It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tr-3a black manta picture.. fake??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Interesting, wonder what properties FOGBANK has that could be used in the construction of an aircraft. I would imagine it could drastically reduce the weight of a craft as well as probable stealth characteristics.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I would image that it would greatly improve the thrust-to-weight ratio and act as a thermal insulator from the effects of friction and the plasma generated by the pulse wave.

Theory aside, although it is fun to speculate; I have some serious reservations about the source of this information. .

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
talking about aerogel and stuff.... i never heard about this material before, een though i now remember i saw it in Smithsonian museum in Washington... i opened a wikipedia page about aerogel and i found out that the world's lowest density solid is SILICA NANOFOAM... it has the density of 1 mg/cm3, while the air has 1.2mg/cm3.. would it be possible (of course with some advances) to built solid lighter than air aircraft... you still have 0,2ml/cm3 of bonus for cockpit, maybe some light engines, which don't have to be so strong if vehicle is lighter than air...

just thoughts...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sovietman

A few quotes that caught my attention!

Dark aerogels

Carbon aerogels have a shorter history than silica aerogel, but they also possess remarkable properties and promising applications. One simple property is extreme blackness, caused by internal scattering and absorption of light by the graphite molecules that make up the aerogel (Figure 5). In a broad wavelength range from 0.25 to 14.3 µm, the reflection coefficient of carbon aerogels is only 0.3%. This makes the material ideal for some forms of solar-energy collectors.

This seems to make a case for aerogels being an excellent radar absorbing material.

New applications continually turn up for carbon aerogels, which come in a variety of forms. University of Cambridge physicists this year announced the production of a carbon aerogel made not of graphite particles but of nanotubes (see The Industrial Physicist, August/September 2004, pp. 13–14, "Smoke spun into fiber", item 4). The aerogel is highly elastic rather than rigid, so it can be spun into pure nanotube fibers with unique electrical properties and a strength greater than that of Kevlar.

Extreme durability and flexibility. . Again, this sounds like exactly what you would want in the construction of a high performance aircraft.

www.aip.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by prevenge
in the TR-3A and B what's the T and R stand for?

-

TR = "Tactical Reconnaissance"

SR = "Strategic Reconnaissance"

Actually TR was a bogus designation, that was made up in order to rename the U-2 into something else, to make it easier politically to base in the UK. The TR-1 have since been renamed back to the U-2.

And the guy who wrote the article from the early 90s claiming there was a TR-3A, did not know what he was talking about. There were UAV programs given Tier names, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and then variations of that, like Tier 3 minus, or Tier 2 Plus.

Tier 3 can be easily misheard as TR-3, and there has been zero evidence of any such plane other than an article with the initial claim. Now there have been multiple black projects not yet unclassified, but the TR-3 seems to just be something in the head of the author.

As as for TR-3B pixie dusy powered wonderplane that is everything from a spaceship to some magical blackt triangle to intersteller cruiser, well that thing was just totally made up in the minds people who promote such things.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
well there is some evidence for the tr-3a triangular flying wing recon aircraft actually...

there were some sightings and of course the gap... such a plane would be very usefull today and there is no such project in white world... there is also huge black budget, while only few UAVs were made public... and it is known that northrop grumman (has much experience with flying wings) got a huge amount of money for "black projects"...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sovietman
well there is some evidence for the tr-3a triangular flying wing recon aircraft actually...

there were some sightings and of course the gap... such a plane would be very usefull today and there is no such project in white world... there is also huge black budget, while only few UAVs were made public... and it is known that northrop grumman (has much experience with flying wings) got a huge amount of money for "black projects"...

Well yes, there are black project aircraft that have not been unclassified, I mentioned that in my post. Shadowhawk has found about seven aircraft types build, that could have been prototypes, testbeds, or some kind of black projects.

However the designation "TR-3A" , well there is zero evidence of that designation, because like I said, that in all likelyhood was a misunderstanding of Tier-3. If it has not been that for initial article in the early 90s, the TR-3 story would not exist. TR designation is NOT even used by the USAF anymore, that was a one shot deal for basing U-2s in the UK.

