Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ATS.C: English Nationalist - A Racist? Think Again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
we english are the race that made alote of the technologe that exist today nation of islam black peaple canott accept that!.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain
And the BNP are racist. I see. Wishing to preserve a land for the children and children's children of them that made it is ... racist?

Get over yourself mate. WWII ended 60 years ago. You can forget all the Soviet propaganda about the New Soviet Man, Internationalism, anti-racism and that silly Lysenkoism too.

No.... having a "whites only" political party makes them racist.
Having ties and roots in the NF and "white power" groups makes them racist.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonconform
You should be proud of where you are born,that is you heritage,and yes you do have the RIGHT.

Yes but your heritage isn't just where you're born. It's dependent mostly upon the long ancestral line that preceeds you. Your children, for example, are Welsh and Indian. Just because they weren't born in India, their Indian side is not automatically negated. They should grow up proud of both their Welsh and Indian heritage. Many mixed-race children tend to identify with neither sets of ancestry.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

To elaborate a bit more ,even though their mum is Indian she was born in Singapore,when they were very young we went there on holiday for six weeks,and about two years ago they went back,i stayed home this time as work commitments.when they got back,even though they got on ok with most of my wifes family.they couldnt stand the local people for various reasons including just being damn RUDE,and said to me that they are glad that they didnt grow up in singapore,and also stated how glad they were to be WELSH.
So out of the kids mouth so to speak there you have it.
Both my daughters stated that they had no desire to EVER go there again period.So they are just not interested in the other part of their heritage.
I hope this answers what you are saying.they might have it ,but dont want it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nonconform

Well it's not something you can choose. Indian (not so much Singaporan, because presumably their mother is ethnically Indian, not Singaporan, despite living there) heritage is a part of them whether they want it or not, and always will be. It will also be a part of their children and their children's children.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
There's a lot of muddy water surrounding this issue and I'm not convinced that a lot of the attempts to clear the water doesn't actually make it even muddier.

I think it's very possible to be nationalist and notbe a racist but, sadly, I think a lot of the nationalists I've met personally areracist or at least xenophobic*. It's one thing to have pride in heritage, whether it's genetic or cultural, but it's another thing to use it to decry other people's heritage. Some people don't know where to draw the line and too often 'we're great' becomes 'we're great andwe're better than you' which is pretty unnecessary and a bit pointless as it's often a case of comparing chalk and cheese or utilises very selective arguments.

I'm generally sympathetic to a lot of nationalist issues and I honestly believe that for a long time 'Englishness' has somehow got lost in the idea of 'Britishness' whilst Scotland and so on have been allowed to nurture a cultural identity as well as being part of Britain. A lot of non-English British complain that Britain is virtually synonymous with England to a lot of people in and outside of Britain, but it's very much a poisoned chalice: hence so much musing over the last decade or so on the notion of 'Englishness'. Reams on the subject has been printed over the last decade.

I can see how issues such as immigration, population, unemployment &c tie-in to this subject, and actively fuel nationalism and patriotism - and to an extent I empathise with those that see these things as serious issues - but I honestly think that these are issues that merely muddy the waters, even if it seems like they're actually pulling the debate into focus.

Britain/UK/England is pretty messed-up and it's 'natural' during problematic times to need a scapegoat. The people actually responsible, the main two political parties, have a platform to sell us lies and empty promises and it's always the other party's fault and we generally get fobbed-off. So, subsequently, right or wrong, it's inevitable that demographics without real voices will therefore get blamed: the minorities &c.

The likes of the BNP are capitalising on the fact that their own bogeymen - the ethnic minorities - are getting pointed at by a hoodwinked electorate as well as the fact that many voters are genuinely disenfranchised due to the pillocks in the main two political parties.

*I'm not saying that's the case with the OP as I wouldn't know as I can't listen to the podcast being on dial-up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join