It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Muslim Eid today as an Ambassador of Goodwill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have to mention between Your last post, and Your deeds in the OP something is ringing clear; the Butterfly Effect.

There is solid evidence in the theory of it; I find it incredible that a single butterfly can create havoc, but why not? There have been movements that did change the World because of a single moment in time; a simple action that lasted no longer than a second reverberated through space, time, and dimension.

Shaking the core of the structure at the specific space, time, and dimensional place. I think many People are starting to do things like You did for Eid.

I'll bet that scares the crud out of the ole' quasi Elite.

It's all about breaking the molds and the programming my friend Sancho.

We are conditioned from an early age onward to think and react in certain ways with certain predispositions that are highly predictable thus easily controlled and manipulated.

As we break those molds and become the virus that defeats our programing we become wild cards.

The more wild cards in the deck the harder it is to predict the outcome of the game to control the outcome of the game and to make the rules for the game to make it hard or impossible to win the game.

As each one of us reaches that self awareness that allows us to peer and see through one layer after another of the illusion we no longer feel as bound by it or as self compelled to seek vaildation from our peers who are locked rigidly into the grid.

A grid is only as strong as it's weakest link, we become 'weak' links through our personal strength and determination to think outside of the box, the more weak links, the more escape from the grid and get outside of the box, as each person does they recognize the box and the grid for what it is and point to it. At first it's just a lone voice in the wilderness and no one hears, and then it's just a few 'crazy' people, but then it begins to be more and more people who look back at it and say 'yep it's a box alright' pretty soon people start noticing the box is starting to empty that people are missing and dissapearing and start looking at those ever growing number and widening holes in the box and become more and more tempted to follow. The get outside and look back and see it's a box too. The crazy people aren't so crazy anymore and pretty soon it's the 'sane' people who are thought to be crazy...then the scales shift, the Masters will rush outside the box themselves eventually to try to construct another bigger nicer box, or a box harder to escape from, and while that is very scary to people, people should also recognize for what it is, the last act of desperate people loosing control of others.

That's when we all need to summon or courage and faith in what we really believe, and that's simply that peace and love can rule the day in a land of support and encouragement and plenty instead of in a land of scarcity and conformity and punishment for failing to conform.

We are getting closer and fear is running rampant but when it turns into peaceful action and thinking and hope and positive action instead of negative and fearful reaction that's when we turn the tide.

My friend actually wanted for me to be scared this weekend when he told me those things about what might happen on the crescent moon, I suspect he was scared himself, a fear that makes him want to hate.

I have to be honest I was a little frightened to Sancho but wanted and did dismiss those fears with HOPE and LOVE and today Sancho instead of choosing as my friend did to fear the people he was frightened of, I chose to go out and give them gifts and love...

Because a new day and a new year has dawned and I want for it to be full of hope and love, not fear and hate, I want it to be full of peace and prosperity not war and scarcity.

I want to hope, I want to love and most of all I want to live and enjoy the fact that I do, and I think we all, the world over, regardless of what we believe in or why, can and ought to be able to agree on those basic simple things that will give us all a much better quality of life.

The amazing thing Sancho is it really is that simple, that basic, and just like a Nike commercial it's really about 'Just do it' for some reason people are to afraid and lack the faith to try.

Those of us who dare and live to hope and dream and love should dare to hope and dream that we can peacefully and lovingly, and wisely and compassionately encourage them to dare to do the same.

Won't it be nice my friend, when there is no one left to blame and people finally realize all we have ever had to blame is ourselves for just not doing it?

Fly butterfly fly, you are a wonderous and beautiful sight to behold friend Sancho!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

The best things in life are free and free to a good home.

Until of course they chew your furniture and soil your rugs but dog owners rarely ever mind.

We can learn a lot about love from dogs, uncondtional love, fierce loyalty, always quick to wag their tails and get excited in wonderful and exuberant ways over the simplest pleasures and gifts.