And then UFO/conspiracy people made up the TR-3B nonsense all on their own, and depending on which conspiracy nut you talk to, either it is a space ship, or a nuclear powered plane, or anti gravity, or all kinds of nonsensical ideas.

Yes there are black aircraft that have not seen the light of day. But thats not evidence of "TR-3", no more than if I made up a designation of XR-7 Mercury star cruiser and claimed that as a new aircraft type.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
in that i agree.... there is no evidence for the designation tr-3A, I also agree with the theory of misunderstanding tier-3... but it doesn't really matter what designation aircraft has... if you say tr-3a black manta everybody knows which airplane you are talking about... that's why i used it...

i also agree that tr-3b is a complete nonsense...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aziroth
The T and R come from the company who patented the crafts, Teledyne Ryan, the company was bought out by Northrop Grumman in the late 90s. The TR-1 was the U2 bomber and the TR-2 was an unmanned spy plane resembling the Predator. All of these concepts were patented back in the late 70s, most were never built, but they were all progressive for their time, which gave in to the "alien design" nature of these crafts by TR.

Here's a more accurate description
(if you're going to make stuff up, at least do some basic research):

Lockheed TR-1

The second production batch of the U-2R was initially designated TR-1A (and TR-1B for the two-seat trainer). This was purely for political reasons, to emphasize the reconnaissance role of the aircraft. While the "R" primary mission letter and the design number 1 are text book examples for correct use of the designation system, the "T" prefix letter is not! In the TR-1, it stands for "Tactical", apparently to contrast it from the "SR - Strategic Reconnaissance" designator of the SR-71. In 1991, when the Cold War and the need for such "diplomatically correct" designations had ended, the TR-1A/B was redesignated as U-2R/TU-2R.

www.designation-systems.net...

[edit on 9/27/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The TR-3B as you call it goes by the project name "Quantum". And that is not what it looks like. Close but not it. Nice find though.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aziroth

Now my opinion if it is worth anything, is that the crazy triangle craft that everyone is seeing out of area51 is the prototype for the B2, they only built 1 or 2 before they decided to go with the project and build the final B2 that we all know and love. Other tid bit of fun, Teledyne Ryan was the company to create the zero dialectic paint they use on the B2, x-44, tr-3, and some variants of the f-35.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Aziroth]

I'm afraid your opinion which may be correct on the details of much of what you said does not jibe with what I have seen personally and also interviewed a witness about the same type of craft in 1985.

My experience happened in late June of 1998. Over Laramie. Wyoming. It was about 10:30pm. I was standing at the west entrance to a dorm on the U. of Wyoming campus looking westly toward the rest of the city. Over head, with the city lights reflecting somewhat of its shape was a huge low, slow and silent trianglular craft moving easterly. Even more strangely is that it had a series of two sets of intensities of strobe lights that were ramdomly flashing. I would guess about a dozen in total. The biggest ones were very bright, and even the minor ones were many multiples of brighness over typical aircraft strobe lights. This thing was like a circus.
The sighting lasted about 20 minutes. and about 20 people in total saw it one guy taped it on a mini 8mm video.

The prior sighting I investigated was in 1985 and involved two huge craft but their exact shape was indistinct. They were moving in close formation, low, slow and silent over the road in front of an ex-paratrooper and his son whom had stropped when they saw the objects approaching to cross the road. This happened in souther Oklahoma near the Texas line.

I would guess these were our ships rather than alien UFOs. Regardless, it is obvious now to many people that have reported these things that ships having UFO-like capabilities are here and have been since at least the mid-1980s when their sightings started to be reported.

But for our agencies to acknowledge these craft would be tantamont to acknowedging UFOs and they ain't ready to do that. And still, they are the best technological development since the invention of the wheel. --Not to mention the bast damned weapon a few missing Pentagon billions can buy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join