It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists Most Hated Group In America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well considering the best marriages are often a meeting of people with a like or at least complentary mind....... I don't think hatred, bigotry and ignorance are the only possible reasons.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

MY husband and i are polar opposites, yet we complement each other, married almost 40 years.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thus the "at least complentary". A couple that say, fights incessently about religion wouldn't last very long. And some atheists are just as evangellical as their counterparts.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

What do you consider bashing? Is criticising a point and refuting it with peer reviewed research bashing? Because that is something that often occurs on these forums. Maybe this is slightly off topic though.

I don't know if it is frequent on this forum but some people are really, anti christian, I used to frequent a atheist chat room, they were mean.

Not just to Christians, they didn't like any form of spirituality.

But I am so sweet we got along, lol

I don't hate you guys.

[edit on 113030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Whilst i agree that similar interests are good for a marriage i think you are reaching for ideas here. They are not simply saying they don't want their child marrying due to them not getting on with each other. It is not wanting them to get married simply because they are atheists and according to the study atheists are seen as people who do not hold the countries values and are not to be trusted.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Not reaching and neither does it go into people's reasons for stating such.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Thus the "at least complentary". A couple that say, fights incessently about religion wouldn't last very long. And some atheists are just as evangellical as their counterparts.

I agree, but I embrace all that is beautiful from many different faiths, so he never knows what I am talking about lol

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

deduction son deduction. there is aparently nothing else in the scope of
consciousness it could be. the one who created all.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It's very easy to read into that story, why else would people not want their children marrying an atheist? The reasons are seated in bigotry and hatred.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

And that makes you a beautiful person. Which is most likely one of the things he likes about you.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Atheism is a gay religion.

worse than fundamentalist christians.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Circular logic my friend. I offered another plausable one. Not to mention it did not list stated reasons for saying what they did while you assert it did. You assume that is because of hatred, bigotry and ignorance and treat it as fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I read the goodnews page on DNA that you posted. It reminded me of this paper I was reading the other day called:

"Finding Protein Conformations with Genetic Polynomial-Time Searching of Quantum Physics Force Field Energy Hypersurfaces (PDF: 586 KB / 23 pages)"

In the paper the young Jason Douglas is talking about some ideas for making smart adaptive protein discovery technology. It made me think that the DNA has this adaptive technology built into it. It is a lot like a learning quadratic algorithm that is fed its instructions for adaptation from some quantum level instruction system. Quite beyond our present technology in genetic manipulation. It seems that DNA is just a bit too smart and adaptive to explain.

Mysterious ways of natures = divine instruction set?

Until we know more we just have to wonder in awe at it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The fact that a christian, jew , muslim , bhuddist , etc would prefer that thier child marry someone withing their faith is not hatred its a preference.
and to infer that from the study is very much a leap.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

The fact that a christian, jew , muslim , bhuddist , etc would prefer that thier child marry someone withing their faith is not hatred its a preference.

To add to this, it doesn't mean that adherent to religion x wouldn't be happy for their child if he married outside the faith.

I think that in this study, many of the parents were assuming that their child would still be an adherent to their faith at the time of marriage. I wonder how much the numbers would plummet if the question were rephrased to something like, "If your child was not a believer in your faith, would you disapprove if they married a...?"

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

i really must compliment the avatar. very cool

information - intention

intention -conscious being

1984 you get a star, a flag and a cookie.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What a sweet thing to say watcher, TY,

This topic reminded me of this song,

www.youtube.com...

and this one,

Now I've said too much
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
That was just a dream
www.youtube.com...

IMHO, we are spirit,

[edit on 013030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

BYU Written with DNA

www.livescience.com...

Using a new technology, researchers at Brigham Young University have written BYU with DNA.

The letters are so small that hundreds of thousands would fit inside the period at the end of this sentence.

Adam Woolley and co-authors Elisabeth Pound, Jeff Ashton and Hector Becerril have devised ways to fold DNA into nanoscale structures that have multiple branching points. They also describe procedures to form nanostructures of various different sizes using the method of "DNA origami." This work has potential application in forming nanoelectronic devices.

The "small, thin structures with square junctions have potential applications in nanoelectronics, addressing the need for narrow, branched features for wiring," the researchers said.

The feat will be detailed in the October issue of the American Chemical Society's journal Nano Letters.

I wont even pretend to understand.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I see you have a subjective radio stuck in your head too. Every conversation I have reminds me of some song.
Good songs. Also good to know I am not alone.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
From my understanding of what an atheist was when I grew up.
Is that they did not believe in religion.

It is ironic and hypocrisy that there are now groups that are atheist.
They are trying to get together and throw around there Un-belief in things.

Sounds like a religion to me.

I was brought up Roman Catholic. Comfirmed. And don't have much to do with any church. But, everyone has the right to believe what they want.
Just don't push it on me.
I don't want to hear it, see it, or live by a new rule because of it.

So, to any organized religious group.
Back Off!
And "Don't Tread on Me!"

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't understand how atheists have become the group that is seen that fits out of americas vision and disapproved..

When almost all my peers are atheists, and very few have much else to do with religion other than making jokes about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join