No wonder they are mans best friend. Now if we could just get man to be mans best friend!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You said a mouthfull! Or jowlfull?
Maybe its a lovin' spoonfull!

I wish.
I actually have a thread where I asked- does man actually enjoy killing?
I was horrified by the answer I got....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
While we are on the nice subject of peace and love and appreciation and respect I would like to take an opportunity to thank the Moderators and Forum Staff who have been kind enough to applaud the thread.

It's always very gratifying to me to know that some of the most gifted and critical minds in the world who comprise the staff of ATS find something notable in what I try to share.

Thanks for the support and encouragement and the great job you all always do.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That was a beautifull post yet once again, Proto!
Do you still have hope of us staying outside the box?

I have misplaced my hope somewhere.
I am personally just hoping for a miracle for us.
Indeed people like you give me some hope back!
Thank you brother.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The best things in life are free and free to a good home.

Until of course they chew your furniture and soil your rugs but dog owners rarely ever mind.

We can learn a lot about love from dogs, uncondtional love, fierce loyalty, always quick to wag their tails and get excited in wonderful and exuberant ways over the simplest pleasures and gifts.

No wonder they are mans best friend. Now if we could just get man to be mans best friend!

I'm more of a cat person myself. I enjoy earning a cat's respect and trust and I have been privy to the same kind of loyalty among cats as dog owners. I have gotten cats to come on command, sit, and do other things as dogs do. However, dogs are good too but I think their kindness is out of yearning for their next meal? Anyway we can learn a lot from our feline and canine companions.

Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission--to be of service to them whenever they require it... If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.
--Saint Francis of Assisi (mystic and preacher)

www.animalliberationfront.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Its a fine love between love and hate my friend, both are extreme sides of the same coin called passion.

Some people enjoy inflicting pain and missery and feeding off the energy and even the flesh of others.

Some native American First Nations peoples actually ate the hearts of those they killed in battle as a sign of respect, thinking and believing that they were capturing the brave essence of their souls that would live on inside of them the victor, and to a certain extent that they had not really died then in this fashion.

Blood lust is an extreme part of competition
or
becomes all about power and safety and security in a kill or be killed Darwinian world.

When do we realize though that everyone becomes secure when we learn to start giving in to those impulses of vanity, jealousy and vengence, and greed?

I like to think we as a species can rise above that, to see the inherent wisdom and true safety and security in rising above it.

I believe that we can, and that eventually we will, but as long as we glorify death and violence which we do every day in too many ways, movies, tv-shows, video games, and the TV news, we are doomed to see it as a viable alternative to solving problems that never get solved because violence really never solves anything.

It becomes an outlet for passions like frustration and fear and hate, and it's really education and contemplation that will change all that, not guns and bombs. It's hard to believe so many people believe you can solve the problem by doing the very same thing that is the problem, but boy do a lot of people truly believe that.

Many think it's wise, and prudent and safe to believe that, that it is that that makes them safe in a might makes right instead of logic and love makes right world.

We have to try to get people to have enough faith in themselves to try and to help them learn and to deny the ignorance that convinces and compels them violence is the answer or the way.

ATS is all about denying ignorance so at least we have a platform to speak to a good part of the world, all over the world here, and that's a pretty darn good thing and something to be hopeful about.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I like cats too, they remind of women in many ways, fickle and capricious, hot and cold, love you and love on you one minute and scratching out your eyes the next.

I feed a lot of stray cats and one used to follow me everywhere like a dog, she was something, I loved that girl so much, I find it a rewarding challenge to gain enough trust from ferals to where you can pet them and interact with them.

They are highly adaptive creatures and one of the most numerous species in the wild.

Where I live by the beach there are hundreds and hundreds of ferals and they love to all come out and bask in the full moons on the beach, it's quite a site to see them all.

As soon as I can get one to hold my slippers in their little mouths I might switch but I am a dog man, I love all animals though.

Animals don't lie, you know where you stand with them and why and how.

