousands of sightings, shows that an unnamed wing commander initiated the project in 1993 because he believed it was wrong to assume extra-terrestrial craft did not exist.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hmm...Interesting.

This sort of echoes Colonel Phillip Corso's book, "The day after Roswell", in which the U.S. army was reverse engineering ET tech.

I just wonder how much of this is smoke and mirrors though, as IF they did figure out how these objects are propelled and powered, I am sure that the global elite cabals, who are REALLY running things, would likely NEVER let such tech be leaked to the public, as it would mean FREE ENERGY, which would threaten their grasp upon the energy sector, which has kept them seated in dominance over the world.

Interesting that little snippets of this stuff is being secreted here and there though...

technology.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I wonder if they will actually get somewhere with this.

But I doubt it...

I could imagine the US would be unhappy about the UK overtly developing UFO derived technology.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

From Source:

It was only in the 1990s, partly at the wing commander’s prompting, that the MoD finally did a systematic analysis of UFO sightings, called Project Condign.

Why did they wait till 1993? Were there not UFOs on the ground and in the air long before that. Did it take a genius to realize that this stuff would really help out the war machine if we could make it work? What were they thinking before 1990 when they saw these things traveling 9000 mph through our atmosphere?
They're fast but why would we want one?

Military people can't be that dense.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

My guess is that this is nothing more than a cover. I am betting that they have been monitoring this at least as long as the U.S. (since at least late 40's). This may just be some more of the late "leakage", to make it look like they haven't been lying for decades on end. A small attempt at saving face. lol

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yeah I agree, they would have been monitoring since the first Foo Fighters were reported IMO.

It would be very stupid of them not to.
Wiki: Foo Fighter

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

United States and the United Kingdom share military technology, as well as intelligence too.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not quite right. The UK shares intelligence whereas the US just hides everything.

And yeah the idea that the MoD only started monitoring UFOs in 1993 is ridiculous especially as there are so many records of them from British sources long before them.

-Cauch1

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

As much as I would like to believe they do, I think some things are kept back.
I think the US shares some intelligence but not all.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My first thought was, "this is a fallback position". But then I thought, "what from?" Fallback positions are for when you've been rumbled, so one has to ask, why this release now? We've had a lot of stuff released in the UK and Canada, but not the US.

I think one can look at US policy on Iran as the result of an ongoing conflict between hawks and doves with neither quite gaining the upper hand. Doves in that case including senior military men who know when their forces are stretched too thin already.

It might also be possible to look at recent releases as part of a pro- and anti-Disclosure conflict within the community of those who have some seniority in the matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

My guess is that this is nothing more than a cover. I am betting that they have been monitoring this at least as long as the U.S. (since at least late 40's). This may just be some more of the late "leakage", to make it look like they haven't been lying for decades on end. A small attempt at saving face. lol

That's my take also.

Also, I think it is reasonable to believe that the US shares whatever classified info it sees fit. And the Brits do the same thing. It's probably tit for tat, whenever and wherever they see fit.

I remember Philip Corso saying about a particular piece of ET hardware. They looked at it, analysed it, had all the experts have their say and no one had a clue what it was. They put it back on the shelf hoping that sometime in the future someone could figure it out!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Another possible point to consider:

In recent times there seems to be an acceleration of sightings, or perhaps an acceleration of people watching the skies (or both), so maybe TPTB are realizing that people are beginning to no longer have this issue played down and dismissed by the "officials" and MSM? Maybe they are in essence, having their hand forced?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
How many out here would be afraid of them if it does come out in the open that they are real? Should we be afraid? I don`t believe so. The only thing is, they are smarter and wiser then us. If fear is the only thing holding back the truth.... only, whos fear is it that is in question? Ours or the governments? I think many know the answer to that question.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

On the contrary, it shares significant amounts with the United Kingdom. The European Commission, on countless occasions, have tired to force the Britain to share its intelligence (American sourced) to the entire European Union.

We've refused.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If it were to come out in the open, our government would be shaking in their shoes. All the tech. that other races would bring us would be free. That means no one would be able to profit from it...wow....what a concept. Not one fatcat in any government would be able to dip into the profits, because there would be no profiting from it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is a cover story. When some of the new outrageous technology is unveiled, they will need to have a good explanation as to where it came from.

Where does it come from, really?

It has been said that every 28 years the shadow controllers meet with the off-worldlies. It is called "Feast of the Beast". During this time new technology is revealed and dangled like a carrot.

Then covenant agreements ensue.

This has been happening forever. This goes all the way back to the early Mystery Schools. These evil alien/watcher angels traded technology disguised as magic tricks to their selected 'prophets'.

The arc of the covenant was one such trick. It is a primitive form of what we know today as HAARP. You can read more about what the ark of the covenant really was at this link: www.ancientskyscraper.com...

But back to the space ships....people will have to wonder where this new technology is coming from. They will eventually get around to asking the questions. So the groundwork is being laid for the cover story. "We found it from the space ships." Ha. The aliens are right here already!

top topics

join