That's the great thing about them.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I have lived my whole life outside of the box, it can be done, you just have to accept full responsibility for your own actions and understand that its not always easy being first or being different but it is a lot more rewarding in every way than living in the box with blinders on.

People in large part stay in the box because they have been convinced its just not safe or wise to step out of it.

Experience is the best teacher and as more and more people experience life outside of the box they will learn to love their freedom from it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Thank you for that! Great page!
This one sums it up for me:

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
Immanuel Kant

I regretably went through a stage when I was very young where
I was not nice to them.

My dog (best friend) ran away because I was mean to him,
if that doesnt break your heart, you dont have one.
It broke mine and I learned, because I broke his first.
He would come back once in awhile to see me,
but the trust and friendship was ruined forever.

I regret it now immensely and was a tough lesson to learn.
I have made up for it many times over by now I am sure,
but if I think about it, it still hurts bad.
I hate the fact I am talking about it now in front of everyone,
but it was my experience and I said earlier that at least I can give that.
No matter how painfull.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I have faith. Not sure about the hope part so much.
I think that comes later....

Proto, we played a benefit for a family recently going through hard times,
and we helped make a bunch of money for them !
Its amazing, he is pulling through his bike accident and is walking now!
Incredible what the power of love and concern will do for someone!
It is such a joy to be able to do this!

Congrats on the thread! Beautifull!
5 Stars and two thumbs up!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You know for their ruff and tumble image its amazing how charitble as a community bikers are.

They will do a run for just about any good cause and bid insane amounts for relatively worthless items just as an excuse to be able to give generously but in a fun way.

Bikers really support a lot of worthy groups besides just their own, kids at christmas, veterans, elderly, disabled persons are all things these guys and girls that often frighten people walking down the street or sitting at a bar will give their money, time and energy and love to.

They are a great example of how looks can be decieving and how stereo typing and associating the worst ellements of a group can tarnish the perception of people outside the group in a really innacurate way.

Bikers might have been born to be wild, but they can not only be mild but some of the most generous and giving noble people you could ever run across.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well thank you for the invite but sorry to disappoint, I think all holidays should be abolished for Snowflake Day

Google Video Link

I wished for curry!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

How did you know thats who we played for?
Please everyone say a prayer for brother speed!@
They got hurt in a freak accident in Oregon this weekend.
We are praying for them also.
They do tremndous good and have hearts as big as their bikes!
Heres a link or two:
www.kgw.com...
Thank you for sending some good vibes their way!
www.brotherspeedmcoregon.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I can get behind snowflake day, when are we celebrating.

Curry it is! Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Just a lucky guess my friend, most of my last band's gigs came from bikers and fund raisers and parties they were putting on or hosting.

Bikers and people to young to die but to old to stop rock n rolling go together.

I sincerely hope he has a full and swift recovery!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Thank you so much.
"Mike" is a really good guy, I mean the kind you rarely meet.
Just a heart of gold all the way around.
Hence all the support he received!
We're talking several thousand, and its a small town!

From the looks of this bike pileup we will have some more
benefits to do real soon!
www.kgw.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

This is why I ride a bicycle and on the sidewalks!

I hope with the help of your band and his friends and the community he gets all the help he needs.

My best wishes for you all there.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I wonder if they could put roll cages on those things?
Heck they could be chromed!
Thanks for your best wishes.

Did you see the video I posted of all the bikes and stuff scattered? Wow!
I heard here that an SUV ran through them....

Apparently riding is more dangerous than playing in a band!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

I wonder if they could put roll cages on those things?
Heck they could be chromed!
Thanks for your best wishes.

Did you see the video I posted of all the bikes and stuff scattered? Wow!
I heard here that an SUV ran through them....

Apparently riding is more dangerous than playing in a band!

I am watching it now and then signing off for the night my friend.

Thanks for posting and sharing all the wonderful things you did for the thread.

Hopefully we can keep sharing your great words for a few days while Eid lasts and interest does.

Keep spreading the word and fighting the good fight my friend.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join